Video: Broaddus not happy with Kellen Moore/offense

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Broaddus, Shan, and Bobby Belt start off discussing WR trade targets, but Broaddus detours into a rant about the offense. Says there's still a lack of creativity compared to other offenses. OC not utlizing enough concepts to get WRs open in space. Route combinations don't maximize WR strengths like KC/Buffalo. Doesn't seem too enamored with trading for a WR if they're just going to inject him in a system that is not WR friendly.

Does he have a point? Or is this just a result of poor QB play?

been saying it for 4 years...Moore is over rated. its Jerry infatuation.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I do understand the concern. It often seems we run routes that are "independent" of one another & are more hoping someone wins due to talent than scheming the defense into a compromised position.
its exactly what Garrett/Linehan used to do. and he learned from those guys.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ah yes, change the offense for a QB who took 1 week to throw a TD in training camp in season 3 and is the end result of making things "Dak-friendly" for 7 years. Dak still can't throw against a zone to save his life. He stares down WRs and is contingent on Moore getting WRs open on their early reads. It is what it is.

KC has Mahomes and Buffalo has Josh Allen.
OMG, you are so obsessed with Dak. you can't go one second without thinking Dak...what about your two other saviour QBs who you tied yourself to their anchor...Rush, Dalton. the offensive scheme was just as bad with those guys.

this thread had nothing to do with Dak friendly or anything else. but being Dak lives in your head, rent free, 24x7. I can see your post!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak can't throw under center to save his life. What is Moore supposed to do, every time his QB stares down WRs, while holding on to the ball too long? Moore has to basically throw from shotgun with this guy.
LOL. actually if you looked up the actual stats, instead of pulling your head our of your rear end to give a meaningless comment...Dak's stat's are better under center, than not being under center..

just too funny. you are so obsessed. and it sounds personal....this is not about football any more....

ondaedg

Reaction score
The problem with the offense is the talent on our wide receivers. We don't have a receiver who can stretch the field and command double teams. Been saying all this time. We are missing Amari Cooper and Cedric Wilson. Amari because he draws attention to him which allows other recievers to get open. Cedric Wilson was Dak's go to guy in crucial situations. Now they are both gone it has affected our offense.

But the main culprit is Jerry and Stephen. If they think we are going to win with Elliott/Pollard running the ball than we are in for a rude awaking. Jerry needs to stop telling the coaches what to do. We need a receiver like DJ Moore. If not, then we can kiss the Superbowl good bye.

This. Right now opposing safeties first step is forward because they have no fear of any of our WRs running past them. ANY coach will tell you that if opposing safeties’ 1st step is forward and we don’t have WRs running free deep down the field then we have a serious problem.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Broaddus, Shan, and Bobby Belt start off discussing WR trade targets, but Broaddus detours into a rant about the offense. Says there's still a lack of creativity compared to other offenses. OC not utlizing enough concepts to get WRs open in space. Route combinations don't maximize WR strengths like KC/Buffalo. Doesn't seem too enamored with trading for a WR if they're just going to inject him in a system that is not WR friendly.

Does he have a point? Or is this just a result of poor QB play?

I rewatch all the games and I’ve never seen Cowboys receivers as tightly covered as they are this season. Even Green Bay has the occasional broken coverage open receiver which we never seem to have.

Against Tampa we had three receivers running routes against 8 defenders on multiple occasions. Devin White said it in the post game interviews that they knew our run/pass tendencies and were prepared for it. This is why McVay runs and passes from the same formation and personnel group every play.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Brouddus is the last person anyone should listen to about football.
preach it. I agree. He likes the sound of his own voice 2 much and THAT has gotten him where he is today. Thinks hes the smartest guy in the room pertaining to "football." The reality is KM has been fairly decent and consistent this year. I think he's callin the scheme according to the players' ability. Heck, we are 5-2 and we did much of that with a journeyman QB and a scant wr core, brutal schedule! BB needs to cram it. Not a KM fan, but I can't just ignore the job he has done thus far simply because I dont like him. Bryan needs to do the same and come to grips with it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
giphy.gif
I like Bryans old look better guys.