Broaddus: Devin Street to push Terrance Williams?

Bluefin

Reaction score
I just finished listening to today's Draft Show from Mobile, Alabama and they were discussing possibly drafting a wide receiver with returns skills and when to do so.

David Helman mentioned that if selecting a wideout in the round three to four range, the player would need to push Terrance Williams for playing time.

Bryan Broaddus immediately chimed in that WR coach Derek Dooley is expecting Devin Street to push Williams going in to next season.

I got the impression that the coaches liked Street this past season, but I was surprised to hear how high Dooley is on him.

Is Dooley just blowing smoke or is Street a potential future starter?

As for draft prospects, they talked about the obvious speed factor Phillip Dorsett would bring and also had good things to say about Jamison Crowder and Tyler Lockett.

They also touched on Dorial Green-Beckham and his litany of off-field issues and that he'll still go in round one, regardless.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I just finished listening to today's Draft Show from Mobile, Alabama and they were discussing possibly drafting a wide receiver with returns skills and when to do so.

David Helman mentioned that if selecting a wideout in the round three to four range, the player would need to push Terrance Williams for playing time.

Bryan Broaddus immediately chimed in that WR coach Derek Dooley is expecting Devin Street to push Williams going in to next season.

I got the impression that the coaches liked Street this past season, but I was surprised to hear how high Dooley is on him.

Is Dooley just blowing smoke or is Street a potential future starter?

As for draft prospects, they talked about the obvious speed factor Phillip Dorsett would bring and also had good things to say about Jamison Crowder and Tyler Lockett.

They also touched on Dorial Green-Beckham and his litany of off-field issues and that he'll still go in round one, regardless.

All that matters is what Garrett thinks as for who starts.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
All that matters is what Garrett thinks as for who starts.

Well I am sure Garrett considers the wide receiver coach Dooleys opinion.

That being said, us as fans didn't get to see nearly enough (a paltry 2 receptions) from Street this year to know. I know Street was a bit thin, so hopefully by next year he bulks up and gets some more chances.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Well I am sure Garrett considers the wide receiver coach Dooleys opinion.

That being said, us as fans didn't get to see nearly enough (a paltry 2 receptions) from Street this year to know. I know Street was a bit thin, so hopefully by next year he bulks up and gets some more chances.

Street has to prove it in training camp and in preseason to even be considered for a starting job. Not just good, but outplaying Williams. I expect TWilliams to be improved going into his 3rd year also.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't mind it. If Street ends up surpassing Williams, our top three receivers will all be 6'2 and above.

While I think there roles are completely different, I don't thin it's a forgone conclusion that TWilliams is better. Williams had more yards and TDs, but Beasley was a much bigger contributor from like week 6 to 15 or so.

coult44

Reaction score
Twill was more than adequate. DM, Dez, Witten, what else does anyone expect from the next option. Especially, with how much confidence Romo started having with Cole. Street is and should be an after thought in this offense. And of by chance we waste a draft pick on a WR this year, it better be because someone is still on the board that shouldn't be. The mention of drafting a WR is proof that fans still want flashy skill position guys more than they do wins...With the exception of maybe drafting an OT, we should be taking nothing but defense,defense, defense. I don't even care what position. We need them all...

weaver21

Reaction score
I'm probably biased towards Street because I used to go high school with him and I would like to see him succeed so I wouldn't mind Street pushing TWill for playing time. Although it's nice Williams seems to always find the endzone, he needs to be more consistent.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Street was a wasted pick. Should have gone defense with that pick instead. Street is a good receiver but come on......I would rather have the ball go to either Dez, Dunbar, Murray, TWill, Beasley, etc. Street is nothing more than a possession receiver. We need a receiver that can stretch the D. Street is not that type.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Street was a wasted pick. Should have gone defense with that pick instead. Street is a good receiver but come on......I would rather have the ball go to either Dez, Dunbar, Murray, TWill, Beasley, etc. Street is nothing more than a possession receiver. We need a receiver that can stretch the D. Street is not that type.

I haven't seen anything in Street yet that makes me think he's anything more than a 4 or 5 on the depth chart.

The most concerning thing about him is he's slow with no burst.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything in Street yet that makes me think he's anything more than a 4 or 5 on the depth chart.

The most concerning thing about him is he's slow with no burst.

Yeah he seems to me nothing more than a possession receiver. I think he's a wasted pick and should have gone defense with that pick instead. We already have so many weapons on offense. I don't think we need another possession receiver. We already have that in Witten, Bryant and Beasley.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I've always liked Street and I think he will play well next year, but he will run into the same issue as everyone else in that their aren't enough targets to go around. Also he is more than a possession receiver, he isn't a burner but he has deceptive speed and can get deep.