Twitter: Brian Baldinger: Tony Pollard is the Cowboys best RB

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
People can argue whether he's a bell cow or whether he's good in protection but there's no denying, the guy provides juice. I love to watch him with the ball in his hands, he definitely has the speed and a little more pop than people might expect, I've seen him break a tackle or two. I'm glad we have him in our backfield.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
People can argue whether he's a bell cow or whether he's good in protection but there's no denying, the guy provides juice. I love to watch him with the ball in his hands, he definitely has the speed and a little more pop than people might expect, I've seen him break a tackle or two. I'm glad we have him in our backfield.

We don’t need a bell cow. We just need a productive runner.

The more he runs the better Dak is going to be.

Teams right now are not worried about Zeke and it’s hurting Dak Prescott.

BTW, the reason you’ve seen him break a tackle or 2 is because he’s an elite yards after contact runner.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We don’t need a bell cow. We just need a productive runner.

The more he runs the better Dak is going to be.

Teams right now are not worried about Zeke and it’s hurting Dak Prescott.

BTW, the reason you’ve seen him break a tackle or 2 is because he’s an elite yards after contact runner.
He left some meat on the bone vs. NY. Might be because he's injured.

plymkr

Reaction score
He is right now. When both are healthy, it's a great one-two punch ... and I don't care who throws the most punches, just who's the most effective.
Right, I don't care who throws the most punches as long as they knock out the defense. What's cool about this situation and the chemistry of this team is I don't think Zeke or Tony care either as long as we win. That speaks volumes to the team, those 2 guys and the locker room.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is still not taking over Zeke’s spot.

This is Hambrick vs Emmitt all over again. With Pollard being so much better though than Hambrick.

:popcorn:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That’s cool and all but zeke is still here this year and next. Enjoy the fact we have both and hopefully they are both healthy for the post season. If so we have a really good chance at making a run.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Few things on Baldy’s breakdown.

1. The clip highlighting Schultz’s nice block is what is maddening about. In the 2nd quarter there was a run play to the left near our goal line. The Cowboys had it blocked up well with nothing but daylight for at least 5-6 yards. All Schultz had to do was maintain his block on the rookie Ojulari. Instead, Ojulari flings Schultz off, sheds him and makes the tackle.
  2. On the last clip with Pollard taking it outside to the right….Zeke doesn’t make that play even when healthy. He would have gotten chased down on the backside.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Right now, RonaldT24 is crafting a 3,000 word screed of hot air defending Zeke.

You would think the people who Pom Pom and defend everything Dak does would be begging for more Pollard because once we finally start running all over teams and they have to change coverages then Dak is going to start flinging the football again.

Instead we’re just wasting plays Zeke.