Twitter: Broaddus makes a good point why Mike brought in his own OL coach

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Come on Boyz, hold em up! We all wanted the freckled puppet exterminated and we got our wish! We really should except that the beds been stripped and poop has been cleaned. Let's let Mike do his work and get excited about what most of us thought was impossible.

Jerry is not being Jerry at the moment let's roll in the clean sheets.
:oldcouple:

Jeez, that pic of McCarthy doesn't do him any favors. I can see now why his wife told him she was glad to see that he had lost some weight. In any case, things are looking up at this point in time. I see no reason for the Cowboys Zone members to be anything less than pleased at this juncture. Evidently, Jerry has stepped back a few notches and is allowing Stephen to do his best. So far, so good. Let the good times roll . . . ;)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Na i think its just saying that McCarthy just felt more comfortable with somebody hes familiar with. Somebody that already knows the offense.

Exactly.......nothing to do with Columbo or the job he's done.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its very obvious. Because you were Garrett's #1 fan on the planet and defended him and insulted just about everyone that challenged you on it. Now that you have proven 100% wrong and misguided in your love and support for Garrett, lots of posters are probably going to make you remember what you did.

Did you really think you could avoid it? Maybe if you admit you were completely misguided people would be a little softer on you?

I didn’t insult everyone who challenged me on it. I insulted the drooling idiots who challenged me on it. But that’s because I don’t tolerate drooling idiots, not because I care if people disagree with me on Jason Garrett. Don’t get mad at me just because you suspect what category I might have you in.

But @visionary’s lame issue with me doesn’t really have anything to do with Jason Garrett. That’s a different bedtime story.

visionary

Reaction score
I don’t even want to know why you thought this was a sensible thing to interject here.

As usual you “don’t know” why people say things just like you were blinded to Garrett’s obvious deficiencies

nothing new here

:laugh:

visionary

Reaction score
Its very obvious. Because you were Garrett's #1 fan on the planet and defended him and insulted just about everyone that challenged you on it. Now that you have proven 100% wrong and misguided in your love and support for Garrett, lots of posters are probably going to make you remember what you did.

Did you really think you could avoid it? Maybe if you admit you were completely misguided people would be a little softer on you?

Exactly

I bet you he still thinks Garrett is a good HC and if Garrett becomes a HC elsewhere and gets above .500 he will be here with his usual passive aggressive Garrett worship

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
There needs to be a blocking scheme, particularly in the running game, that supports the play design, but also utilizes the the strengths of the OL in its implementation. An OL coach who just starts fitting the player pegs into the play design holes with a talented group like the Cowboys have up front is not worthy of the job.
Callahan didn’t do squat until he had a bunch of first round talent to work with. The linemen that he helped pick out such as Livings were not even average. A lot of oline coaches can look good with first round talent.
Callahan's career as an OL coach is well documented and highly acclaimed by players as well as coaches.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn’t insult everyone who challenged me on it. I insulted the drooling idiots who challenged me on it. But that’s because I don’t tolerate drooling idiots, not because I care if people disagree with me on Jason Garrett. Don’t get mad at me just because you suspect what category I might have you in.

But @visionary’s lame issue with me doesn’t really have anything to do with Jason Garrett. That’s a different bedtime story.

So the drooling idiots that challenged you wound up being spot on about Garrett. And you, the isolated genius has egg on his face and got it all wrong?

Aw did I tough a nerve?

You shouldnt be so sensitive about Garrett.

Reality and results dictate that you have those two things mixed up. Who is the real guy that looks like the drooling idiot now that his hero is gone? :clap:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly

I bet you he still thinks Garrett is a good HC and if Garrett becomes a HC elsewhere and gets above .500 he will be here with his usual passive aggressive Garrett worship

Garrett gets fired and the rest of us are the idiots. LOL

No doubt he was spot on about Garrett. A genius in his own mind.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I'm struggling with this one a bit. I understand the need to be comfortable with the O-line coach and I'm absolutely in step with the line of thought that the O-line was a shell of it's former self this past season.

I think Colombo needed to go for that reason but Marc was an *** kicker and Philbin seems to be more of a technician (from coaching standpoints). The last "technician" we brought in here (Alexander) completely screwed this group up. As bad as this line underachieved with Colombo, they were WAY worse under Alexander.

This is the kind of nonsense i'll never understand. Fans just disparage groups because they remember that one time the line got beat or a player lost a matchup. Our line was and is great.

PFF had our Oline ranked 4th in the NFL.

They said this about the Cowboys:

4. DALLAS COWBOYS
The Cowboys have been near the top of this conversation for years. This season was another impressive display for the group, finishing fifth in PFF pass-blocking grade and third in run-blocking grade. It's well known what Tyron Smith, Zack Martin and Travis Frederick are capable of when fully healthy, but La’el Collins‘ performance this year was the most promising development from the group. His 85.8 overall grade ranked third among right tackles and was easily the highest overall grade of his career. Collins and Martin on the right side of the line helped lead an offense that finished second behind only the Ravens in expected points added per run play.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Exactly

Garrett was above .500 here....He had almost 20 more wins than losses.

So actually what the hell are you talking about?

visionary

Reaction score
Garrett was above .500 here....He had almost 20 more wins than losses.

So actually what the hell are you talking about?

my post was in English so it’s understandable you didn’t get it

feel free to get a dictionary

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, if you like what you saw out of Indy in 2016/17, then you will probably like Philbin. It is worth noting though that Philbin was the OL and AHC when Luck was at Indy.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As usual you “don’t know” why people say things just like you were blinded to Garrett’s obvious deficiencies

nothing new here

:laugh:

Nope. Nothing new, given the quality of intellect we’re talking about with the “people” you’re referring to.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So the drooling idiots that challenged you wound up being spot on about Garrett. And you, the isolated genius has egg on his face and got it all wrong?

Aw did I tough a nerve?

You shouldnt be so sensitive about Garrett.

Reality and results dictate that you have those two things mixed up. Who is the real guy that looks like the drooling idiot now that his hero is gone? :clap:

Of course the drooling idiots were wrong. That much at the very least ought to have been obvious to you. Why would I have said it otherwise?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Of course the drooling idiots were wrong. That much at the very least ought to have been obvious to you. Why would I have said it otherwise?

Yes, of course you were wrong. That much is obvious to everyone. The fact that Garretts not here anymore displays the winner of the argument for anyone that had trouble keeping score.

YOU LOST!!!