Brandon Marshall thoughts

rags747

Reaction score
He may be available as a salary cut by the Jets, he states that at $7.5m/year he thinks that is a bargain. I would love to have him at that price...Thoughts? 33yrs old btw...

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If he was very cheap, sure. I'd much rather draft a #2 receiver, though.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I don't think he's insane anymore, and if they cut him for 7.5 million i'd look at him. He's legit.

Probably will cost too much though.

rags747

Reaction score
I don't think he's insane anymore, and if they cut him for 7.5 million i'd look at him. He's legit.

He was on a local radio show and that is where this comes from. They asked if he would play for the vet minimum and he said NO, even though all my bills are paid teams know what I am worth.

Anaway, Williams will probably get at least 6m I would think. Marshall to me would be like having two # 1 receivers. True he is no longer insane as in his Bronco days but has had evidently some locker room issues lately with the Jets. The guy catches everything.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Not exactly what you want opposite of Dez. They need a field stretcher and Marshall isn't going to be that, especially at his age. I know people hate it, but D. Jackson would be a great fit from a pure football standpoint. He's exactly the type of player needed opposite of someone like Dez.

I'll leave the locker room and salary stuff to someone else who knows more about him and what he would demand on the open market. From a pure on the field perspective though he would fit great here.

Zordon

Reaction score

they're saying that his beef with sheldon richardson destroyed the jets locker room this year.

gmoney112

Reaction score
they're saying that his beef with sheldon richardson destroyed the jets locker room this year.

I'm inclined to take Brandon's side on that because Sheldon is an idiot. I want him nowhere near this team.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
He was on a local radio show and that is where this comes from. They asked if he would play for the vet minimum and he said NO, even though all my bills are paid teams know what I am worth.

Anaway, Williams will probably get at least 6m I would think. Marshall to me would be like having two # 1 receivers. True he is no longer insane as in his Bronco days but has had evidently some locker room issues lately with the Jets. The guy catches everything.
I love B Marsh, but he absolutely does not catch everything. Second in the league in drops with a <50% catch rate.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
From watching Marshall on "Inside the NFL", he has seemed to turn that maturity corner. He is still a productive WR but I am not so sure he would be a good fit here. We have enough possession receivers as it is, get me a guy to stretch the field.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Not exactly what you want opposite of Dez. They need a field stretcher and Marshall isn't going to be that, especially at his age. I know people hate it, but D. Jackson would be a great fit from a pure football standpoint. He's exactly the type of player needed opposite of someone like Dez.

I'll leave the locker room and salary stuff to someone else who knows more about him and what he would demand on the open market. From a pure on the field perspective though he would fit great here.
D. Jax may be available in the draft:
john-ross.jpg

joseephuss

Reaction score
From watching Marshall on "Inside the NFL", he has seemed to turn that maturity corner. He is still a productive WR but I am not so sure he would be a good fit here. We have enough possession receivers as it is, get me a guy to stretch the field.

Being on "Inside the NFL" is a problem in my opinion. Flying to New York once a week to film that show instead of preparing for the upcoming opponent isn't an ideal situation.

What will it cost to get Larry Fitzgerald? If you want to spend money then that is the guy. Makes more sense to draft someone.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Being on "Inside the NFL" is a problem in my opinion. Flying to New York once a week to film that show instead of preparing for the upcoming opponent isn't an ideal situation.

What will it cost to get Larry Fitzgerald? If you want to spend money then that is the guy. Makes more sense to draft someone.

I agree that it is weird that a current player is on a show like that but it is filmed in Jersey(he plays there, remember? :)) and he does it on his day off.

Fitz is 33, not sure on him yet. I wouldn't spend that kind of cash on offense this season....use it on the defense and go find/draft a WR.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Well..

I think he would be a good addition.

Other than Beasley..

W need a shakeup of the WRs.

TWill is gone..The rest are marginal..

Plus Witten replacement must be found,too.