Wide Receiver weak side
A. Bryant
F. Jackson
J. Cribbs

Wide Receiver strong side
D. Northcutt
B. Edwards
B. Rideau

Exactly. Bryant AND Edwards will be starting. Dilfer has spoken highly of Bryant and looks his way early and often. You don't have to like him, but even with Edwards I think he's in a good situation to have a solid year.

burmafrd

Reaction score
AB better not drop any more critical passes- or he will be #3 even faster. Northcutt is not as flashy as AB- but he is more consistent.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The question that should be asked is "who's running #1 and #2 at WR for the Browns?"....It doesn't matter which two guys you throw out and say they are the starters, with that group, I think it's the 3rd guy that most teams can't cover with a nickel back or safety who will make the biggest impact.

Not unlike our own team...With Keyshaun and Glenn starting, Crayton has a chance to be the big impact guy as the #3....but anyone who thinks he's actually getting open and catching more passes because he's soooo much better than the starters will have to wait and see how he does when he IS a starter and is covered by the other team's best CB's and schemes.

Cleveland, like the Cowboys, is very lucky to have 3 quality guys...but don't anyone ever forget what happens to guys like Alvin Harper & Kevin Williams when they are relied on to produce more than they did as the #2 or #3 guys.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Of course Edwards is an immense talent, and Crennell has no reason not to integrate him as asap.

As a fruit of the Parcells Tree, perhaps Romeo will frown upon the designation of '1-2-3' receivers as much as Tuna and Mumbles do. Then again, unlike the two Bills, he will actually HAVE a #1.

My guess is Northcutt sits before AB tho. Based on what I saw this summer and have seen of Northcutt in the past.

Unless of course AB gets another case of the dropsies, and blows off his route running again. Or lets his 'tude go.

But if he concentrates, he should be able to outplay Northcutt.

I like Crennel and Carthon - two of Bills Guys - and their success is the only reason I hope AB performs. If it weren't for their ties to Bill, I'd like to see AB laundering sweaty jerseys in some 24 hour Laundromat for the next forty years, including on Sundays, whining and cursing up at the tv as Edwards (not to mention Patrick, Terry and Key) score TDs. :laugh2:

I mentioned earlier in this thread that AB dropped a critical 3rd and 2 on a game winning drive..not good for AB.

He had similar drop statistics to old "stone hands" last year who we booted a few weeks ago. Northcutt was actually making plays and catching critical passes with Big plays (80 yarder) going to Braylon.

I am not arguing anything really other than AB made a key drop once again. He is young and talented but can he handle being down the roster and will he get frustrated with a demotion if he continues poor play?

I do think he is young enough to still have upside and a future with the Browns but he has to step it up or the whining ensues yet again. Same thing with Morgan, he whined with the Browns after demotion and wanted out..he did the same exact thing on our team.

These guys need to either step up or shut up IMO