Breaking Eagles down by quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Shuttemdown41 said:
I think you might be the one who needs to step away from the crack pipe buddy. That line right there proves it.

So the Eagles' pass rush is better than the Panthers'? Ohhhhkayyyyy. Even with the addition of Kearse and assorted others coming back from injury, to make a statement like that is simply ludicrous. Kearse and Rucker is probably a wash at this point (and that's being generous to Jevon). Buckner and Thomas/Walker is probably just as much a wash, with the Eagles tandem having only a slight edge if any at all. Jenkins blows Simon out of the water, this one isn't even close. Do I even need to introduce J Peppers versus McDougle or whoever else there is on the other side of the line for the Eagles? I think not. Don't let the green-tinted glasses cloud your judgement on this one okay.

The Eagles line does not start to compare to the Panthers line in terms of pass rush, or even run stuffing for that matter.
I said pass rushing, not run stuffing.

Kearse is better than Rucker.
Simon is a better pass rusher than Jenkins.
Walker is a lot better pass rusher than Buckner.
McDougle/Burgess are unproven, but they arn't better than Peppers.

Please tell me why you think this.

AJM1613

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
The two corners have not proven that they can play. Sheldon Brown looks like a keeper, Lito Sheppard is average at best. Do you really think you can go to the championship game again with two young corners?

Don't get me started on your linebacking core. You and I both know that your middle linebacker is undersized and a big reason why the Eagles couldn't stop the run last year. You lost your defensive MVP, Carlos Emmons, and replaced him with a very average LB in Dhani Jones. On the other side, the kid from Green Bay had a forgettable year last year.

And like Nors said, the Eagles have no depth at either linebacker or corner if there is any injuries.

The two big off-season additions are both risks, one is an injury risk the other has attitude problems.
I think you got our corners mixed up, Sheppard will be great and Brown will be average. Yes I do think that we can get to the championship game with two young corners, Manning Jr...

The linebackers are fine, Simoneau is really good, Jones is about as good as Emmons and Wayne is replaceable. The problem with Wayne is that he didn't learn the system and often looked confused, hopefully that will change this year. Simoneau was the defensive player of the month in Novemeber.

We have no depth at cornerback but we have 1 good backup linebacker, Ike Reese. He is good enough to be a starter but we use him to spell players.

Kearse isn't injury prone, and Owens isn't a problem unless we start losing.

AJM1613

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
So how true are these rumors of Jeremiah Trotter returning to Philly? I know they wanted the fast defender who can stop the outside run with Simoneau but they've missed Trotter.
He wants to come back and Reid said that he would do what is best for the team, I won't know until June.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I think you got our corners mixed up, Sheppard will be great and Brown will be average. Yes I do think that we can get to the championship game with two young corners, Manning Jr...

The linebackers are fine, Simoneau is really good, Jones is about as good as Emmons and Wayne is replaceable. The problem with Wayne is that he didn't learn the system and often looked confused, hopefully that will change this year. Simoneau was the defensive player of the month in Novemeber.

We have no depth at cornerback but we have 1 good backup linebacker, Ike Reese. He is good enough to be a starter but we use him to spell players.

Kearse isn't injury prone, and Owens isn't a problem unless we start losing.

There you go again.

TO is about TO, he wants CATCHES, he will be a problem anytime he does not get the ball enough.

Kearse has missed 16 games the past two seasons, it does not matter if he did not miss a game the 3 years before that, he has BECOME injury prone.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
You don't even have the best safeties in the DIVISION. ;)
Yes we do...

Dawkins is better than Williams and Lewis is better than Woodson, at this point of his career.

Any questions???

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Yes we do...

Dawkins is better than Williams and Lewis is better than Woodson, at this point of his career.

Any questions???

Dawkins is not better than Williams and Lewis is not better than Woodson.

The only question is are you the biggest homer that ever lived?

p.s. I looked up the stats for the past two years too, and they back me up.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
There you go again.

TO is about TO, he wants CATCHES, he will be a problem anytime he does not get the ball enough.

Kearse has missed 16 games the past two seasons, it does not matter if he did not miss a game the 3 years before that, he has BECOME injury prone.
He got hurt once, missed 14 games, and then was hurt again, a completly different injury. How is that injury prone?

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He got hurt once, missed 14 games, and then was hurt again, a completly different injury. How is that injury prone?

Two injuries in two CONSECUTIVE years and he missed half the games played over that time. How is that NOT injury prone?

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Two injuries in two CONSECUTIVE years and he missed half the games played over that time. How is that NOT injury prone?
Because he played 48 straight games his first 3 years, two unlucky instances.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Dawkins is not better than Williams and Lewis is not better than Woodson.

The only question is are you the biggest homer that ever lived?

p.s. I looked up the stats for the past two years too, and they back me up.
Its hard to put up stats from the bench...Lewis didn't play much his rookie year and Dawkins was hurt last year.

BTW Stats don't mean much for safeties.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Its hard to put up stats from the bench...Lewis didn't play much his rookie year and Dawkins was hurt last year.

BTW Stats don't mean much for safeties.

The past two years W&W played 57 games for Dallas, D&L played 53 games.
W&W have more tackles per game, more INT per game, mor PD per game, and more FUM REC per game.

