Twitter: Brian Baldinger: Tony Pollard is the Cowboys best RB

CWR

Reaction score
People can argue whether he's a bell cow or whether he's good in protection but there's no denying, the guy provides juice. I love to watch him with the ball in his hands, he definitely has the speed and a little more pop than people might expect, I've seen him break a tackle or two. I'm glad we have him in our backfield.

It's gotten to the point losing him next season would be a big blow. He's a difference maker when he's out there. How you find a way to pay him and at what number is far beyond me.

Sydla

Reaction score
Few things on Baldy’s breakdown.

1. The clip highlighting Schultz’s nice block is what is maddening about. In the 2nd quarter there was a run play to the left near our goal line. The Cowboys had it blocked up well with nothing but daylight for at least 5-6 yards. All Schultz had to do was maintain his block on the rookie Ojulari. Instead, Ojulari flings Schultz off, sheds him and makes the tackle.
  2. On the last clip with Pollard taking it outside to the right….Zeke doesn’t make that play even when healthy. He would have gotten chased down on the backside.

People should turn on ESPN right now and watch Cook and then try to argue that Zeke is anything like that.

CWR

Reaction score
That’s cool and all but zeke is still here this year and next. Enjoy the fact we have both and hopefully they are both healthy for the post season. If so we have a really good chance at making a run.

No! You can only be a fan of one RB. Also I think there's some type of rule on whether you can like Dak and Zeke at the same time. Not sure on Coop and CD.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's gotten to the point losing him next season would be a big blow. He's a difference maker when he's out there. How you find a way to pay him and at what number is far beyond me.

I think the problem will be money.

Regardless of what people on here saying things about carrying the load or whatever other weird thing they use to validate starting a lesser player the NFL is not going to view him the same.

He’s going to cost a lot of money.

Everyone in this league is looking for explosive playmakers and he’s that guy.

Reactions: CWR

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You would think the people who Pom Pom and defend everything Dak does would be begging for more Pollard because once we finally start running all over teams and they have to change coverages then Dak is going to start flinging the football again.

Instead we’re just wasting plays Zeke.

I think McCarthy is an absolute dunce in terms of clock and game management, which is effectively what a head coach is responsible for. That said, I give him credit for his part in making personnel decisions. I’ll give him a ton of credit if he sees the light and features Pollard over Zeke.

vlad

Reaction score
Regardless of who ppl think is better it’s always fascinating to me when ppl defend certain players endlessly in spite of evidence and contact vs others.

zeke vs dlaw as a current example.

Sydla

Reaction score
Regardless of who ppl think is better it’s always fascinating to me when ppl defend certain players endlessly in spite of evidence and contact vs others.

zeke vs dlaw as a current example.

Lawrence is a better player right now than Zeke.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I hate to say it but giving Zeke the ball lately is detrimental to the team.

you can’t average 3 ypc. It’s basically wasting downs. It’s hurting the offense because Zeke can’t run. He has no burst.

he looked a bit better this past game but if he doesn’t get any burst back. Yeah. It’s gonna hurt us in the playoffs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think McCarthy is an absolute dunce in terms of clock and game management, which is effectively what a head coach is responsible for. That said, I give him credit for his part in making personnel decisions. I’ll give him a ton of credit if he sees the light and features Pollard over Zeke.

I was listening to 105.3 earlier and Broaddus says he thinks Pollard is about to start a game soon.

I think people are seeing what I said a few weeks back about how Pollard is better to start drives and get momentum with.

I personally don’t think the Cowboys would ever do this.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I’m all for giving Pollard more touches. Wish they would play them together more but I think Zeke needs to sit a game and rest. We never scored a TD on the drives Pollard started yesterday but that’s not his fault.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Pollard is playing on one foot.

Not really. While Elliott's injury took away strength and stability, Pollard's is all about pain. I admire him from playing with plantar fasciitis, but other players like Cooper do too and it doesn't really affect their ability to use their legs.

My wife suffers from it and I don't envy anyone who has to run and cut with the pain that it causes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m all for giving Pollard more touches. Wish they would play them together more but I think Zeke needs to sit a game and rest. We never scored a TD on the drives Pollard started yesterday but that’s not his fault.

Because Pollard would get drives going and then Zeke would come hobbling onto the field.

Pollard being productive was not a problem at all.

Proof

Reaction score
No! You can only be a fan of one RB. Also I think there's some type of rule on whether you can like Dak and Zeke at the same time. Not sure on Coop and CD.

aka the cowboy roy rule. also no offense to pollard, because he’s been awesome, but that video seemed like a blocking celebration lol.

Reactions: CWR

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Pollard is the perfect change of pace guy. There is no way he is a 20 carry a game guy. He would last 2 years like that. As a pass catcher and 10/12 carry guy he is perfect. Very quick with lots of wiggle. He has been great for the Cowboys.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't care who starts or if only one RB plays, we need to start forcing defenses to respect the run. People that get combative and only route for certain players and not the team are silly to me.
Pollard had some nice runs and Elliott did and punched one in.

zeke21

Reaction score
I think it is hard because they are different backs and work well together. I think it is hard when Zeke is playing on one leg. What I did love was them 1-2 during that run for the first half of the season.. unstoppable combination out of the backfield.

Still believe that Moore doesn't know how to scheme or call a run game and that hurts both our RBs.

From what we have seen and what we are told.. it seems they both get along and actually enjoying working together.. so I don't see why you wouldn't just ride them both to a SB.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I think it is hard because they are different backs and work well together. I think it is hard when Zeke is playing on one leg. What I did love was them 1-2 during that run for the first half of the season.. unstoppable combination out of the backfield.

Still believe that Moore doesn't know how to scheme or call a run game and that hurts both our RBs.

From what we have seen and what we are told.. it seems they both get along and actually enjoying working together.. so I don't see why you wouldn't just ride them both to a SB.

absolutely, KM has an offense full of talent . he just is bad as an OC -