brandon Lloyd hurt in practice

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/11/lloyd_hurt.html?nav=rss_blog

Lloyd Hurt

Brandon Lloyd injured his shoulder when he hit the ground on the last play of practice, Coach Joe said. The receiver left The Park in a sling and was going for further testing.
Receivers Santana Moss and James Thrash missed practice as well - Thrash is definitely out and Moss is looking very iffy to play - some Reche Caldwell, come on down. Looks like Randle El and McCardell could be starting, with Caldwell as the No. 3. Burt Toler is on the practice squad, and he might end up activated, I imagine, given all these injuries. (Can't help feeling bad for Mike Espy through all of this. He was ready to soldify his place, I think, tore up his knee in camp and missed what could have been a breakthrough season him. He would have ended up with a lot of PT with all these injuries.).
LB Marcus Washington (hamstring) practiced fully, so barring a setback that's a good sign that he might be able to play. CB Fred Smoot (hamstring) was limited in practice. Sean Taylor (knee) and Pete Kendall (knees) also missed practice.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1766411 said:
He might be done for the season.

Wow no MC Hammer and James "Point to the Sky" Thrash........I guess they both need to just retire and prepare for the HOF.....:rolleyes:

btw, What is Thrash looking for when he points to the sky? UFO's?? He points to the sky on every play he's involved in......

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Damn. Having Lloyd in the game solidified a victory for dallas.

Now its anyones game. Yes, BL was THAT bad.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1766411 said:
He might be done for the season.
I thought he was done for the season even before this injury?

He only caught two passes for 14 yards all year, he simply disappeared so no great loss to skins.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Damn addition by subtraction. I think they even jumped up the power rankings a bit.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1766420 said:
I thought he was done for the season even before this injury?

He only caught two passes for 14 yards all year, he simply disappeared so no great loss to skins.

He might as well have been

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1766417 said:
Wow no MC Hammer and James "Point to the Sky" Thrash........I guess they both need to just retire and prepare for the HOF.....:rolleyes:

btw, What is Thrash looking for when he points to the sky? UFO's?? He points to the sky on every play he's involved in......

Maybe he is talking to a dear departed loved one? There are many who do this when they score.

It could be a mom a father a grandparent. It could be......GOD!

It appears he is just being thankful.

WarC

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1766422 said:
Damn addition by subtraction. I think they even jumped up the power rankings a bit.

You're right. Remember, substracting a negative is just like adding. 2 - -2 = 4, just like 2 + 2 = 4.

Commanders take this game with Llloyd out!!!111oneoneone.

hairic

Reaction score
This sucks. If he goes to IR, the Commanders get to upgrade their roster.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Dallas;1766424 said:
Maybe he is talking to a dear departed loved one? There are many who do this when they score.

It could be a mom a father a grandparent. It could be......GOD!

It appears he is just being thankful.

I know, you ruined it for me:rolleyes:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
broken collarbone....have fun feeling every cough and slight movement for the next week and half. Frustrating as all hell to break the collarbone. "Here, have this piece of cloth to hold it up. good luck"

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Commanders WR Brandon Lloyd breaks collarbone, out at least 6 weeks

Posted 19m ago | Comment | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print |

By Joseph White, AP Sports Writer
ASHBURN, Va. — Washington Commanders receiver Brandon Lloyd broke his collarbone Wednesday and will be sidelined at least six weeks, the latest setback in his disappointing tenure in the nation's capital.
Coach Joe Gibbs said Lloyd was hurt on the last play of practice when he caught a ball in the end zone. There was no other player involved.

"He landed on his shoulder and drove his shoulder into the ground," trainer Bubba Tyer said.

The force of the landing caused a complete break of the clavicle. Lloyd's right shoulder was put in a sling, but he will not require surgery.

Lloyd has caught only two passes for 14 yards this season, having fallen out of favor with the coaches because of his work ethic and lack of productivity. He missed a team meeting two weeks ago and, as punishment, wasn't allowed to travel with the team for the following game against the New York Jets.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Wednesday | New York Jets | Commanders | NFC East | Santana Moss | Lloyd | James Thrash
The Commanders traded two draft picks to San Francisco for Lloyd last year and signed him to a long-term contract that included $10 million in guaranteed money. He caught only 23 passes for 365 yards last season and lost his starting job to Antwaan Randle El in December.

However, this could have been the very week Lloyd had a chance to redeem himself. Santana Moss is struggling with a bruised right heel that caused him to miss last week's game against the Philadelphia Eagles, and James Thrash was on crutches Wednesday because of a severely sprained ankle.

Thrash is unlikely to play in Sunday's game against the NFC East rival Dallas Cowboys, and Moss' situation doesn't look much better. Moss didn't even bother trying to put his right shoe on completely as he left the locker room before Wednesday's walkthrough.

"We're working like crazy to get the swelling out of his heel so we can get him back on the field," Tyer said.

With seven games to go in the regular season, the Commanders will have to decide whether to place Lloyd on injured reserve and sign another receiver. Coincidentally, the team added receiver Burl Toler to the practice squad Wednesday, replacing offensive lineman Calvin Armstrong.

The Associated Press

khiladi

Reaction score
Coach Joe Gibbs said Lloyd was hurt on the last play of practice when he caught a ball in the end zone.

I couldn't get past the first paragraph. I'm still shocked that the words "caught a ball" and "Brandon Lloyd" were used in the same sentence.

Mansta54

Reaction score
khiladi;1766481 said:
I couldn't get past the first paragraph. I'm still shocked that the words "caught a ball" and "Brandon Lloyd" were used in the same sentence.

:lmao2: