Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4705125 said:
What are you implying?

The book leads nowhere, there is never a final confrontation between Hank and Walt. Hank is left to his suspicions but he can never act on them because initials in a book aren't enough to obtain a warrant or otherwise take any kind of legal action.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Joshmil53;4705104 said:
Ah, just saw it. How did he have hair though? :eek: (wig?)

If you look he spells out his age, 52, on his birthday with bacon... he's only 51 right now... remember he spelled out his age, 51, a few episodes ago...

The first episode in this season hasn't actually taken place yet...

Joshmil53

Reaction score
trickblue;4705151 said:
If you look he spells out his age, 52, on his birthday with bacon... he's only 51 right now... remember he spelled out his age, 51, a few episodes ago...

The first episode in this season hasn't actually taken place yet...

I watched all 5 seasons in a matter of about a week so A LOT of facts flew over my head.

trickblue

Reaction score
masomenos;4705101 said:
Walt says G.B. stands for Gretchen [last name]. We know her by her married name, Gretchen Schwartz, his former lover and current co-owner of Grey Matter.

masomenos;4705147 said:
The book leads nowhere, there is never a final confrontation between Hank and Walt. Hank is left to his suspicions but he can never act on them because initials in a book aren't enough to obtain a warrant or otherwise take any kind of legal action.

If he compares the book to Gale's lab notes he'll see they match exactly...

Notice the "G" and "Y"...

2ry5b2p.png

301iskk.png

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
trickblue;4705163 said:

Whoever really wrote all that has nice printing.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
trickblue;4705163 said:

2ry5b2p.png

301iskk.png

How does he do that though? He can't just take the book, it would be in inadmissable. If he asks to borrow it, Walt simply declines and says its special to him.

I could see him taking it, Walt noticing it missing and Hank blaming the theft on Marie's kleptomania. But legally, he still wouldn't be able to use it against Walt. He would know the truth and Walt would know that Hank knew, but the book wouldn't be enouh to trigger his downfall.

trickblue

Reaction score
masomenos;4705188 said:
How does he do that though? He can't just take the book, it would be in inadmissable. If he asks to borrow it, Walt simply declines and says its special to him.

I could see him taking it, Walt noticing it missing and Hank blaming the theft on Marie's kleptomania. But legally, he still wouldn't be able to use it against Walt. He would know the truth and Walt would know that Hank knew, but the book wouldn't be enouh to trigger his downfall.

He could ask Skylar... my bet is he takes it anyway...

superpunk

Reaction score
masomenos;4705147 said:
It's enough for him to start going rogue and looking keenly at Walt though.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4704995 said:
I think all of the ricin is gone. That would be twisted if that happened though.

He had it at the coffee shop when the lady gave him the names of Mike's people.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
superpunk;4705514 said:
It's enough for him to start going rogue and looking keenly at Walt though.

Start looking keenly at Walt, who is no longer making meth? Going rogue to continue investigating the Fring case sounds like a good way to lose your promotion.

Don't get me wrong, Hank will make all of the connections but he won't be in a position to do anything about it. And if he finds out Skyler is involved, would he even be willing to do anything about it?

I just don't see it. Something is coming for Walt but it's bigger than Hank Schrader.

superpunk

Reaction score
masomenos;4705593 said:
Start looking keenly at Walt, who is no longer making meth?

Who says he's done making meth? He's shown a complete inability to give it up so far.

There has to be some sort of showdown after the "meth maker and brother in law" dynamic for five seasons. Even if it's just another Walt figures out Hank knows something, and takes care of Hank as he's already shown he's willing to do. And Hank has shown an inability to leave well enough alone, and is already showing signs of hating his promotion anyhow. idk just thinking.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
superpunk;4705680 said:
Who says he's done making meth? He's shown a complete inability to give it up so far.

There has to be some sort of showdown after the "meth maker and brother in law" dynamic for five seasons. Even if it's just another Walt figures out Hank knows something, and takes care of Hank as he's already shown he's willing to do. And Hank has shown an inability to leave well enough alone, and is already showing signs of hating his promotion anyhow. idk just thinking.

I think Walt's "taking care" of people may be over. To me, Walt's full head of hair in the season opener, combined with his "I'm out" statement and the idyllic family-life scene that followed is a signal of the end of the Heisenberg arc. Heisenberg accomplished his goal, now Walt can return.

What is the M16 about, then? I don't know but the writers have rarely been so obvious as to put something like that right in our face and not toy with our expectations.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
The general theory is that Walt is in some sort of exile based upon the N.H. license plate.

What would make him run? I doubt a fear for his life as he's dealt with those situations multiple times.

The law?

Ultimatum from Hank?

What would make him come back? Revenge? Protect someone? And from whom?

a_minimalist

Reaction score
junk;4705872 said:
The general theory is that Walt is in some sort of exile based upon the N.H. license plate.

What would make him run? I doubt a fear for his life as he's dealt with those situations multiple times.

The law?

Ultimatum from Hank?

What would make him come back? Revenge? Protect someone? And from whom?

Dude, GOOD CALL! I completely forgot about those plates! I bet you they used "the guy" to make them disappear and were found.