brandon Lloyd hurt in practice

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
khiladi;1766481 said:
I couldn't get past the first paragraph. I'm still shocked that the words "caught a ball" and "Brandon Lloyd" were used in the same sentence.

Maybe he was trying to make a spectacular catch in practice to show that he's the best WR on the team, and he deserves more balls thrown his way....

JerryFan

Reaction score
CowboyWay;1766419 said:
Damn. Having Lloyd in the game solidified a victory for dallas.

Now its anyones game. Yes, BL was THAT bad.

His attitude must just stink. He was a stud in college and the thing is he caught everything thrown at him in college. I thought he would be decent for Wash, but his attitude and work ethic just flat out stinks.

I Bleed B&G

I Can't Stop the Bleeding
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1766398 said:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/11/lloyd_hurt.html?nav=rss_blog

Lloyd Hurt

Brandon Lloyd injured his shoulder when he hit the ground on the last play of practice, Coach Joe said. The receiver left The Park in a sling and was going for further testing.
Receivers Santana Moss and James Thrash missed practice as well - Thrash is definitely out and Moss is looking very iffy to play - some Reche Caldwell, come on down. Looks like Randle El and McCardell could be starting, with Caldwell as the No. 3. Burt Toler is on the practice squad, and he might end up activated, I imagine, given all these injuries. (Can't help feeling bad for Mike Espy through all of this. He was ready to soldify his place, I think, tore up his knee in camp and missed what could have been a breakthrough season him. He would have ended up with a lot of PT with all these injuries.).
LB Marcus Washington (hamstring) practiced fully, so barring a setback that's a good sign that he might be able to play. CB Fred Smoot (hamstring) was limited in practice. Sean Taylor (knee) and Pete Kendall (knees) also missed practice.

You're right about Espy. That guy will be a special player one day. Very freak injury.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
JerryFan;1766530 said:
His attitude must just stink. He was a stud in college and the thing is he caught everything thrown at him in college. I thought he would be decent for Wash, but his attitude and work ethic just flat out stinks.

Yeah, the other players really hate him from what I hear. Last week he was deactivated because he fell asleep at his locker and missed a meeting.

Now you know if anyone actually liked the guy, they would have woke him up before the coach showed up. But no. they just let him sleep.

Actually this very thing happened to me at work a couple of weeks ago, and the guy I share an office with didn't wake me. Instead he got up and went to starbucks, and left me hanging.

Dirty, rotten, bastich.

Ren

Reaction score
sadly this makes the skins better :laugh2:

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1766478 said:
Somewhere Antonio Bryant is patiently waiting by the phone.

He has a one year suspension facing him anyways...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1766417 said:
Wow no MC Hammer and James "Point to the Sky" Thrash........I guess they both need to just retire and prepare for the HOF.....:rolleyes:

btw, What is Thrash looking for when he points to the sky? UFO's?? He points to the sky on every play he's involved in......

Thrash is pretty religious, so I'd bet it's an acknowledgment of God.

As for Lloyd, I had this nervous feeling he'd break out against us. That's not gonna be the case now I guess.

I think Moss will be out which will leave Randel El as their #1 and McCardell as the #2. Reche Caldwell hasn't played all year, but he'd be the #3.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;1766424 said:
Maybe he is talking to a dear departed loved one? There are many who do this when they score.

It could be a mom a father a grandparent. It could be......GOD!

It appears he is just being thankful.

I think he's just thanking God that only the Commanders would allow him the opportunity to make a play

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1766476 said:
Coach Joe Gibbs said Lloyd was hurt on the last play of practice when he caught a ball in the end zone. There was no other player involved.

I guess practice does make perfect, get in the end-zone enough times and you'll know how to land properly:laugh2: sorry Lloyd, guess you just needed the practice

couldn't have happened to a worse person