News: Breer's MMQB, Trevor Lawrence is coming alive

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We better come ready to play........

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/12/12/2022-nfl-week-14-ten-takeaways-purdy-mmqb

Trevor Lawrence is coming alive. The Jaguars’ second-year quarterback was 30-of-42 for 368 yards, three touchdowns and a 121.9 rating in Sunday’s breezy 36–22 win over the Titans—but it was more than just the numbers that jumped out in this one.

To me, Lawrence is starting to look as comfortable, and deadly a passer, and dangerous a runner, as he did at Clemson. And that means it sure looks like he’s put a rookie year in which all hell was breaking loose around him in the rear-view mirror, thanks in large part to coach Doug Pederson and his staff stabilizing the environment around him.

“Especially as a rookie, certain situations, there’s only so much you can control,” Lawrence told me postgame. “There were definitely some challenges that we faced here, and I learned a lot. I wouldn’t change it. I really learned a lot about myself, just kinda having to battle through a little adversity. Wouldn’t take it back, but I think just the way the staff’s come in and really started from the ground up, with myself, definitely, but everyone has been great.

Carson

Reaction score
I wonder how much laughter they will have watching film on Bossman

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I've never seen a CB not play the ball on a Hail Mary. Or even look back for the ball.
200w.gif

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Lawrence is the real deal.

I don't think his offense is a huge test for the Dallas D, because the pieces around him are pretty weak, but he is a legit franchise-changing QB.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Do we jump off the bridge if Dak gets outplayed by Lawrence?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dude has been one of the best QBs in football the last 6 weeks or so.

Gonna need that push rush to show up and have a much better game than what we just saw. They can help mask the injuries at CB.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We better come ready to play........

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/12/12/2022-nfl-week-14-ten-takeaways-purdy-mmqb

Trevor Lawrence is coming alive. The Jaguars’ second-year quarterback was 30-of-42 for 368 yards, three touchdowns and a 121.9 rating in Sunday’s breezy 36–22 win over the Titans—but it was more than just the numbers that jumped out in this one.

To me, Lawrence is starting to look as comfortable, and deadly a passer, and dangerous a runner, as he did at Clemson. And that means it sure looks like he’s put a rookie year in which all hell was breaking loose around him in the rear-view mirror, thanks in large part to coach Doug Pederson and his staff stabilizing the environment around him.

“Especially as a rookie, certain situations, there’s only so much you can control,” Lawrence told me postgame. “There were definitely some challenges that we faced here, and I learned a lot. I wouldn’t change it. I really learned a lot about myself, just kinda having to battle through a little adversity. Wouldn’t take it back, but I think just the way the staff’s come in and really started from the ground up, with myself, definitely, but everyone has been great.
Thought Jax was the toughest of the 3 game stretch, gave the entire division problems, got to play a solid game to beat them.