Bring it Phoenix! The Spurs are ready!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Let's see those fools try and score 120 every night against the Spurs defense! Amare Stoudemire is going to be Tim Duncan's (female dog) and I hope they put Steve Nash on Tony Parker again because he can run circles around him. Beware the Man from Argentina, and I'm sure Bruce Bown is anxious to make another NBA player cry when he can't get any good looks with Bowen in his face 24/7. First stop Phoenix, next stop Miami (if Shaq is healthy). Time to get that trophy back in San Antonio! No more fluke shots by Derek Fisher this year! :yourock:

JoshBYW

Reaction score
This will be an interesting series. How does Tim Duncan get his 20 touch fouls a game, yet also have the Suns go to the line 30 times on mystery calls? Either the Suns will get away with their usual fouls, or Duncan is going to look really sad when he isn't given his usual free pass to the foul line.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
maloy said:
yea whatever he said.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/

dam dude that that sh*** to the advertisement forum, post something or simply dont post.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
Suns win the series in a SWEEP!!!!
I wouldn't go that far. I think it goes the distance w/Spurs winning. If TD was even remotely healthy, then I'd say maybe 6.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I wouldn't go that far. I think it goes the distance w/Spurs winning. If TD was even remotely healthy, then I'd say maybe 6.
To be honest my team didn't even make the playoffs this year

Lakers

out of the teams that are left I'm pulling for Miami and not because shaq but DW I wish he would have been part of the trade for shaq but oh well crap happens..

I've never liked SA or Det. so anyone other than them....

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
The Spurs will take out the Suns. Hopefully Duncan will get as many calls as overhyped Omarie Stoudamire does. You cannot even touch the guy.

If the Suns do manage to get to the finals, The Heat will dominate them and my personal favorite to go, the Pistons, will destroy them.

- Mike G.

JoshBYW

Reaction score
Duncan gets just as many calls as anyone in the league. Stoudemire and Duncan will be disappointed if they don't get the free touch fouls on them like usual. It will be an interesting battle between the two, as they'll hand out the trips to the foul line like candy if the refs stay consistent with the last 2 rounds of the playoffs for these teams.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I think Sir Charles said it best in his appraisal of the Spurs. They can play the best defense in the league but they can also score 100 points whenever they want to. The Spurs are one of the most underrated offensive teams in the league and showed it against Phoenix in game one. Did anyone see that impressive stat that the Spurs are 28-2 or something like that when scoring 100 points. Wow! If that's the case, the Suns are dead. I hope Timmy's injuries hold out.

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
You know what would be sweet, if Timmy would play football part time for the Cowboys. You could line him up at wideout on goalline situations, and just throw the ball up for him. The guys has superglue for hands. Its amazing some of the passes from Manu that he hauls in. Any other player and you know its a turnover. I am just kidding of course, but seriously, back of the end zone, jump ball, Touchdown TD!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
T-New41 said:
You know what would be sweet, if Timmy would play football part time for the Cowboys. You could line him up at wideout on goalline situations, and just throw the ball up for him. The guys has superglue for hands. Its amazing some of the passes from Manu that he hauls in. Any other player and you know its a turnover. I am just kidding of course, but seriously, back of the end zone, jump ball, Touchdown TD!

Just gotta throw in some props for Manu because I honestly believe if not for his maturation, the Spurs would not be the Western Conference favorites right now. He goes from crazy player to Pop trusting him to make the right decision (which he did) on the last play in Game 6. We would not be winning these games if it was only T. Parker and T. Duncan. God bless R.C. Buford for his phenomenal roster management and drafting Ginobilli in the second round. I can't wait until Scola gets here too. We have two of the best players on the best Olympics team in the world.

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Just gotta throw in some props for Manu because I honestly believe if not for his maturation, the Spurs would not be the Western Conference favorites right now. He goes from crazy player to Pop trusting him to make the right decision (which he did) on the last play in Game 6. We would not be winning these games if it was only T. Parker and T. Duncan. God bless R.C. Buford for his phenomenal roster management and drafting Ginobilli in the second round. I can't wait until Scola gets here too. We have two of the best players on the best Olympics team in the world.

