Breakdown of how Dak Prescott transformed his game in one year into an MVP type of performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give.me a couple weeks and we'll see if the transformation is complete.
Playing in a new scheme, the explosion of CeeDee, good protection, horrific secondaries, and a joke of a division.
Above all this team has remained Uber healthy all season.

There's no doubt Dak has played better, however he will be seeing some tough zones under difficult pressure hopefully he responds.
Or he'll hold the ball and make last minute bad decisions.
The key is taking the first read and throwing into tight coverage .
He's got to trust his arm and not try to overthrow, when he does the ball sails and bad things happen.

Hope for the best, for all our sakes.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Dak had a stretch this year where he looked like his usual lost self also. I am hoping he proves me wrong and performs at a high level in the playoffs but my hunch is that when he has to make a play or two to help the team when it's all on the line, he wont. That is the Dak that has played here for eight years, over and over again the same story.

Again, I hope I am wrong and I will be the first to admit it if I am.
What stretch was that?

NYUPSTATE

Reaction score
Coach McCarthy had a lot to do with it.

Enjoy...

Keep it going throughout the playoffs, Dak. Best of luck. Go make history.

:starspin:

I'm hoping for the best. But time and time again, Dak has shown greatness, until it really counts. (And I don't think beating up a loser team like Washington "really counts"). When it really counts, it's interceptions, fumbles, bad passes, bad decisions. The playoffs are when it really counts, and I have serious concerns about getting anywhere. One victory? Maybe two? But how could they come close to the 49'ers?

mardwin

Reaction score
I think part of it was last year was more of an outlier but people took it as his normal performance or that he was on a downward trend.
Dak never looked as good as he does this year. He hits receivers before the break and challenges the middle of the field with consistency. Kudos to MM for getting the best out of Dak.

mardwin

Reaction score
It’s been a VERY weak QB year.

Lamar Jackson is gonna win it easily with incredibly pedestrian stats.

He had great performances against elite teams but yeah Dak would have won it if it wasn't for the games against Buffalo and Dophins.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He had great performances against elite teams but yeah Dak would have won it if it wasn't for the games against Buffalo and Dophins.
Yup.

The MVP this season came down to what you did against the good teams in the league because nobodies stats really stood out as "great".

Nobody threw 40 TDs or passed for 5,000 yards. The fact that it's not going to a non-QB this year is a shame, because this would be the year.

HanD

Reaction score
Dak never looked as good as he does this year. He hits receivers before the break and challenges the middle of the field with consistency. Kudos to MM for getting the best out of Dak.
I don't disagree but lots we said about his int last year and it wasn't indicative of the test of his career

Zman5

Reaction score
Rich Gannon, Mike Martz and Chuck Pagano are previewing Dallas vs GB game and at 7:05 mark Martz talks about why he thinks Dak is playing much better this year. The short answer is KM's offense sucked.

BTW, MM was Gannon's QB coach in KC and Gannon credits MM as one of the major reasons why he improved late in his career. For all the people who keep saying Dak's in his 8th season and think he can't/won't get any better, Gannon won the MVP when he was 37. Here is a quote from Gannon about MM.

"“My game really took off under Mike,” Gannon said during an interview at the Super Bowl Media Center. “He really worked on me in terms of footwork, the decision-making, the timing and rhythm of the passing game, understanding the protections. I think that is where Aaron (Rodgers) has really separated himself from a lot of other quarterbacks. That’s why he is becoming one of those upper echelon players."

Nexx

Reaction score
Dak's formula this year. Against good teams: play conservative, dont be aggressive but complete short passes that dont give you first downs to pump up completion percentage. Dont take risks to keep interceptions down to keep QB ratings as high as possible. Lose. Against bad teams: pump up all stats to make you look good.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak's formula this year. Against good teams: play conservative, dont be aggressive but complete short passes that dont give you first downs to pump up completion percentage. Dont take risks to keep interceptions down to keep QB ratings as high as possible. Lose. Against bad teams: pump up all stats to make you look good.
How is your boy, Jalen Hurts, doing? Is he going to be able to play tomorrow? Likely his last game of the season. Sucks to be an Eagirls fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.