Twitter: Broaddus: Jerry would lose McClay if he promotes Garrett to GM

Gaede

Reaction score
My real question is where is the evidence that Garrett knows talent?

His father? The guy who swore Todd Lowber was going to be the next big thing?

We absolutely need to powerwash this franchise and get rid of the Garrett stank.

It is time.

There's zero evidence. He's about as useful in the war room as the kid playing games on the iPad.

quickccc

Reaction score
If you've ever watched the draft day camera, you'd know that Garrett offers very little to the proceedings outside of making the final phone call. He literally sits there and makes small talk with Charlotte the entire time.

McClay is the one they all turn to when it comes to decision making.

Garrett is a figurehead. And in the GM role, absent a McClay, he would just tell Jerry what he wants to hear.

yeh, the scouting coaches have already put their value draft board together and already had got together with the coaches before the draft
to give coaches idea of who/what player to look out for per round that the club should be interested in.

Garrett is not going to be one to tell the war room yes or no,.. he's just there to welcome in that selected player after personnel crew have made their
draft selection.

and every time they plan to select a particular offensive or defensive player, they always bring that coordinator or position coach right before the pick is officially announced, that indicates a player in their unit is about to be drafted and they want that asst coaches voice near the phone when they call him in,

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If you've ever watched the draft day camera, you'd know that Garrett offers very little to the proceedings outside of making the final phone call. He literally sits there and makes small talk with Charlotte the entire time.

I don't know about that. He threw a bit of a hissy fit when he didn't get Tyler Eifert when they traded down and got Frederick.

His little ginger ears were all red. He was hot.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Keeping jason in the front office is a huge mistake and would make the power structure even worse. How can a new coach work with Garrett hanging over his head ready to take the coaching job back at any moment.

1000%

I can’t believe the cluster cuss we are witnessing. A new low for Jerry for sure— I am holding out hope that somehow Garrett gets fired, we hire an amazing HC, who then hires awesome assistants— but this just feels so far off the rails I don’t think any of us are prepared for the *******ery about to take place

Cas2800

Reaction score
I heard from my source that Garrett was taking over the Cheerleading section. :clap::clap:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Taco and Trysten will do that.

Per all that matter, both were "organizational" decisions.

Like all of these imbeciles got into a room, hashed it all out and got that in the end.

I can only assume the head coach had a part in that.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Please, no :facepalm:. Just no. Just make Jason the water boy or athletic trainer if you want to keep him in the franchise so much :banghead:

Jerry is so dumb. McClay has showed how valuable he is to this organization. Garrett has done crap. And he wants to promote Garrett?

Jerry is dumb.

rags747

Reaction score
Garrett is not getting the GM job, front office as VP or President of Operations sure, but the Jones boys would always have someone reporting directly into them as it should be.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Me, I'm one of those who feels Broaddus' overplays his insight into the Cowboys organization.

Now, it's fine for him to voice his opinion, and why shouldn't he?

But even while he was employed and in the building there, he got a lot of things wrong. (To his credit, he's regularly been man enough and humble enough to acknowledge those times.)

Now that he's not in the building, I don't look for him to suddenly get everything right.

Last edited:

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
1000%

I can’t believe the cluster cuss we are witnessing. A new low for Jerry for sure— I am holding out hope that somehow Garrett gets fired, we hire an amazing HC, who then hires awesome assistants— but this just feels so far off the rails I don’t think any of us are prepared for the *******ery about to take place

Exactly. It's been apparent for quite some time that JJ isn't even a passable GM, but this situation shows what an incredibly inept executive he is. What other owner/president/GM wouldn't have the decision ready-made given the conditions that were set? All the sports world, not just Cowboys fans, are laughing at this ridiculous display of incompetence. Every sports website, TV show, sportswriter, even former players (Aikman) are pointing out the absurdity of this.
I'm like you, I was holding out hope that JJ would finally realize a true change was needed. A proven coach (I wanted Meyer) with the Ok to pick his own staff and make his own decisions on player personel. It's now apparent there won't be real change. Sure there will be some new faces, possibly a lot of new faces, but the same structure will remain in place.

ondaedg

Reaction score
McClay is very overrated.
Look at our last 3-4 years top picks.

Look at Maher lasting most of the year.

The only thing McClay did was add more organization to a chaotic field which is the only thing Jason is good at.
Lateral move.

I agree we've made some risky mistakes recently. But some of those may be the work of the gambler JJ. Would be very interesting to know what picks were the result of JJ, JG, or McClay.