Broaddus hearing “whispers” about Mayer

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Also there are way to many teams in the second round that need tights ends that pick in front of us. There is a good chance at 58 that six tight ends could be off the board. Remember we draft late in the rounds and we have to pick the guy we want a round early. This is a draft that you should take BPA. You will get some steals.
Players always drop, but I agree possible all are gone

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yea I’d be shocked if Mayer / Kincaid aren’t available at 26…with it likely being Mayer as Kincaid is much more dynamic.

Id much rather take a premium position but if we’re going to force the need pick at LG / TE / RB give me Gibbs…at least he’s a weapon if we’re smart enough to actually throw him the ball.
You taking a 1st rd rb? Now I have seen everything, lol. What’s your thoughts on Murphy, he seems to be dropping? Also appears Porter might be the 5th rd, maybe we have an outside shot

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You taking a 1st rd rb? Now I have seen everything, lol. What’s your thoughts on Murphy, he seems to be dropping? Also appears Porter might be the 5th rd, maybe we have an outside shot
Gibbs would likely give us the biggest impact right now.

If we had Gibbs against the 9ers that game could’ve been different.

Thinking Dak’s arm is going to get us to where we want to go is just delusional at this point and explosive run game is what’s needed for us in the playoffs.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Lol…hey it’s lowwwwww on my bird but if you’re telling me Inhave to choose between G / Mayer / Gibbs give me Gibbs.

Just based on the numbers 1 or 2 of these Edges have to drop. Maybe it is Murphy. I think he’s a great prospect - built in a lab body - athleticism that is already great against the run just needs refinement as a pass rusher. Ball of clay type 1st rounder.

I just don’t think we met with him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Lol…hey it’s lowwwwww on my bird but if you’re telling me Inhave to choose between G / Mayer / Gibbs give me Gibbs.

Just based on the numbers 1 or 2 of these Edges have to drop. Maybe it is Murphy. I think he’s a great prospect - built in a lab body - athleticism that is already great against the run just needs refinement as a pass rusher. Ball of clay type 1st rounder.

I just don’t think we met with him.
Remember just 25 picks ahead of us, doubt we will be in a wipeout situation. Biggest question is, who are the 18 1st rd graded players? Which one or one (s) will fall?

Not a fan of taking Gibbs, nothing against his talent, but I want more of a bell cow, power back to complement Pollard.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Gibbs would likely give us the biggest impact right now.

If we had Gibbs against the 9ers that game could’ve been different.

Thinking Dak’s arm is going to get us to where we want to go is just delusional at this point and explosive run game is what’s needed for us in the playoffs.
You are assuming that they use him right. They didn't use Pollard in the passing game at all and he was a receiver in college. As just a running back, Gibbs value isn't as good.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Remember just 25 picks ahead of us, doubt we will be in a wipeout situation. Biggest question is, who are the 18 1st rd graded players? Which one or one (s) will fall?

Not a fan of taking Gibbs, nothing against his talent, but I want more of a bell cow, power back to complement Pollard.
If we could bet on here I’d push all my chips in on DE being the BPA and best use of value.

And agree on what we need at RB.