Oh, I agree. I remember a few years back, in 2002 we got bounced pretty nasty style by the Lakers. We could do nothing to slow Kobe down and we got steam rolled by the Lakers for the 2nd straight year. Well after getting eliminated, I read an article by Buck Harvey that covered our 2nd round pick from Argentina. I had NO frickin clue who the heck this guy was. But Buck's article painted a pretty nice picture of a 6'6" athletic, quick Euro league MVP w/ a 3 point shot. I hoped for the best, but really, the odds of a 2nd round euro becoming a huge star in the U.S. are pretty slim.

Manu has far exceeded the expectations that I had of him and the guy is a real competitor. You are correct in that he compliments Duncan and the guy has balls o steel in the clutch. He may not make every shot, but he is not afraid to take it in crunch time.

The Spurs have a nice young core, who will play together for a long time. Thank God, there is no national teams or olympics this summer, Timmah needs a rest after these playoffs.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
T-New41 said:
Oh, I agree. I remember a few years back, in 2002 we got bounced pretty nasty style by the Lakers. We could do nothing to slow Kobe down and we got steam rolled by the Lakers for the 2nd straight year. Well after getting eliminated, I read an article by Buck Harvey that covered our 2nd round pick from Argentina. I had NO frickin clue who the heck this guy was. But Buck's article painted a pretty nice picture of a 6'6" athletic, quick Euro league MVP w/ a 3 point shot. I hoped for the best, but really, the odds of a 2nd round euro becoming a huge star in the U.S. are pretty slim.

Manu has far exceeded the expectations that I had of him and the guy is a real competitor. You are correct in that he compliments Duncan and the guy has balls o steel in the clutch. He may not make every shot, but he is not afraid to take it in crunch time.

The Spurs have a nice young core, who will play together for a long time. Thank God, there is no national teams or olympics this summer, Timmah needs a rest after these playoffs.

I hate the Olympics. First, The Admiral with his injuries after playing on the Dream Team. And now Timmy after his stint. :mad: I hope Duncan decides to sit out the Olympics from now on. I hope Ginobilli does too but I have a feeling he'll be playing in the next one.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Everthing seems to be breaking down as I figured it would. I am happy the Spurs are handing it to the Suns....I am going go ahead and pull the broom out...

broom.gif

- Mike G.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Everthing seems to be breaking down as I figured it would. I am happy the Spurs are handing it to the Suns....I am going go ahead and pull the broom out...

broom.gif

- Mike G.

It's certainly looking that way. The Spurs just don't lose at home and that's where the next two are headed. I didn't know if it was just the homer in me, but I watched that Denver and Seattle series, and I was thinking that the Spurs were playing the toughest playoff teams. None of the first round matchups impressed me as much as Denver. Seattle played their hearts out! I think the Spurs had a tough road and Phoenix is just the icing on the cake. It's kind of cool, though, how the Eastern Conference is so much better now. I used to consider this round the true NBA Finals, but Detroit or Miami is going to be tough. I hope we get to play Miami, because with the way I saw Detroit handle them, I know the Spurs could do the same. I guess if Miami allows themselves to be handled like that, they won't be playing us anyways.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Phoenix beat the Mavs... they were the better team this year... but Dallas matches up better against SA than do the Suns...

This may very well be a sweep... Go Spurs...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
After the sweep is complete, I want the Spurs to whip out the scissors, ala Brutus the Barber Beefcake, and give Nash a forced haircut!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Danny White said:
After the sweep is complete, I want the Spurs to whip out the scissors, ala Brutus the Barber Beefcake, and give Nash a forced haircut!

I thought "I" had a receding hairline... I am Greg Allman-ish in my hair-factor in regards to Nash...

Long live real hair...

JoshBYW

Reaction score
Dallas simply wore out the Suns. The Spurs are getting leftovers of a tired team.