Breakdown of Notre Dame Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanofJerry

Reaction score

So...right off the bat the guy describes a player being used incorrectly.

At Notre Dame. A high level program with expensive coaches. They are using guys incorrectly?

Something doesnt add up with the story. The stories lies that are based on hierarchy info are lame.

Players being used wrong at College level in this age of "instant information" and a supposed battle for high paying jobs(thousands of coaches)...doesnt add up.

No poster can explain my attention to a glitch in the matrix.

There is a lie being propagated.

Carson

Reaction score
It happens. Look at Theo Johnson at Penn State

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
No program, college or pro is immune to using a players talents in the wrong way. Most coaches run a certain scheme that some guys fit like a glove, while other players do not.

No one is really to blame. You can’t blame a coach for not wanting to change the way he runs a defense just to fit the talents of one guy. They can do some things to tailor it to the players, but there is only so much you can do in that regard.

Having said that, I don’t know the situation of this guy or the ND defensive coaches. It wouldn’t be shocking for a major college to misuse one of their players though.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
No program, college or pro is immune to using a players talents in the wrong way. Most coaches run a certain scheme that some guys fit like a glove, while other players do not.

No one is really to blame. You can’t blame a coach for not wanting to change the way he runs a defense just to fit the talents of one guy. They can do some things to tailor it to the players, but there is only so much you can do in that regard.

Having said that, I don’t know the situation of this guy or the ND defensive coaches. It wouldn’t be shocking for a major college to misuse one of their players though.
Another side-stepper.

So the governing systems that hire coaches for high paying jobs allow bad judgement?

The story doesnt add up.

FanofJerry

Reaction score

Something isn't adding up

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I know I'm gonna get killed for this but he reminds me of Fred Werner. May be it's the build or the physicality

Sydla

Reaction score

At Notre Dame. A high level program with expensive coaches. They are using guys incorrectly?

Something doesnt add up with the story. The stories lies that are based on hierarchy info are lame.

Players being used wrong at College level in this age of "instant information" and a supposed battle for high paying jobs(thousands of coaches)...doesnt add up.

No poster can explain my attention to a glitch in the matrix.

There is a lie being propagated.

The Notre Dame DC is Al Golden, and he was one of the best DCs in college football last year. I doubt he was using Liufau "wrong". Maybe, Liufau wasn't the ideal fit for what Golden does on defense.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm an Oklahoma fan. We have the most wins since WW2, and play guys out of position all the time. There are position changes every offseason. Whether it's out of necessity or otherwise, it happens every single year at every single school. Nobody is immune to human error.

You have to understand, these kids all mature differently. Their bodies change, which alot of the time brings positional changes. Sometimes a team doesn't have an opening at their natural position, or has a greater need at another, and the players are pigeon holed somewhere that isn't ideal. There's no conspiracy. It's the nature of the game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Another side-stepper. Perfect for existence.
I answered your question in another post.

Now I have a question. What's your motivation here? That Liufau is a stud that was misused at ND and therefore if used properly he would have been a higher round pick?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
According to some Cowboy apologists, the University of Michigan has been coaching their defensive linemen incorrectly.

I mean, they won a National Championship and get a ton of players drafted into the league, but sure....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Something doesnt add up with the story.
Well that's the truth. Many are saying it. Media. Fans.

What's the difference between that and what a professional team like the Dallas Cowboys did with Bell last year? He was used incorrectly. A high level program with expensive coaches.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Are the Dallas Cowboys using Micah Parsons in the wrong way??? Or was Penn State using him in the wrong way?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Another side-stepper.

So the governing systems that hire coaches for high paying jobs allow bad judgement?

The story doesnt add up.
As a fan of ND and aware of the different schemes and DCs there over the time Marist was on the team I can say its true and you know nothing about it

Status
Not open for further replies.