Video: Broaddus on Cobb and the great X Woods - Film

Blackthorn

Reaction score

We all saw how great Cobb was getting the first down. Watch Woods on the 4th and 1. Woods played a great game with 9 tackles, 2 assist and a FF. The young player is amazing. Heath and Woods are dynamic.

X Woods diagnosed the play perfect from the snap - great instinct He runs through traffic without getting caught up and gets to the spot Manning wants to throw. Xavier reaction was incredible. The man will make the pro-bowl. A Brown, Chido, LVE are in perfect position. When Eli cuts back he his finished with D-Law and Antwuan Woods. I love that Xavier eliminated a receiver. Heads up play.

Go Dallas!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I have to agree here, Cobb is a BEAST compared to beaz, and I got freaked out cause they did toss a flag on the play with woods taking down sheppard... smart football tho as it was over turned because Eli was OOP and now a runner...not sure whats going on with Eli tho, he has shep on that crossing route for like a split second, but didn't pull the trigger. vagiants really did themselves no favors in the game and once again showed why they are dead last in the division.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Loved the Cobb signing......a one year show me contract, I know many fans weren't on board with his signing because of his history of injuries over the last few years and I understand that but I hope minds will change over the next few weeks when Dallas displays his talent which is greater than Beasley in the middle of the field.......And isn't it a treat to have core of receivers(Gallup, Cooper, Cobb, Austin, Smith) on this team that aren't DIVA's and the drama that goes with them every day....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like Cobbs game but I cant get past the fact that that ball should have gone to Michael Gallup for an easy touchdown. And with that said Tangle_Foot has been labeled a hater:laugh:
it is tough to hear BB just oooz over a bad decsions to make it harder to get the 1st down when Gallup was WIDE OPEN for a first down/TD.. its obvious Cobb was first option on that play and Dak never looked anywhere else.. it worked out but film session will show dak his error..

BTW I saw Awuzie and woods get away with contact and hold on a lot of plays this game...if the flags wasn't thrown it didnt happen LOL

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

We all saw how great Cobb was getting the first down. Watch Woods on the 4th and 1. Woods played a great game with 9 tackles, 2 assist and a FF. The young player is amazing. Heath and Woods are dynamic.

X Woods diagnosed the play perfect from the snap - great instinct He runs through traffic without getting caught up and gets to the spot Manning wants to throw. Xavier reaction was incredible. The man will make the pro-bowl. A Brown, Chido, LVE are in perfect position. When Eli cuts back he his finished with D-Law and Antwuan Woods. I love that Xavier eliminated a receiver. Heads up play.

Go Dallas!!!

I need to go back and look at the rule on that. I know when the quarterback is outside of the pocket that DBs can make contact with the receivers without it being called. i don't know if they can tackle the receivers without it being considered defensive holding.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
it is tough to hear BB just oooz over a bad decsions to make it harder to get the 1st down when Gallup was WIDE OPEN for a first down/TD.. its obvious Cobb was first option on that play and Dak never looked anywhere else.. it worked out but film session will show dak his error..

BTW I saw Awuzie and woods get away with contact and hold on a lot of plays this game...if the flags wasn't thrown it didnt happen LOL

Gallup didn't uncover until after Cobb came open and the decision was made to throw to him. Broaddus did point out the amount of room in the middle of the field and I think the first down would have been a lot easier to get if Gallup had broke inside against his defender instead of taking his route straight up the field into the safety. I don't know if the play design allowed for that, though, or if it was completely designed to get that sideline underneath throw.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I need to go back and look at the rule on that. I know when the quarterback is outside of the pocket that DBs can make contact with the receivers without it being called. i don't know if they can tackle the receivers without it being considered defensive holding.
true if it ere the opposite way and that was giants S, we would be up in arms on the bad call.. it was a bad call..the used the correct rule but didnt apply it correctly..

that said, the flags even out over time we had some questionable one on us..none of these calls effected the outcome..our D was not good at all..hes showering players who committed fouls etc got lucky perse'..nice winning going away and not having these plays effect the game..in tight game this might be different story

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score

I think this play was selected because it best shows the difference between Cobb and Beasley, I just wish Dak had targeted #13.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Gallup didn't uncover until after Cobb came open and the decision was made to throw to him. Broaddus did point out the amount of room in the middle of the field and I think the first down would have been a lot easier to get if Gallup had broke inside against his defender instead of taking his route straight up the field into the safety. I don't know if the play design allowed for that, though, or if it was completely designed to get that sideline underneath throw.
TRUE did io not sday it was designed to go to Cobb?

Im saying Presnap seeing the HUGE space there, Dak might have gave Galllup a look to bob head to go inside quick and that a td..like I also said in film study he will see this go to WR room and say if we see a similar look ill say or do something to go rouge on that play...

Old Romo would have hit that to Gallup(yup romo reference lol :popcorn:) ,

a Vet move with time with WR would have done that..you hear Vet QBs who have great relationships with a WR that a look, a finger move, or head bob can get that done..

J-man

Reaction score
I like BB's breakdowns but please for the love of God someone take that remote out of his hands! He is terrible at controlling the game tape!

2 things I noticed:
1. Gallup was more wide open than Cobb and Dak missed a guaranteed 1st and a possible TD. Cobb made a great play and fought for it, but he shouldn't even had it.
2. Woods read it, but Eli blew it. If he would have been ready to throw sooner, it was a TD.