Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I just started watching the first season.

Pretty good show.

I've gone through about 5 episodes in the last day or two.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4614637 said:

Pretty good show.

You're in for a treat :D

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I need to catch up... on multiple seasons. This show is awesome, I don't know why I'm not caught up.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Been waiting for so long, then like a *******... I go and schedule a trip to Paso Robles with the wife that night!

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4614637 said:

Pretty good show.

It just keeps on getting better.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4614715 said:
Best show on TV

Agreed. The writing and the acting are amazing. I can't freaking wait to see Walter become the villain even more.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
I need Dish to suck it up and renew a deal with AMC or I won't be watching it on the 15th. :(

Unfortunately I cannot switch from Dish either as my apartment has a contract with them and will charge me a ridiculous amount of money to get cable or DirectTV installed.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
sureletsrace;4614817 said:
My fiancée and I just finished season one. We're hooked.

I kid you not...EVERY person that I've turned onto this show comes back and says something close to "I watched 5 episodes in a row. It's such an awesome show". It was already on season 2 by the time I started, and the same was true for me. HOOKED.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
xout;4614785 said:
I need Dish to suck it up and renew a deal with AMC or I won't be watching it on the 15th. :(

Unfortunately I cannot switch from Dish either as my apartment has a contract with them and will charge me a ridiculous amount of money to get cable or DirectTV installed.
Plenty of ways to obtain an episode ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the reminder...did not realize it was starting back up already. :bow:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Finished watching Season 4 last weekend... ready for the fifth and final!

Great show...

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Okay, I'm really not trying to toot my own horn around here, but I just got hired as a new Entertainment writer for the newspaper in Bethany, Oklahoma, and my first article was a review of The Amazing Spider-Man, so I posted my review in that thread. And my second article? A writeup on Breaking Bad, so I'm posting it in this thread. :D

Breaking Bad: Why You Need To Catch Up On The Best Show On Television

You are officially on the clock. This Sunday at 9pm (Oklahoma Standard Time), the best show on television kicks off its sure to be epic final season. Which means you have precious little time to catch up and see what all the hype is about and why I’m about to make a really bold statement: with apologies to “Dexter”, “Mad Men”, “Game of Thrones” and “Modern Family”, there is currently no better series on television than “Breaking Bad”. So how did a show about a high school chemistry teacher who finds out he has cancer and uses his smarts to start a meth lab with the idea of leaving a lot of cash for his family once he dies become the greatest thing on TV? For those who won’t just take some new entertainment writer’s word for it and need specifics, the following are the top five reasons why you should be watching “Breaking Bad”.

1. The acting. There’s a reason why Bryan Cranston won three straight Emmys for Best Lead Actor in a Drama Series (coming in September: a fourth straight win, book it). If you are having a hard time believing that the goofy dad from “Malcolm In The Middle” has the acting chops to pull off a morally ambiguous chemistry genius who becomes a serious drug dealer, nobody would fault you. But then again, nobody thought that the Fresh Prince would be nominated for two Oscars when he was making fun of Carlton’s dance moves 20 years ago either. Cranston’s turn as Walter White is the most critically acclaimed and most revelatory performance on the boob tube since James Gandolfini was a therapy bound mafia boss on “The Sopranos”. And it’s not just Cranston. Playing White’s partner in crime, Jesse Pinkman, former “Big Love” alumni Aaron Paul has won an Emmy himself for Best Supporting Actor. The entire cast is sensational, and they stand toe to toe with the cast of “Mad Men” and “Game of Thrones” as the best ensemble in the biz.

2. The writing. How many times have you been watching a show, and a line of dialogue or a plotline that causes you to abandon any sort of suspension of disbelief just makes you roll your eyes? If you’re a fan of any “CSI” series that stars David Caruso, this happens about ten to one hundred times an episode. But I can count on a closed fist the number of times you’ll roll your eyes in response to any of the brilliant writing in “Breaking Bad”. The story feels organic and real, it’s never forced or emotionally manipulative. Any mystery or dangling plotline that is keeping you guessing is always addressed and tied up in a completely unpredictable, but always believable, fashion. For all the prospective writers out there, watching “Breaking Bad” is like taking a master’s class, but without all the awful homework.

3. Brainy entertainment. Rare is the television show that is smart enough to tickle your mind on a deep level while simultaneously entertaining the thrillseeker within. Fellow AMC award winner “Mad Men” is an example of a slow burning show that’s appreciated because of its smart writing and production values, but sometimes it’s as fun as getting a tooth pulled. On the other end of the spectrum, the “True Blood”s and “Real Housewives of New Jersey”s of the world are trashy fun, but have as much brains as Dorothy’s straw-stuffed friend. “Breaking Bad” is the perfect storm of intelligent writing that slowly builds to big payoffs while constantly brimming with high stakes moments, criminal plots, hilarious bits of dialogue and mesmerizing performances.

4. The storyline. Television has long been fascinated with the criminal underworld, but it’s never quite been done like this before. Audiences are used to seeing morally void psychopaths preying on innocent victims, not sweet natured high school teachers dying of cancer delving into darkness. Just as in real life, the deeper Walter White gets his hooks into the drug business, the more dire the consequences. We watch White work his way up the drug food chain, and as he climbs that ladder, the scarier his enemies become, and the more he himself “breaks bad”.

5. Moral ambiguity. One of the most fascinating aspects of “Breaking Bad” is how it is consistently causing the viewer to question its characters’ motivations and actions. Better yet, you can’t help but to imagine yourself in the same situations as these people and wonder what you would do in their circumstances. It’s a theme that “Breaking Bad” thrives on: are these good guys or are these bad guys? Heroes and villains used to be so easy to classify. Sheriff Andy Taylor, definite good guy. The One-Armed Man, definite bad guy. As for Walter White, mild mannered high school science teacher and loving husband and father by day, violent and calculating drug kingpin by night? I’ve watched every single second of “Breaking Bad” since its premiere 4 years ago, and I still have no idea whether he’s a good guy or a bad guy. But I sure do love trying to figure it out.

The clock is ticking. Rush down to your local video store immediately (if you can find one). Borrow the DVD’s from that friend who has been bugging you to watch this show for the past two years. Shift your priorities on your Netflix queue. Sorry, Season 9 of “Project Runway” can wait. Catching up on the best series on television cannot. Tick tock.