Twitter: Broaddus - Cavanaugh: Their Draftable Players By Position & Round Grade (All Seven)

DiResta

Reaction score
Broaddus loves him some oline scouting
his takes are way different than Mayocks, on linemen i think i trust Broaddus more
now the rest... not so much

ghst187

Reaction score
The problem with trading down in a year like this is if everyone else is thinking the same thing and then it could become that trading down won’t get you anything except a later pick and an additional late rounder. The other issue I see is that we already have 10 picks and I’m guessing 3 won’t have a shot to make the team so trading up for better talent might be better for us ESPN if someone great slides a bit. There are a lot of players that I’d like to add in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, more than picks we have, but if trading down in the first doesn’t add at least a third then it might not be worth it. If you love a player and are convinced he will be a stud, 19 is not too early. We could’ve probably gotten Frederick in the second round but we were sold on the talent and since he was a first rounder, we got the extra fifth year on his rookie contract. If guys can play, we won’t care where they were drafted.
As for the second and third round, that is where I’d love to see us package some late picks and add another 2nd or 3rd.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Daniels can play G, but the kid is a heck of a C prospect. I'm all for going up to get Smith or Edmunds (or S D. James). Otherwise, moving down for Vander Esch or Evans.

He has the intelligence to play C but he still has the power and quickness to excel at OG nonetheless.