Breaking down options at the QB position

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a whole lot of words to come to the conclusion "Dak will be our quarterback for the foreseeable future"

bb721

Reaction score
You should know that you’re considered a joke here.

You might be right about him, I don’t know, but I’m just curious when the board decided that you speak for all of us?

Nav22

Reaction score
You might be right about him, I don’t know, but I’m just curious when the board decided that you speak for all of us?
Years ago. There was a vote and everything.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As the offseason lingers, we have all these questions about Head Coaches and Coordinators, we also need to figure out what we're going to do at QB. Many like Dak, but is he really the best option going forward?

Before proceeding, ask yourself, are you satisfied with Dak at QB and willing to pay him market price despite being 1-6 against winning teams with 7 TD's and 7 INT's I believe (rounding the stats here, take them with a grain of salt. The rounding isn't too far off, however). Or are you guys just nervous about drafting a bust in the draft? Are the odds of possibly drafting a cheaper rookie that is a bust higher than keeping Dak who is average (or above average, according to misleading stats)?

I'd like to point out Alex Smith. If the Chiefs hadn't of moved on, they wouldn't have gotten Mahomes. Yes, they might have drafted a bust, but they took the risk and got Mahomes instead. Same situation is valid for the Texans.

Dak is an average QB. He can win you games (Lions game, Vikes game had the playcalling actually been competent), but he can also be the reason why you lose others (2nd Philly game, Bills game, Patriots game, etc). He can be tagged and observed in the 2020 season with a new HC, however, what can a new HC to if the QB cannot hit wide open WR's, throws behind the receiver every other pass, cannot throw in stride, low pocket awareness, regresses badly to bad footwork and overall bad football IQ when under pressure, cannot read defenses well, etc. He is also not a pure athletic QB such as Watson or Jackson. Will a new HC really fix majority of his problems? I will be fair, he has pros such as leadership, personality, great locker room presence, good mentality, and slight clutchness, however, do all of these traits override his cons?

Anyways, let's delve into the draft:

QB's that are likely going to declare for 2020 include: Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Tua, Jake Fromm (possibly), Jacob Eason, Jordan Love, Jalen Hurts, and more.

Now, just because we don't have a high draft pick DOES NOT mean we won't draft a superstar. Watson and Mahomes were drafted at 10 and 12. Other QB's such as Wilson and obviously Tom Brady were drafted in later rounds. Pick does not matter. We may stumble upon a star. Herbert, a high prospect, is also predicted to go at 17 according to a lot of mock drafts. We may take a shot at him. Or, despite conflicting reports and opinion on Riley, if he does come here, we may get Hurts so they can continue to develop chemistry together.

Free Agency/Trade: There aren't many free agent QB's out there, a few notable soon to be FA's are Tannehill and Bridgewater. QB's that play around the same level as Dak, but at a cheaper price. Some may oppose bringing them in, but in hindsight, it's not a bad idea if you want to re-sign/bring in more expensive pieces that are needed to make average QB's look great (Cobb, a better backup QB, Amari, Byron Jones, etc).

Trade: This one is less likely, as we need draft pieces to get a better defense, however, it is not 100% out of the question. What are the odds that we trade enough pieces/rounds away to get Mahomes, Watson, Jackson, or Josh Allen? Low, yes, but still possible and negotiable. These QB's may not look the same under our system, but they are fundamentally better QB's than Dak, as well as more athletic in general.

Going forward into 2020, what should we do at QB and why? If you stay with Dak, what kind of offensive scheme would you run for him?

*Before anyone says "Dak will be paid. No doubt about it." Please inform me as to why he has yet to be actually paid by the Joneses? Actions speak louder than words. Just because they talk all this talk means nothing. They said they'd bring Dez and DeMarco Murray back, yet they did not. QB is a different situation, yes, but as I said before, actions speak louder than words. If they we're so bullish on Dak, they would have given him the contract he had asked for before. Just sayin'.

and then you woke up with sticky pants. :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2: