Brice > Dez?

John813

Reaction score
Stop spewing nonsense - our offense actually got BETTER as the year went on last year.

You can tell the posters who watch ESPN and treat it like the Gospel. Tantrums. Good Lord.
Probably thought Romo was a choker too.

We did have some rough games to end the year, Vikings and Giants, but they both have good defenses.

As for this thread, I can't look at thielen catch percentage and compare it to Dez. Too many variables. Does Dak and Dez need to improve their completion percentage? Yes. But I can't put all the blame on Dez. Sure, he may not be that quick ankle breaking receiver like Bease who can always get open on 5-10 yard routes, but he does offer big play ability either by out jumping the cb or RAC. Not going to over analyze a week 1 game against a rival that has a corner that matches well against dez.

T-RO

Reaction score
Your stats should give a hint that Dez isn't the only variable in the catch rate equation.
2014 season was with Romo. That season would have been 5th season they've been playing together. 2015 is not even worth explaining and 2016 was first season with Dak who was a rookie. Even Romo needed a season or so to get the timing down with Dez. I hope you aren't expecting the same results this quickly.

Also, as great as Dak has been, he isn't at Romo's level as a passer yet. I'm sure he'll get there given time but I think some people's expectation are too high too soon.

I agree with most of what you've said here. To be clear...again..I definitely expect some big games from Dez this year.

But Dak is on the opposite end of things as Tony...he prefers moderate-risk plays. Throwing into small windows where defenders are tight...isn't something Dak seems as comfortable with.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know it will sound as sacrilege to some, but I'm beginning to wonder if Butler is a better weapon than Dez Bryant. I raise this question despite what I see with Dez: increased maturity and improved chemistry with Dak.

Amongst the WR core Butler features the best speed...he's much faster than Dez. He is tall, long and has good hands. He's the one outside receiver who can separate with pure speed.

Dez still has the strongest hands, and is undoubtedly the guy with the most overall athletic ability. Dez can out-muscle a lot of guys.

OK...I'm not ready yet to say Brice is better. I can't say that. But I'm wondering about it.

Yeah that is why defense puts their best CB on Dez? lol Butler is not better not close to being better. Dez will often draw the double and always gets the opposing teams top CB. When Dallas faces Washington see who Josh Norman is covering Butler or Dez. This post is silly

haleyrules

Reaction score
Its the season opener and a victory over the Giants. The defense outplayed the offense...what more do you want. The offense will improve...life is still good. 19-3 sounds a lot better than a loss.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Saying Brice is greater than Dez is going a bit too far. Now if the question is asked, T Will > Dez?... that might be right.

:D

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You can tell the posters who watch ESPN and treat it like the Gospel. Tantrums. Good Lord.
Probably thought Romo was a choker too.

We did have some rough games to end the year, Vikings and Giants, but they both have good defenses.

As for this thread, I can't look at thielen catch percentage and compare it to Dez. Too many variables. Does Dak and Dez need to improve their completion percentage? Yes. But I can't put all the blame on Dez. Sure, he may not be that quick ankle breaking receiver like Bease who can always get open on 5-10 yard routes, but he does offer big play ability either by out jumping the cb or RAC. Not going to over analyze a week 1 game against a rival that has a corner that matches well against dez.

I already pointed out to him why his catch % was so low - 3 games did it to him, he had 14 targets in the Eagles game, and 14 targets combined in the Giants game. Both games which Dak was just awful, and he only caught I believe 4 balls. Outside of those games and the Browns game, Dez was well above 50% in catches in every game.

This is what happens when people just go by raw statistics - they get egg on their face.

DFWJC

Reaction score
We need more yoga pants threads.

11-1.jpg
:omg::yourock::hammer:

haleyrules

Reaction score
Its too early to say anything about Bryant. After 8 games lets see whats left. If he doesn't have a big season he is done in Dallas.