Brees vs Romo

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
It's all about play-calling. Sean Payton has a better passing play call ability than does Jason Garrett.

If the Saints could get a top notch DC they would be in business IMO. And some better CBs.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2483039 said:
just imagine him with TO, williams and witten. oh my god. top 2 wr, top 1 te and a top 10 wr.

once again ....im not dissing Brees hes my top 3 or 4 in the league.....i just have questions about the double standard between the 2

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2483051 said:
the defense has been dominant the past few games. absolutely dominant.

oh are we just talkin about the last 2 weeks?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
im talkin about the last 3 seasons...not just 6 weeks ago....

zeroburrito

Reaction score
dadymat;2483063 said:
im talkin about the last 3 seasons...not just 6 weeks ago....

the defense was above average last year. the defense is always above average, except the last few weeks this year.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
crazytown41;2483097 said:
Sorry guys, but right now, I'd rather have Brees than Romo.

most people would. this isn't a knock on romo, brees is just very, very good.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If Romo had as many attempts as Brees or Warner, nobody would even bother with either of them. Romo would have a lot more yards than they do, and a lot more TDs.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2482989 said:
because brees has the worst running game and has the worst wr's in the league yet still puts up numbers. he's the only qb i would take over romo(factoring in age). i see 45+ td's per season with him on our team.

Colston and Shockey are lousy? Reggie Bush is lousy?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2483098 said:
most people would. this isn't a knock on romo, brees is just very, very good.
Must be nice knowing what most people want, what school of psychics did you go to?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2483378 said:
But they have the all world lb Scott Shanle

/sarcasm

You cannot stop the Shanle, you can only hope to contain him.

thewireman

Reaction score
When Brees was let go by the Chargers I was hoping the Cowboys would pick him up, but that never happened. I still wish they would have.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
dadymat;2482959 said:
anyone ever notice how Brees gets all this love from the media as if he is the greatest QB in the world ...he is good i dont question that but they all act like he is Jesus in shoulder pads......but doesnt he have the same downfalls as Romo and Brees has much more experience.........they both throw ints.....and Brees hasnt won any big games yet either .but you never hear about him negativly ...why is this....just cause Romo is Cowboy ..? is that it?

Brees has won playoff games. Had Romo won even one of his two, I am fairly certain it not would be as easy to brand him a playoff loser.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dadymat;2482959 said:
anyone ever notice how Brees gets all this love from the media as if he is the greatest QB in the world ...he is good i dont question that but they all act like he is Jesus in shoulder pads......but doesnt he have the same downfalls as Romo and Brees has much more experience.........they both throw ints.....and Brees hasnt won any big games yet either .but you never hear about him negativly ...why is this....just cause Romo is Cowboy ..? is that it?

I would say a big part of it is also the weapons that Tony has to work with in comparison to what Brees is throwing to.

I'm sure many media people, and fans of the Saints, wonder what kind of numbers Brees could put up if he had the weapons that we have here around Tony.

I'm pretty sure that is part of the reason that Tony eat so much stuff from the media.