Broaddus: Cowboys Laying Ground Work for Trade Down

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
http://twitter.com/#!/BryanBroaddus/status/59930210992263169

Cowboys laying ground work for trade downs. Most likely on clock but need two things. See which way first 8 go and names for teams 2 go up 4

Do they like Tyron Smith more than Castanzo, Carimi, Pouncey, Prince, Watt, Cam, or Solder plus a 3rd and 6th.

I think if Julio is on the board at 9 then the Rams will give up enough picks to make it worth it.

Woods

Reaction score
We've been hearing so many rumors of the Cowboys potentially trading down it seems as though JJ would like to execute a trade.

I guess from JJ's perspective if he can get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder, and he gets a solid contributor with that extra pick (like a RB, ILB, or WR for example), that will save him some money on the eventual cap (and real hard cash as well) and have a player ready to possibly cut MBIII this year or R Williams in 2012 (without having to dip into FA).

egn22

Reaction score
at one point i was all about tyron smith, but the more ive been thinking about it, the more it seems more reasonable to trade down. you can't let a trade opportunity go because of smith's "potential". grab a starter in the 1st round and pick up some more early picks.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Mosley was also saying they are looking to trade down. Also, said Dallas will not be taking T Smith at 9. He indicated that Dallas is more likely to take Watt or Solder than Smith. Mosley's supposed to have more out on this today.

rathalarge

Reaction score
sadevil;3910722 said:
Mosley was also saying they are looking to trade down. Also, said Dallas will not be taking T Smith at 9. He indicated that Dallas is more likely to take Watt or Solder than Smith. Mosley's supposed to have more out on this today.
If the Cowboys take Solder @ 9, then it will be the typical head scratching Cowboys pick imo.

reddyuta

Reaction score
sadevil;3910722 said:

Very interesing,mosley has been right before.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
rathalarge;3910727 said:
If the Cowboys take Solder @ 9, then it will be the typical head scratching Cowboys pick imo.

I think he felt they would only take Watt or Solder in a trade down, not at 9.

Duane

Reaction score
Honestly I think I could live with Cam Jordan/JJ Watt & Castanzo/Carimi/Pouncey and a OG/OT in the 3rd.

Gaede

Reaction score
Mosley's typically in the know, too.

Sounds good to me.

I see us trading down and getting Watt, then trading back up to get whatever tackle is left.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
solder sucks. if we pick him at 9, we have no idea what we are doing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
rathalarge;3910727 said:

It makes sense that we would take Solder because we suck at picking Oline.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
sadevil;3910722 said:

Wow. Did you remember if he said they are more likely to take Tyron over Solder straight up? Or that its just more likely they end up taking Solder at some point

This is funny b/c a lot of us were wondering what was up w/ the Tyron stuff being so prevalent. I dont think Mosley is one to get smoke screened

Out of this group
Castanzo, Carimi, Pouncey, Prince, Watt, Cam, or Solder
I like Solder the least

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Duane;3910734 said:
Honestly I think I could live with Cam Jordan/JJ Watt & Castanzo/Carimi/Pouncey and a OG/OT in the 3rd.

I think Dallas may be looking at having two first round picks. They trade down to lower in the round with the first pick. Then they will use their 2nd and picks acquired from the first trade to move up to the first round.

Gaede

Reaction score
How did Solder go from being a great prospect, pre-Senior bowl, combine--to downright sucking?

I'm not really for or against him so much, I just find it interesting that people constantly rag on him. He's played tackle for one year and played it well enough that he's a first rounder. Not to mention, he moves better than any tackle in the draft, is 6'8, and has tons of room to gain weight.

He's as good a prospect as Tyron Smith is, to me

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3910745 said:
Wow. Did you remember if he said they are more likely to take Tyron over Solder straight up? Or that its just more likely then end up taking Solder at some point

This is funny b/c a lot of us were wondering what was up w/ the Tyron stuff being so prevalent. I dont think Mosley is one to get smoke screened

It was more likely that they would take Solder at some point (ie in a trade down).

Gaede

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3910745 said:
Out of this group I like Solder the least

Me too, but to be honest, I'd take any of them and be happy

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
sadevil;3910746 said:
I think Dallas may be looking at having two first round picks. They trade down to lower in the round with the first pick. Then they will use their 2nd and picks acquired from the first trade to move up to the first round.

I was just thinking the other day that our 2nd round pick is kind of in a weird spot. There are several OL and a few others that make sense but none really stand out above the rest. I was thinking they would move off of that pick and/or #9.

Id be thrilled w/ Carimi and Pouncey

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Gaede;3910751 said:
Me too, but to be honest, I'd take any of them and be happy

I wont throw a ***** fit b/c I can only glean so much off of youtube and what-not, but I really would not be comfortable with him as our first pick.

Ill C&P my thoughts on him from the other thread

Solder is like 6'13" and not that strong. I think he will get eaten up by the Trent Coles of the league and he worries the hell out of me. I dont trust his bend on the guys who get low.

He did the least amount of reps among OL. 8 less reps than Tyron w/ 1 inch shorter arms.

I think most of these guys could get right under his pads and throw him around

If hes one of our 3 picks inside the top 35-40 then Id fell better about it.