Breer: Cards may have to settle for a Brandin Cooks-type trade for Hop

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wish we waited and did this for hop instead of cooks
27.5 million this year. Unless he take a HUGE pay cut (which he wont) that would be very hard to pull off

Cook didn't take a pay cut but his team agreed to eat 8 of his 20 million. Even if the Cards did that (which I doubt), we are talking nearly 20 mil hit for Hopkins this year. Maybe redo his deal but thats risky

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
27.5 million this year. Unless he take a HUGE pay cut (which he wont) that would be very hard to pull off

Cook didn't take a pay cut but his team agreed to eat 8 of his 20 million. Even if the Cards did that (which I doubt), we are talking nearly 20 mil hit for Hopkins this year. Maybe redo his deal but thats risky
It's already been reported he's willing to give the Cowboys cap relief on his contract. So his current cap hit means nothing.

Ken

Reaction score
Will be interesting if Cowboys get back in the mix for Hopkins or Wagner.
They are not. I don't know why everyone sets themselves up for disappointment with this....

We JUST redid Gallup's contract. IF we cut or move him it is 16 mill. We are not doing that.

SMALL chance we get OBJ on a 1 yr 5 mill but that is not happening either.

SMALL chance we get Wags but i don't see it after we gave LVE 7 mill a year.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Gallup (and expect him to bounce back this year), but I would ship him over to Phoenix in a heartbeat to get DHop in Dallas.

Do eeeeeeet Jerry!! :grin:

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's already been reported he's willing to give the Cowboys cap relief on his contract. So his current cap hit means nothing.
Depends on what "relief" means.
7 million in "releif" still means a 20 million cap hit.
That was all I was saying

rambo2

Reaction score
They are not. I don't know why everyone sets themselves up for disappointment with this....

We JUST redid Gallup's contract. IF we cut or move him it is 16 mill. We are not doing that.

SMALL chance we get OBJ on a 1 yr 5 mill but that is not happening either.

SMALL chance we get Wags but i don't see it after we gave LVE 7 mill a year.
I would not be disappointed at all. I am totally thrilled at what they have already done.

Reactions: Ken

Loso86

Reaction score
I wanted Dhop too, but Cooks fits better here. We hVe our Dhop in Lamb. Hopkins is an older version of him

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I wanted Hopkins over cooks- still would but I can’t now call the cooks trade a bad one at all. It made us better and addressed a need. I applaud the front office for making the deal as opposed to other years. No way they are going to Hopkins AND cooks so let’s not even believe that dream.
I agree that it isnt happening, but if you could get him for a 4th AND Hopkins did say he would redo some money to make a deal happen, dont you, at the minimum, need to make a call to the cards and have your money guys start trying to make some money work??????Th thought of Cooks, Lamb AND HOPKINS.... that is EASILY the best WR corps in the game.... and dont we always talk about going "All In?" well this would be the definition of "All in."

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm nervous about our TE situation.
Let Shultz walk; added no one. Even a rookie in the draft is no guarantee to fill that void in his first year.
I'm hoping maybe Mike's offense is more about the TE's blocking than Moore's was.

Ken

Reaction score
Let Shultz walk; added no one. Even a rookie in the draft is no guarantee to fill that void in his first year.
I'm hoping maybe Mike's offense is more about the TE's blocking than Moore's was.
Unlike relying on Tolbert from the draft, they had a full year with Ferg and Hendershot. They have a really good idea what they have there. I would expect a more veteran player to also be brought in and someone drafted as well.

conner01

Reaction score
We dropped TE targets last year so I think that actually goes up
I think they feel Ferguson, Hendershot and McKeon can get the job done and I expect a TE in the draft. Depending on how things shake out with the first 25 picks, 26 could be a TE.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

BTW.......looks like Dez nailed it

MAKE IT HAPPEN JERRY.

A starting 3 of DHop, Ceedee, and Cooks with Gallup as your #4 is hands down the best WR group in the league.

It will be hard to feed them all, but that is a good problem to have. This is the year to push the chips in. Dallas is always a move or two short and now is not the time to get gun shy.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Gallup (and expect him to bounce back this year), but I would ship him over to Phoenix in a heartbeat to get DHop in Dallas.

Do eeeeeeet Jerry!! :grin:
See above for the contractual reasons this is almost impossible.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I agree that it isnt happening, but if you could get him for a 4th AND Hopkins did say he would redo some money to make a deal happen, dont you, at the minimum, need to make a call to the cards and have your money guys start trying to make some money work??????Th thought of Cooks, Lamb AND HOPKINS.... that is EASILY the best WR corps in the game.... and dont we always talk about going "All In?" well this would be the definition of "All in."
If we’re playing Madden, imagine what it would be like if we added Tyreek Hill! And maybe Jefferson too!