Twitter: Broaddus: Holloman may have had setback

links18

Reaction score
Is this a surprise to anyone? In Cowboys land, "Ready to Play" generally translates to "About to reinjure it."

khiladi

Reaction score
Funny how the defense is this banged up, but the offensive stink-fest is not getting the real attention...

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
What do they mean setback ? If it's neck related again this guys career could be questioned ..

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny how the defense is this banged up, but the offensive stink-fest is not getting the real attention...

Sure it is...maybe not as much. But most of the media guys on twitter have all said the offense has been offensive, ordinary, average, etc.

And by Witten...

Jason Witten says the offense as much to blame as the defense for Cowboys woes
He said, the team's struggling offense, which has dropped to 18th in the league after being as high as seventh earlier in the season, bears as much blame for the team's woes.

Witten said the offense must focus on improving itself rather than trying to overcompensate for supposed expected problems on defense.

"I don’t think you can look at it that way," Witten said. "You play within yourself and trust the guys around you. Obviously the defense and special teams. We’ve got to do a better job offensively, that’s for sure. We’ve got to get down there more and we’ve got to score more. We just haven’t done a good job. We’ve left our defense out there way too long the last couple of weeks. Those areas, we can improve, too. You’ve got to believe in everybody around you. You can’t go in there and say we’ve got to go put up X amount of points. I don’t think you live in that world."

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...to-blame-as-the-defense-for-cowboys-woes.html

fifaguy

Reaction score
something is seriously wrong with our training staff/ and or we are cursed by the injury bug. IF I remember correctly, Orie Lemon played decently in his previous stint here, right??

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nirvana

Reaction score
Neck/spine, he may be done for the year if not career ending. Wish him the best. Tough year with injuries.

Zordon

Reaction score
somewhere in a very dark dark place, jay ratliff is snickering.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neck/spine, he may be done for the year if not career ending. Wish him the best. Tough year with injuries.

That's what I was thinking. Which really, really stinks because I was actually quite looking forward to seeing him play this weekend; or ever.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe Dallas needs to look into canceling all practices and make them play Bridge, Spades, whatever. After a tough day of playing cards, get out the yoga mats for a short exercise then take them to the movies.

Can also look into getting them all Segway's so no one gets injured walking around :rolleyes:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe Dallas needs to look into canceling all practices and make them play Bridge, Spades, whatever. After a tough day of playing cards, get out the yoga mats for a short exercise then take them to the movies.

Can also look into getting them all Segway's so no one gets injured walking around :rolleyes:

It's getting kind of ridiculous, huh?

I wonder how our injuries actually compare to other teams across the league, though. We're probably getting hit harder than most, but it might not be all that much harder, in context.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
When it rains.............!
You know, there are those who believe that these things even out over time. If that's indeed true, then when we start not getting these injuries, we ought to be hell on wheels...errr, cleats! Question is, can all of us wait that long???

"There are those who believe...that life here began out there, far across the Universe...with tribes of humans...who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians or the Toltecs...or the Mayans.

Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man...who even now fight to survive—somewhere beyond the heavens!"

Q the old Series BattleStar Music........

;-)

Nav22

Reaction score
It's getting kind of ridiculous, huh?

I wonder how our injuries actually compare to other teams across the league, though. We're probably getting hit harder than most, but it might not be all that much harder, in context.

I'd like to see the same, but I'm willing to bet that our D has been hit harder than just about any other unit in the entire NFL. And I would've made that bet last year too. Unbelievably bad luck.

You can overcome a few injuries on each side of the ball... everyone deals with that. But when one unit gets completely ravaged, it's impossible to overcome. "Next man up" has its limits.

Holloman's presence was my ONE silver lining with these recent LB injuries, so of course he's out too now. Ridiculous.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Dude. These injuries. This year and last year. Decimated. Offense has no excuse though. Patchwork defense every week. By the time Lee gets back someone else will be injured. If we even make it to the playoffs it will be a miracle. So tough to be a fan when everything is constantly working against your team.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I hope the offense figured out how to game-plan over the bye week because this defense is looking mighty accommodating.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I never believed in things like being cursed, but I swear I'm thinking this team is, it's always something with this team, always.