Bringing Zeke back actually makes us a worse team!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he is spot duty it's a good signing. If he is the lead back then they are just stupid.
So THIS is your line in the sand? How they use zeke will finally convince you either way? No other evidence or events or anything has done it yet?

Hmmm...interesting. W

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I would call Zeke a progress stopper, but there isn't any progress to stop.

Rico's spent 3 years as a pro, and doesn't seem to have a lot of untapped potential left. Freeman is a 7th year pro with a 3.8 YPC average. Deuce is a sub-NFL athlete.

Zeke's a better blocker than any of them and can at least catch 5 yard checkdowns. He may be the worst rusher in the NFL's worst backfield - like he is freaking done - but he's our best passing game RB.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
So THIS is your line in the sand? How they use zeke will finally convince you either way? No other evidence or events or anything has done it yet?

Hmmm...interesting. W
Stupid on the decision to sign Zeke in that capacity. I have already drawn the line a long time ago on the Jones boys stupidity overall.

GMO415

Reaction score
This move baffles me to no end. I loved Zeke back during his first few seasons but the time has passed him by. He’s acceptable at best and I think signing him actually makes us a worse team. This gives us no advantage and he doesn’t have any upside. He wasn’t that good for us two years ago and now he’s even older and slower.

This was an abysmal move. Guarantee you Dak tossed an idea for management to sign his former friend or something.
Jerry is running this team as if it was a sitcom. He's bringing back Bobby Ewing to boost viewers.
Gawywu.gif

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Bringing Zeke back does not make the Cowboys a worse team.

However, the way in which they will end up misusing him will definitely make the Cowboys a worse team.
It might be planned to make the Cowboys a worse team for 2024. The draft seems to hint they were building for 2025 or beyond. Zeke was just hired to have someone in the spot.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He’s going to be a role player, short yardage and goal line plus some blocking situations - what part of that do you guys not get? They are still going to bring in a rb1
Like whom?

Please stop deluding yourself and also the others.

Rico Dowdle is our RB1.

Let that profound and frightening reality sink in.

What part of that do you not get?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
1000 yard stare + 1 bpc(blade of grass per carry) coming soon to a tv near you in 2024.