Breathe it in, savor this moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How low this once proud organization has declined based on your opinion.
What are you going to do, live in the past of the 70's and 90's Cowboys? What good can that possible do but to create frustration?

Like it or not, that is who we are now and some just don't like it. We have not been beyond the divisional round in 25 years but we sure as hell can't get there if we are not in the playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
remember fans giving holding a hard time about being ran over by Vita vea well Kelse held and still got ran over and hes one of the best C in the Legue. he on his 2nd holding call, wonder why? Vea is beast thats why,,

Batman1980

Reaction score
Forget the predictions and even the outcome. Just stop and think about how fortunate we are.

There are fans of 18 other teams that will not get what we are going to get this afternoon and we've been on that other side of this. Remember that feeling of your team not being in the tournament?

There are fans of 2 other teams that have already left but they were here. Even if NE stumbled hard last night, they were here and they were not last year.

We get an 18th game that 18 other teams do not get.

I hope the Cowboys win but this has been a great ride so far this year and few anticipated a 12-5 season and a more than convincing sweep of the East.

And about that Philly game, the Cowboys couldn't control who they played but they put on a show for Cowboys fans that hate the Eagles to make a magical season more magical.

As fans, we have not been here enough since the 90's to take this for granted so I hope each and every one of you really do just take this in and enjoy this moment. Enjoyable moments are not as plentiful as they used to be so we need to be aware when one of those is upon us and just breathe that in and hold it a little longer than usual and let it out slowly.

Feels good, doesn't it?

giphy.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Forget the predictions and even the outcome. Just stop and think about how fortunate we are.

There are fans of 18 other teams that will not get what we are going to get this afternoon and we've been on that other side of this. Remember that feeling of your team not being in the tournament?

There are fans of 2 other teams that have already left but they were here. Even if NE stumbled hard last night, they were here and they were not last year.

I hope the Cowboys win but this has been a great ride so far this year and few anticipated a 12-5 season and a more than convincing sweep of the East.

And about that Philly game, the Cowboys couldn't control who they played but they put on a show for Cowboys fans that hate the Eagles to make a magical season more magical.

As fans, we have not been here enough since the 90's to take this for granted so I hope each and every one of you really do just take this in and enjoy this moment. Enjoyable moments are not as plentiful as they used to be so we need to be aware when one of those is upon us and just breathe that in and hold it a little longer than usual and let it out slowly.

Feels good, doesn't it?

Not for me. Unless we win this game, its all for naught. I would rather actually miss the playoffs then get beat in the first round.

75boyz

Reaction score
Not for me. Unless we win this game, its all for naught. I would rather actually miss the playoffs then get beat in the first round.

One of them, wow I don't agree with ya all the time dude moments but when I do, I got enough sack to admit when I do.

And I agree. "Just getting to another one and done" accomplishes absolutely nothing for me.

Heck, I think somebody already said it, I'd prefer the higher draft pick, lol

jmo

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I’ve been saying I just don’t want to be embarrassed. If the Cowboys lose, I just hope they put up a real fight, unlike Philly and NE.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I'm not sure I can root and savor at the same time. It's kinda like trying to sneeze while you're peeing.

Verdict

Reaction score

Feels good, doesn't it?

There are two sides of this coin:

1. I agree that we need to savor this moment as it doesn’t happen nearly often enough. I don’t know how many home games we have had at ATT since it’s opening, but it hasn’t been that many. Getting in the playoffs is a good thing, but playing at home in the playoffs is even more rare.

2. The flip side of this coin is that this team should go out and beat the brakes off of the 49ers. If we can’t beat the 49ers how can we expect to beat Tampa Bay and GB on the road? (I know if we lose we are eliminated but it’s a barometer about where we are as a team).

I am expecting a win today. Anything less is a complete failure and the team needs to do some serious self scouting and analysis if we lose this game.

75boyz

Reaction score
There are two sides of this coin:

1. I agree that we need to savor this moment as it doesn’t happen nearly often enough. I don’t know how many home games we have had at ATT since it’s opening, but it hasn’t been that many. Getting in the playoffs is a good thing, but playing at home in the playoffs is even more rare.

2. The flip side of this coin is that this team should go out and beat the brakes off of the 49ers. If we can’t beat the 49ers how can we expect to beat Tampa Bay and GB on the road? (I know if we lose we are eliminated but it’s a barometer about where we are as a team).

I am expecting a win today. Anything less is a complete failure and the team needs to do some serious self scouting and analysis if we lose this game.

Very well written summary describing my opinion as well.
Nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.