Video: Broaddus on Cobb and the great X Woods - Film

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
TRUE did io not sday it was designed to go to Cobb?

Im saying Presnap seeing the HUGE space there, Dak might have gave Galllup a look to bob head to go inside quick and that a td..like I also said in film study he will see this go to WR room and say if we see a similar look ill say or do something to go rouge on that play...

Old Romo would have hit that to Gallup(yup romo reference lol :popcorn:) ,

a Vet move with time with WR would have done that..you hear Vet QBs who have great relationships with a WR that a look, a finger move, or head bob can get that done..

I want to correct what I said earlier. Gallup did curl in at the top of the route and come open. However, he could have come open much earlier than that if had cut in once he pressed up on the corner. Both he and Cobb would have come open close to the same time that way. I agree that based on the alignment after the motion, the fact that the corner was to Gallup's outside and the middle of the field was open should have been an easy read for both the QB and WR. I'm still not sure they had that option, but if not, they should have. Throwing the quick out and hoping your receiver can fight for the first down is a much more unsure way to go.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I like BB's breakdowns but please for the love of God someone take that remote out of his hands! He is terrible at controlling the game tape!

2 things I noticed:
1. Gallup was more wide open than Cobb and Dak missed a guaranteed 1st and a possible TD. Cobb made a great play and fought for it, but he shouldn't even had it.
2. Woods read it, but Eli blew it. If he would have been ready to throw sooner, it was a TD.

I'm not sure on the throw. Brown was in chase and Woods was coming up on the outside. Eli pulled it down because it would have taken a precise throw. Behind the receiver and Brown breaks it up. In front of the receiver and Woods breaks it up or possibly intercepts it. I don't think Manning trusted himself on the run to put the ball where it needed to go for the TD with the receiver bracketed. If Woods had not been out in front and coming up on the receiver, I think he would have made the throw.

J-man

Reaction score
I'm not sure on the throw. Brown was in chase and Woods was coming up on the outside. Eli pulled it down because it would have taken a precise throw. Behind the receiver and Brown breaks it up. In front of the receiver and Woods breaks it up or possibly intercepts it. I don't think Manning trusted himself on the run to put the ball where it needed to go for the TD with the receiver bracketed. If Woods had not been out in front and coming up on the receiver, I think he would have made the throw.

yeah that was my point, by the time Eli cocked the arm it was too late. If he was ready as soon as he starting rolling to his right he had an easy TD, before Woods would have cleared the pic.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
1. Throw could have went to both gallup and cobb. both were open. I was surprised at how fast the corner was able to gain ground on cobb when he caught it.
2. Wow Eli sucks. And so does Jeff Heath.
3. I don't know about Woods being a pro bowl player he had some good plays and some bad plays this game. He had an ok game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like BB's breakdowns but please for the love of God someone take that remote out of his hands! He is terrible at controlling the game tape!

2 things I noticed:
1. Gallup was more wide open than Cobb and Dak missed a guaranteed 1st and a possible TD. Cobb made a great play and fought for it, but he shouldn't even had it.
2. Woods read it, but Eli blew it. If he would have been ready to throw sooner, it was a TD.

Broaddus film reviews are painful. Too much hearing himself talk and not enough actually watching the play. He could learn an awful lot about it from Bryan Baldinger.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need to go back and look at the rule on that. I know when the quarterback is outside of the pocket that DBs can make contact with the receivers without it being called. i don't know if they can tackle the receivers without it being considered defensive holding.

They could have called a penalty on Woods.

I don't think there are any situations where a defender can run through the back of a player that does not have the ball.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Cobbs game but I cant get past the fact that that ball should have gone to Michael Gallup for an easy touchdown. And with that said Tangle_Foot has been labeled a hater:laugh:

2 things I noticed:
it is tough to hear BB just oooz over a bad decsions to make it harder to get the 1st down when Gallup was WIDE OPEN for a first down/TD.. its obvious Cobb was first option on that play and Dak never looked anywhere else.. it worked out but film session will show dak his error..

BTW I saw Awuzie and woods get away with contact and hold on a lot of plays this game...if the flags wasn't thrown it didnt happen LOL

Look at the pass rush.

We all complained last year about Dak holding the ball too long.

Now you guys are advocating for him to hold it longer.

J-man

Reaction score
Look at the pass rush.

I'm not at all. He could have released it at the exact same moment and gone to Gallup.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

2 things I noticed:
Yes. A better QB would have made that throw for the TD. And it wouldn't have been because the defense did anything wrong, he just would have beaten us fair and square.

I'm not going to blame the QB for seeing a wide open guy and throwing it to him; it looked like Cobb would get the 1st more easily than it turned out.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I love Cobb on this team and I agree that the receivers helped Dak, but Dak was better too.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look at the pass rush.

I didnt say hold it longer I followed by saying he and Gallup see the same thing again you give him a special sign he could brake his route off inside quicker head for post.. he did the right thing this time but if he reads pre-snap and see that gap you can just give WR a little sign or word or something to tell him to jst break off his route and go for the space..i hear and have saw this with Vet QB and WR thats played together a long time..IN film I SAID they can pint that up, say run the same thing in Washington or another team coming up, if you get the same defensive look have plan create a gesture or sign and let the defense think its going to cobb and boom throw it to Gallup..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I want to correct what I said earlier. Gallup did curl in at the top of the route and come open. However, he could have come open much earlier than that if had cut in once he pressed up on the corner. Both he and Cobb would have come open close to the same time that way. I agree that based on the alignment after the motion, the fact that the corner was to Gallup's outside and the middle of the field was open should have been an easy read for both the QB and WR. I'm still not sure they had that option, but if not, they should have. Throwing the quick out and hoping your receiver can fight for the first down is a much more unsure way to go.
I agree thats why I said next time after seeing this on film they create gesture or sign if the D is lined up like this against this formation, he and Gallup can communicate to go rouge if you will and brek the route off earlier..it comes with experience with both platers but its done a lot with old cagy vets and wr combos..