I'd also bet if you polled receivers who'd they least like to get hit by over the middle, W&W would win in a landslide.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Because he played 48 straight games his first 3 years, two unlucky instances.

It still comes down to him missing half the games played, is it just bad luck, or the beginning of a trend?

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
The past two years W&W played 57 games for Dallas, D&L played 53 games.
W&W have more tackles per game, more INT per game, mor PD per game, and more FUM REC per game.

I'd also bet if you polled receivers who'd they least like to get hit by over the middle, W&W would win in a landslide.
That is so wrong, I want you to take 10 games out of the 53 that Dawkins and Lewis played because Lewis didn't start, and it is kind of hard to put up numbers from the bench. Last year Dawkins played hurt all year and Barely played the 7 games he started. He had 6 tackles (and 3 ast) game one, his only injury free game. Even injured you saw how he played vs Green Bay. It is unfair.

Try to factor this in next time you throw out stats.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
It still comes down to him missing half the games played, is it just bad luck, or the beginning of a trend?
Bad luck...Just wait and see.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
That is so wrong, I want you to take 10 games out of the 53 that Dawkins and Lewis played because Lewis didn't start, and it is kind of hard to put up numbers from the bench. Last year Dawkins played hurt all year and Barely played the 7 games he started. He had 6 tackles (and 3 ast) game one, his only injury free game. Even injured you saw how he played vs Green Bay. It is unfair.

Try to factor this in next time you throw out stats.

Oh, I see you WANT me to change the games they played, to prove you right?

Lewis PLAYED in 14 games in 2002 and 16 games in 2003 that is 30 games.

Dawkins played in 16 games in 2002 and 7 games in 2003 that is 23 games.

30+23=53.

Roy played hurt last year, too but I'm not making excuses. Woodson missed games in 2002, but I'm not making excuses.

You made a complete homer statement. You got called on it, and now you want adjustments. Please.

Try on that fear factor then, there is no way that receivers fear going over the middle against D&L as much as they do W&W.

This is not EVEN CLOSE.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Oh, I see you WANT me to change the games they played, to prove you right?

Lewis PLAYED in 14 games in 2002 and 16 games in 2003 that is 30 games.

Dawkins played in 16 games in 2002 and 7 games in 2003 that is 23 games.

30+23=53.

Roy played hurt last year, too but I'm not making excuses. Woodson missed games in 2002, but I'm not making excuses.

You made a complete homer statement. You got called on it, and now you want adjustments. Please.

Try on that fear factor then, there is no way that receivers fear going over the middle against D&L as much as they do W&W.

This is not EVEN CLOSE.
No...LEWIS DIDN'T START IN 2002! He played but he wasn't the starter. Those games shouldn't be included.

Read the sig, then tell me who the best safety in the league is, trust your fellow Cowboy.

If you want to say that Lewis and Woodson are equal I will agree with you on that, because it was close last year.

Recap:

Dawkins>Williams
Lewis=Woodson.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:

So you don't think that your statement is homeristic? What a joke. Dawkins is well known as the best safety in the league, Reed is second and Williams is third.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
So you don't think that your statement is homeristic? What a joke. Dawkins is well known as the best safety in the league, Reed is second and Williams is third.

Okay, let's look.

Dawkins 110 games played he has avgeraged.

4.63 T/G, .095 sacks/G, .19 INT/G, .027 TD/G, .66 PD/G, .09 FUM R/G, .15 FF/G

Williams 32 games played he has averaged.

5.34 T/G, .13 S/G, .22 INT/G, .06 TD/G, .28 PD/G, .13 FR/G, .16 FF/G

Now I'm sure you will again tell me that stats don't matter, but it is clear that Williams has better numbers at everything but passes defensed.

Woodson's career numbers are not to far behind Dawkins either.

Add in that Williams is entering his prime, while Dawkins is entering the end of his years.

Again, this is not even close.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Okay, let's look.

Dawkins 110 games played he has avgeraged.

4.63 T/G, .095 sacks/G, .19 INT/G, .027 TD/G, .66 PD/G, .09 FUM R/G, .15 FF/G

Williams 32 games played he has averaged.

5.34 T/G, .13 S/G, .22 INT/G, .06 TD/G, .28 PD/G, .13 FR/G, .16 FF/G

Now I'm sure you will again tell me that stats don't matter, but it is clear that Williams has better numbers at everything but passes defensed.

Woodson's career numbers are not to far behind Dawkins either.

Add in that Williams is entering his prime, while Dawkins is entering the end of his years.

Again, this is not even close.
STATS DON'T MATTER

Read the sig, I think he would know what makes a good safety, he was a very good one.

Williams is slower than Dawkins, and he misses A LOT of tackles, Dawkins never does. Dawkins catches HBs from behind, Williams gets burned.

Dawkins covers better than Williams and they both blitz equally as well.

Williams is the harder hitter (he should be he weighs 245 lbs and Dawkins weighs 205) but Dawkins is a hard hitter as well, second hardest in the league. Pound for pound...

Also Dawkins is in his prime, from 1999-2006 is his prime, before 99 he was in a bad defensive scheme (for safeties) and wasn't used to his capabilities.

Neither one of them are that good of interceptors, the best safeties at that would have to be Sharper or Parrish.

Reed is the best cover safety, Dawkins is second.

Status
Not open for further replies.