Brees vs Romo

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
anyone ever notice how Brees gets all this love from the media as if he is the greatest QB in the world ...he is good i dont question that but they all act like he is Jesus in shoulder pads......but doesnt he have the same downfalls as Romo and Brees has much more experience.........they both throw ints.....and Brees hasnt won any big games yet either .but you never hear about him negativly ...why is this....just cause Romo is Cowboy ..? is that it?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
dadymat;2482959 said:
why is this....just cause Romo is Cowboy ..? is that it?

*nods head*

And because Tony is more of a celebrity than Drew Brees.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm sure New Orleans fans wish Brees got as much attention as Romo gets.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
because brees has the worst running game and has the worst wr's in the league yet still puts up numbers. he's the only qb i would take over romo(factoring in age). i see 45+ td's per season with him on our team.

Batman

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2482989 said:
because brees has no running game and has no wr's yet still puts up numbers. he may be the only qb i would take over romo(factoring in age).

The numbers that Brees would put up in Big D would be stunning. T.O., Roy Williams, Witten. He would have no problems putting up 5,000+ yards and 45 or more TD passes.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Batman;2482993 said:
The numbers that Brees would put up in Big D would be stunning. T.O., Roy Williams, Witten. He would have no problems putting up 5,000+ yards and 45 or more TD passes.

yep. it would be amazing.

Boysboy

Reaction score
That's b/c of the timing factor...

Brees signed as an UFA to a team who's city got hit badly by mother nature, who hired a rookie coach, and to boot it was a mess that was hard to fix, only to...

Pull out a magical season and giving the disaster-stricken city hope. Yeah-they haven't had the same success as that '06 season, but it was one memorable season for them, and Brees was a big part of it.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
I agree with yall.....im just wondering why Romo throws 3 tds 350 yards and 2 Ints..hes careless, undisciplined, never win the big game.......Brees does it and no one talks about the picks......just the yards and TDs

zeroburrito

Reaction score
dadymat;2482999 said:
I agree with yall.....im just wondering why Romo throws 3 tds 350 yards and 2 Ints..hes careless, undisciplined, never win the big game.......Brees does it and no one talks about the picks......just the yards and TDs

because of the teams surrounding them. brees has NOBODY.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2483003 said:
because of the teams surrounding them. brees has NOBODY.

thats just ridiculous
Colston.....Shockey....Bush = SOMEBODY

dmoore

Reaction score
I don't know about Brees, but it may be how Romo throws his picks. He simply takes risks that aren't needed. He'll win us games, but he'll also single-handedly lose us games (see last Sunday). I don't have as much confidence in him any more. I still love the guy and I'm glad he's our QB, but I get nervous when he's out there forcing stuff. The INTs really are getting to be inexcusable.

Romo gets the criticism because he's the Cowboys QB. Its a privileged position, but it also comes with increased scrutiny. At least he seems to be able to handle it well.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
dadymat;2483008 said:
thats just ridiculous

435 yards(been injured, even more impressive for brees), 454 yards(same thing), second best rb on his team(also been injured). brees is a maniac. teams KNOW hes going to pass 95% of the time, yet he still puts up ridiculous numbers. just amazing.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
dadymat;2483008 said:
thats just ridiculous
dont forget lance mooore and a very underrated back in pierre thomas

that offense is loaded. henderson is also a solid wide reciever and mecheman has a lot of potential

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2483016 said:
435 yards(been injured, even more impressive for brees), 454 yards(same thing), second best rb on his team(also been injured). brees is a maniac.

you cant deny he has legit weapons..their numbers are low because of injuries and games missed.......Romo has had those same problems including being injured himself

zeroburrito

Reaction score
dadymat;2483033 said:
you cant deny he has legit weapons..their numbers are low because of injuries and games missed.......Romo has had those same problems including being injured himself

just imagine him with TO, williams and witten. oh my god. top 2 wr, top 1 te and a top 10 wr.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
dmoore;2483014 said:
I don't know about Brees, but it may be how Romo throws his picks. He simply takes risks that aren't needed. He'll win us games, but he'll also single-handedly lose us games (see last Sunday). I don't have as much confidence in him any more. I still love the guy and I'm glad he's our QB, but I get nervous when he's out there forcing stuff. The INTs really are getting to be inexcusable.

Romo gets the criticism because he's the Cowboys QB. Its a privileged position, but it also comes with increased scrutiny. At least he seems to be able to handle it well.

Brees throws bad picks as well and fumbles just as much......and he is directly responsible for 5 multiple int games that they lost this season alone...yet he gets mentioned for MVP