Brian Billick Anyone?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Just guessing on my part, But if Brian Billick is fired, word here is it's Fifty-Fifty,would you guys like him as a coach?. I remember Jerry tried to hire him before Chan Gailey.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Schefter reported that Art Modell spoke to Billick before the game Sunday and assured him that he was satisfied with the team's progress this year, and that Billick need not be worried about returning next year.

I have no idea how much truth the story holds, but it sure sounded like Schefter has spoken to either Modell or Billick.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
BulletBob;1314736 said:
Schefter reported that Art Modell spoke to Billick before the game Sunday and assured him that he was satisfied with the team's progress this year, and that Billick need not be worried about returning next year.

I have no idea how much truth the story holds, but it sure sounded like Schefter has spoken to either Modell or Billick.

Thought Modell sold the majority of his shares years ago.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Wolfpack;1314820 said:
Thought Modell sold the majority of his shares years ago.

You're probably right. I couldn't think of the owner's name, so a quick google search yielded Modell. It may not have even been the owner - it may have been the GM.

My bad.

:eek::

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'd rather have a defensive coach as our head guy.

Defensive minded coaches are usually better in the NFL.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;1314874 said:
With the talent we have on defense and the proven track record his defenses have, why not?

that's the thing, he's not in charge of the Raven's D, Ozzie Newsome picked the players, and Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan coached them

1 year as a HC, Billick has managed to produce an OK offense, and he's an offensive minded 'genius'

no thanks

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;1314724 said:
Just guessing on my part, But if Brian Billick is fired, word here is it's Fifty-Fifty,would you guys like him as a coach?. I remember Jerry tried to hire him before Chan Gailey.

No thanks the Cowboys already have plenty of offensive problems.:starspin

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1314886 said:
that's the thing, he's not in charge of the Raven's D, Ozzie Newsome picked the players, and Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan coached them

1 year as a HC, Billick has managed to produce an OK offense, and he's an offensive minded 'genius'

no thanks

point taken. We shall move forward to sign Rex Ryan or Dick Labeau as our DC immediately!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1314888 said:

Like finishing 4th in the league in total offense, and 2nd in the league in scoring?

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
CATCH17;1314892 said:
Like finishing 4th in the league in total offense, and 2nd in the league in scoring?

Like 1 touchdown against the Eagles in a game for the NFC east, and one offensive TD in Seattle against a secondary of social workers or whatever their occupation was. Stats are overrated. I ain't goin' back and forth with you today dude, I know you love to argue but I ain't in the mood. Maybe some other day.:D

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;1314891 said:
point taken. We shall move forward to sign Rex Ryan or Dick Labeau as our DC immediately!

Rex Ryan will most likely be interviewing for HC spots, but if Ryan isn't available for a HC spot if BP walks, then I'd love to see what LaBeau could do for this defense if he comes available. He's very well experienced in the 3-4.

CATCH17;1314892 said:

Still need to find that offensive mauler on the O-line... Justin Blalock of UT would fit that bill.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1314888 said:
Come on! Take a look at the lack of talent they have on the offensive side of the ball. Your best player there on offense is who? Jamal Lewis? Steve McNair? Derrick Mason? You tell me he was the problem with that offense. Jonathan Ogden is the best thing the have on offense, that says it all.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
CATCH17;1314892 said:

Some people don't like at acknowledge that we actually have a good offense, just need consistency...oh they dont like common sense either

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;1314924 said:
Come on! Take a look at the lack of talent they have on the offensive side of the ball. Your best player there on offense is who? Jamal Lewis? Steve McNair? Derrick Mason? You tell me he was the problem with that offense. Jonathan Ogden is the best thing the have on offense, that says it all.

That's true but he's had plenty of years there to get some talent and has'nt done it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;1314724 said:

No thanks!

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
the kid 05;1314928 said:
Some people don't like at acknowledge that we actually have a good offense, just need consistency...oh they dont like common sense either

Last time I checked inconsistency is a PROBLEM, and has been for years, how's that for common sense.

DipChit

Reaction score
CATCH17;1314892 said:

More like for one thing not figuring out a way to get TO the ball more than 7 times for 105 yards in the last 3 most important games (NO, Phi, Sea.) combined.