Brice > Dez?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I may go down like Ned Stark with some of you boys, LOL.

There are sacred no-fly zones in every community. And I flew an F14 right into the middle of it.

Winter is here! (Except we've got to wait a damn year or better to see it)

Silverstar

Reaction score
Dez has already scored 71 TD's in his 7 year career in Dallas. 69 receiving including 2 in last year's playoffs and 2 more from KR's in his rookie year.

By comparison, Michael Irvin had a total of 73 TD's (8 in playoffs) in his 12 year HOF career.

Dez is doing just fine in my book. :thumbup:

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I may go down like Ned Stark with some of you boys, LOL.

There are sacred no-fly zones in every community. And I flew an F14 right into the middle of it.
Na, Ned was a OG... you'll go down like little finger, for trying to put Cowboy Nation against Dez, like LF did with the Stark sisters.

You just flew that F12 right over N. Korea...

T-RO

Reaction score
Dez has already scored 71 TD's in his 7 year career in Dallas. 69 receiving including 2 in last year's playoffs and 2 more from KR's from his rookie year.

By comparison, Michael Irvin had a total of 73 TD's (8 in playoffs) in his 12 year HOF career.

Dez is doing just fine in my book. :thumbup:

He's the king of big plays no doubt.

Today's league is about long sustained high-percentage-pass centric drives, but yes...big plays are needed.

Now I fully expect to see the Dak-Dez connection to improve considerably in games to come. But I'm keeping an eye on this as the season continues. I am the watcher on the walls.

I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. ...now my watch begins

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
ESPN is burying this SD-Den game with the worst broadcasting in the history of the NFL. Had to turn it off... back to something more important.

Yesterday's game.
DeZ requires more attention by the DBs thus giving the other receivers better opportunities to contribute :thumbup:

Lot of teams don't double him. It is true he usually draws the top corner.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I know it will sound as sacrilege to some, but I'm beginning to wonder if Butler is a better weapon than Dez Bryant. I raise this question despite what I see with Dez: increased maturity and improved chemistry with Dak.

Amongst the WR core Butler features the best speed...he's much faster than Dez. He is tall, long and has good hands. He's the one outside receiver who can separate with pure speed.

Dez still has the strongest hands, and is undoubtedly the guy with the most overall athletic ability. Dez can out-muscle a lot of guys.

OK...I'm not ready yet to say Brice is better. I can't say that. But I'm wondering about it.

Agree with you to a point.
Dez doesn't look as explosive as he did 5-6 years ago.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I think Butler is wildly underrated. A quality #4 option who has great comfort with Dak from their time as backups and from Dez's time sidelined last season.

Still ... no. Just no.

I call Brice 50/50

Zman5

Reaction score
We need more yoga pants threads.

11-1.jpg

T-RO

Reaction score
@T-RO... are you saying the Butler did it? :muttley:

The Butler didn't do it....yet. Maybe he shouldn't, maybe he can't.

As I said right on my first post...I'll I'm doing is wondering aloud at this point. Not advocating any changes.

Yet it puts the shivers down some folks around here.

T-RO

Reaction score
Pass #1 to Dez. Catchable? No. When watching the game I just thought this was a bad overthrow by Dak. Maybe it was. Re-watching it I can't help but wonder Dak saw how tightly covered Dez was...and with the risk of a pick-6...decided to airmail it.

Again the recurring theme with Dez is lack of separation when facing man-to-man d.

AirMail_Dez.jpg

T-RO

Reaction score
Pass #2

Dez did catch this and he held on all the way. Would have been six. He just couldn't keep himself in bounds. This is certainly the type of thing Dez does better than anyone. High Points the ball and stays strong maintaining possession. Alas...no catch and no TD.

highPoint.jpg