Brian Broudas says..

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
More thinking that Pac could be in trouble. SIAP.

Possible violation of probation could play part in Goodell's decision on Pacman

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: October 14, 2008, 11:13 AM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

More on ESPNEWS

ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton will appear on the Hot List at 4:50 p.m. ET Tuesday to discuss the NFL and the latest on Adam Jones.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's pending decision on disciplinary actions against Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is expected to weigh a potential violation of probation in which Jones was prohibited from alcohol-related incidents, according to league and law enforcement sources.

When Goodell reinstated Jones from suspension before the season opener, sources say one of the commissioner's conditions for Jones to remain an active player was that he remain in compliance with all aspects of his three-year probation from when he pleaded no contest in February to a felony in Fayette County, Ga.

Police reported that Jones might have been drinking when he was involved in a scuffle with a Cowboys-assigned bodyguard late Tuesday night. But Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has refuted many of the allegations and speculation. Even though police were called to the scene, no arrests were made or charges filed.

Adam Jones

Jones

Regardless of the owner's contention that Jones' actions do not merit a suspension, sources say NFL security's independent findings would be most influential in Goodell's ultimate decision on discipline.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello had no comment and maintained that the matter remains under review.

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Slammin Bran 23;2337888 said:
Even if it's a 1 gamer, don't we get picks back or something?

if pacman is suspended even for 1 game we don't have to give the titans ours 6th and we would also get the titans 5th next year.

cwbyfn1957

Reaction score
His take was they got away from the running game because the line was having a problem with the scheme. Personally i think it's a crappy excuse. I thought they played well up to that game.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I hope brian is on gac today. I cant remember what days of the week he is on.

many people around the league have hinted that the coaches here are not a good fit or just not good.

Baldinger said it the week before the season that we had the talent and the players but we dont have the coaching staff to win. It is interesting to hear broaddus say that.

Paul Pasqualoni has to be missed big time too.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
cwbyfn1957;2337903 said:
His take was they got away from the running game because the line was having a problem with the scheme. Personally i think it's a crappy excuse. I thought they played well up to that game.

They've been bailed out a lot by Romo's quick release and escape ability (Bledsoe would have been sacked 9 times on Sunday). But Barber hasn't cracked four yards a carry in the last three weeks, and Cincy, Commanders and Cardinals don't have what I would consider to be dominant defensive fronts by any means.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theebs;2337908 said:
many people around the league have hinted that the coaches here are not a good fit or just not good.
A healthy # of Cowboys' fans on Cowboys Zone have been hinting the same thing for a while now. :(

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
What proof is there that Pacman had been drinking if the popo didn't do a BAC test?

"The police thought he MIGHT have been drinking" ??

That isn't enough to suspend him on.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
juckie;2337925 said:
Yes wonderful now we have 2 rookies starting in the secondary just great.wow.:cool:

it would be, because they are going to be here at least 4 years. They can be relied on.

If this team is about to take a step mentally and everyone is going to grow up its a perfect opportunity to get the two young corners going.

throw pacman out and one of this teams problems are gone.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2337897 said:
More thinking that Pac could be in trouble. SIAP.

Possible violation of probation could play part in Goodell's decision on Pacman

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: October 14, 2008, 11:13 AM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

More on ESPNEWS

ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton will appear on the Hot List at 4:50 p.m. ET Tuesday to discuss the NFL and the latest on Adam Jones.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's pending decision on disciplinary actions against Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is expected to weigh a potential violation of probation in which Jones was prohibited from alcohol-related incidents, according to league and law enforcement sources.

When Goodell reinstated Jones from suspension before the season opener, sources say one of the commissioner's conditions for Jones to remain an active player was that he remain in compliance with all aspects of his three-year probation from when he pleaded no contest in February to a felony in Fayette County, Ga.

Police reported that Jones might have been drinking when he was involved in a scuffle with a Cowboys-assigned bodyguard late Tuesday night. But Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has refuted many of the allegations and speculation. Even though police were called to the scene, no arrests were made or charges filed.

Adam Jones

Jones

Regardless of the owner's contention that Jones' actions do not merit a suspension, sources say NFL security's independent findings would be most influential in Goodell's ultimate decision on discipline.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello had no comment and maintained that the matter remains under review.

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN.

If the NFL finds enough in their independent investigation to warrant suspension after Jerry's ridiculous "horseplay, nothing to see here ... move along" diatribe on Norm on Friday, it makes Jerry look like a liar, a fool or both.

I hope Jerry thinks this guy is well worth it, because PacMan is playing Jerry like a sucker and Jerry has to know it and eat it with a smile on his face.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
juckie;2337925 said:
Yes wonderful now we have 2 rookies starting in the secondary just great.wow.:cool:
Why would we be without Pacman? You've assured us that this is no big deal.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2337932 said:
it would be, because they are going to be here at least 4 years. They can be relied on.

If this team is about to take a step mentally and everyone is going to grow up its a perfect opportunity to get the two young corners going.

throw pacman out and one of this teams problems are gone.

Keep dreaming...:cool:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ajk23az;2337878 said:
Oh my goodness, I think I got it the first 6 times it has been posted...............:cool:
No worries. Now it really is after 11a cst. :D

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2337937 said:
Losing Pacman sure wrecked Tennessee's defense, didn't it?

Cortland Finnegan came out of nowhere and is a GREAT player. It always helps when that kind of thing happens..

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2337937 said:
Losing Pacman sure wrecked Tennessee's defense, didn't it?

That's b/c they picked up Nick Harper in FA to replace him.

Our situation is different-we're in the middle of the season, so guess Jerry should call up Andy Reid and see what he can give up for Lito?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ajk23az;2337943 said:
Cortland Finnegan came out of nowhere and is a GREAT player. It always helps when that kind of thing happens..

Who's to say Mike Jenkins, a first rounder some considered the best corner prospect in the draft, can't be as good as him?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
ajk23az;2337943 said:
Good organizations find players like that.

We did with Romo. Of course, Purcells, Peyton, and Ireland were here then.