Twitter: Breer's MMQB. packed with lots good nuggets

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMHO, Brady’s in the “Cowboys Club” now. The league will infuse him wherever they can for rating$. People sick of him LOVE to watch him lose, which equals ratings, PLUS it elevates the interest in/earning potential of future GOAT’s (Mahomes)!
I have less interest in this game than any I can recall. I just don't care and the hype is boring. I don't care for the teams. Those conference playoff games were just flat out boring to me and I wanted Arrogant Rodgers to lose and even that failed to fire me up.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think they go into something like this with eyes wide open. They know there is a price to pay but if it works, it's a small price.

I don't think Lurie would change anything, because that ring's the thing.

By that thinking Jerry Jones is the greatest owner in professional sports because he brought 3 rings in short order.
We just have to ignore the last 25 years to buy that.

Philly is in a bad way and really had no reason to be.
They robbed Wentz of any shot because they added high paid/older/often injury prone vets and traded off draft picks around him.
Now be it Wentz or Hurts they are in a bad, bad way and it is of their own doing.

There's no way of knowing but they likely could have won a title over the pat 3 years anyway; without the crazy bad the second you complete them moves.
Philly had a soft division, good coaching, good players.
They've turned over the coaching staff, aged/priced out of a lot of the players and have a GM that has no idea how to build via the draft.
The Eagles job was one of the least appealing on the market.
Rings do not keep you warm at night beyond that 12 months you get to be champ.
After that you are a has been which beats being a never was but not by all that much.

No one else would hire Howie Roseman but that coach? He'll have a job within 12 months for sure.

ESisback

Reaction score
I have less interest in this game than any I can recall. I just don't care and the hype is boring. I don't care for the teams. Those conference playoff games were just flat out boring to me and I wanted Arrogant Rodgers to lose and even that failed to fire me up.

Let’s start our own site! Boredoldfarts.com!

ESisback

Reaction score
Cynicalseniors.com
Immunetohype.com
Boredwithblather.com

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Also the fact that LA's first round picks will be late 20's at best the next few years. This isn't a team giving up multiple high first rounders.
Maybe. Everyone, including myself, thought we’d be picking very late in the upcoming draft. There are always many variables at play. Injuries, chemistry, luck, etc. Plus, the Rams play in a very good division. They could have a good year and still miss the playoffs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL...WFT made a strong offer for Stafford.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/01/m...-stafford-trade-negotiations-los-angeles-rams

MMQB: Inside the Trade Negotiations That Gave Matthew Stafford and Sean McVay What They Wanted
The first big offseason domino fell on the eve of an unusual Super Bowl week. Here's how Matthew Stafford landed in L.A. and why he and his new coach are excited about it. Plus, Ron Rivera's important benchmark, the Senior Bowl and getting to know Arthur Smith.
ALBERT BREER
7 HOURS AGO

All the QB challenged fans are going to find out just how good Stafford really is. And for all those QB challenged fans that said how great Goff was are going to find out that he isnt.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Feel free to trust McVay all you want. I don't.
There's zero to suggest this actually works and quite a lot to suggest this was a tragically bad trade.

Going zero sum to chase a title is goofy if you don't have the best cards to play. And LAR doesn't.
They have significant holes to fill in the toughest division in football.

Matt Stafford hasn't won anything of note since Highland Park.

Maybe you just dont know a good QB when you see one. Stafford is a great QB and QB challenged fans like you will find that out. They have great passing weapons, a talented young QB and a good run game and the best defense in the NFL. Rams arent going anywhere. Goff was actually a big problem for them.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I want no part of D. Watson in the division. So I hope the WFT looks elsewhere to solve their OQ problem. The fans I talk to are hoping to sign Dak. :facepalm:
Me either.

I don’t think we’d win our division with him in Washington until he retires :facepalm:

blueblood70

Reaction score
No chance. The draft capital is too much. They would lose two defensive starters and high draft picks to replace them.
i hope they do it, our fans are scared, i rather them have better offense and weakened D and draft picks dry up, that favors us in the long run..do it , do it..someone dare snider :)

as good as Watson is he shows he needs very good team to win so how does giving up all that draft capital and defenders do for WFT as team?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I want no part of D. Watson in the division. So I hope the WFT looks elsewhere to solve their OQ problem. The fans I talk to are hoping to sign Dak. :facepalm:
I want no part of Chase Young in the division, WFT will continue lose with any QB.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think they go into something like this with eyes wide open. They know there is a price to pay but if it works, it's a small price.

I don't think Lurie would change anything, because that ring's the thing.
you're on fire today!! :yourock: