Vikes
@Lions
@Pack

This looks like a 3-1 start, would be nice to see them stumble 2-2

Panthers - L
@BROWNS ????
Ravens - L
@Steelers - ????

Two tough AFC road games around Panthers/Ravens!
2-2 and could be 1-3

@Cowboys - L
Commanders - W
Giants -W
Packers - ?????

This is 3-1 to 2-2, Green Bay plays big this year

@Commanders - This is where Gibbs can Spoil
Cowboys - For division
@Rams - L
Cinci - Team on Rise and Palmer probably broken or Benched

This could be 2-2 stumble finish with potential for worse.

Thats best 10-6 to Worst of 7-9

Shuttemdown41

Reaction score
Nors said:
Giants
Vikes
@Lions
@Pack

@Cowboys - L
Commanders - W
Giants -W
Packers - ?????

Since when do the Eagles and Packers play 2 times per year? Unless of course you're referring to a playoff meeting which doesn't seem to be the case. You currently have them playing the Pack as their 4th AND 12th games on the schedule.

Oh, anyone wanna give me an over/under on how long it takes AJM to jump into this thread like a rabid dog defending its pups? :D

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Shuttemdown41 said:
Since when do the Eagles and Packers play 2 times per year? Unless of course you're referring to a playoff meeting which doesn't seem to be the case. You currently have them playing the Pack as their 4th AND 12th games on the schedule.

Oh, anyone wanna give me an over/under on how long it takes AJM to jump into this thread like a rabid dog defending its pups? :D
U didn't know that the Eagles play in both the NFC East and NFC South

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Shuttemdown41 said:

Mistake - the first one SB Bears - good catch

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
They are deep on the defensive line but paper thin at linebacker and the defensive backfield. They are starting two very young corners and you can't discount the loss of Vincent and Taylor. What are they going to do when teams go 3 or 4 wide on them?

And whats funny is people focused on their wide receiver position last year but the Eagles never addressed their biggest need in the off-season: stopping the run. Remember, this was the team that allowed 8 (or was it 9?) straight 100 yard rushers against them.

The Eagles will spit with us and lose to the Packers (revenge game), Ravens, Rams (tough road game) and Panthers. That's 11-5. Honestly, even with all of their holes, they play the same schedule that we do. It's not easy to find losses against the AFC North and NFC north.

NOVA 22

Reaction score
sorry dude but that prediction of 10-6 at worst is a joke. i hate the eagles, but they could easily win 13 games this year with that schedule. when you break down the quarters its actually even scarier. i don't think they'll even go 2-2 in any one quarter this year.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Is with a butchers knife

;)

But you should realy pluck 1st the feathers do not taste good and do not cook well

Daren

Reaction score
Were still gonna have to worry about them because of there new additions.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Shuttemdown41 said:
Sorry, at work... :cool:

AJM1613

Reaction score
Nors said:
The schedule is weak upfront and gets tough as the season wears on

Giants
Vikes
@Lions
@Pack

Panthers - L
@BROWNS ????
Ravens - L
@Steelers - ????

Two tough AFC road games around Panthers/Ravens!
2-2 and could be 1-3

@Cowboys - L
Commanders - W
Giants -W
Packers - ?????

@Commanders - This is where Gibbs can Spoil
Cowboys - For division
@Rams - L
Cinci - Team on Rise and Palmer probably broken or Benched

This could be 2-2 stumble finish with potential for worse.

Thats best 10-6 to Worst of 7-9
We play the Bears week 4.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Nors said:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/depthchart.jsp

These guys are perilously close to having a BAD defense.

Westbrook and Buckholter are somewhat Frail and the Dline has had Injury issues for Years.

I see the Eagles on the way down as we are going up........
Are you joking, or on crack?

First of all we will have a very good defense.

-Our defensive line is the best pass rushing defensive line in the league and we have a lot of depth.
-We have the best safeties in the league.
-We have 2 young corners who have proven they can play, and one of them will become great (Sheppard) with the pass rush.
-We have good/decent linebackers.

How did we do last year with Vincent, Taylor, Dawkins, McDougle, Green, Burgess, Thomas, Grasmanis, and Emmons hurt. We had the 7th ranked defense.

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
The Eagles can't stop the run and also with two young unproven corners who knows how things could go. I think Nors is right on with a 10-6 record or maybe somewhere around 500.

You know those games in Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland and Pittsburgh will probably be alot more competitive than you think.

Shuttemdown41

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

-Our defensive line is the best pass rushing defensive line in the league and we have a lot of depth.

I think you might be the one who needs to step away from the crack pipe buddy. That line right there proves it.

So the Eagles' pass rush is better than the Panthers'? Ohhhhkayyyyy. Even with the addition of Kearse and assorted others coming back from injury, to make a statement like that is simply ludicrous. Kearse and Rucker is probably a wash at this point (and that's being generous to Jevon). Buckner and Thomas/Walker is probably just as much a wash, with the Eagles tandem having only a slight edge if any at all. Jenkins blows Simon out of the water, this one isn't even close. Do I even need to introduce J Peppers versus McDougle or whoever else there is on the other side of the line for the Eagles? I think not. Don't let the green-tinted glasses cloud your judgement on this one okay.

The Eagles line does not start to compare to the Panthers line in terms of pass rush, or even run stuffing for that matter.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

First of all we will have a very good defense.

-We have 2 young corners who have proven they can play, and one of them will become great (Sheppard) with the pass rush.

How did we do last year with Vincent, Taylor, Dawkins, McDougle, Green, Burgess, Thomas, Grasmanis, and Emmons hurt. We had the 7th ranked defense.

Your defense will implode with no corners. You can't stop the run and the Linebackers are average at best and you have no depth there. Everyone is on to Eagles schemes. Chuckie undressed you in Championship game.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

The Eagles do have defensive line depth, but many of those players are coming back from injury. Can we expect Hollis Thomas and the first round pick from last year to make contributions?

The two corners have not proven that they can play. Sheldon Brown looks like a keeper, Lito Sheppard is average at best. Do you really think you can go to the championship game again with two young corners?

Don't get me started on your linebacking core. You and I both know that your middle linebacker is undersized and a big reason why the Eagles couldn't stop the run last year. You lost your defensive MVP, Carlos Emmons, and replaced him with a very average LB in Dhani Jones. On the other side, the kid from Green Bay had a forgettable year last year.

And like Nors said, the Eagles have no depth at either linebacker or corner if there is any injuries.

The two big off-season additions are both risks, one is an injury risk the other has attitude problems.

Okay enough Eagles talk, I already feel nauseous.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
So how true are these rumors of Jeremiah Trotter returning to Philly? I know they wanted the fast defender who can stop the outside run with Simoneau but they've missed Trotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.