Video: Broaddus on Cobb and the great X Woods - Film

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didnt say hold it longer I followed by saying he and Gallup see the same thing again you give him a special sign he could brake his route off inside quicker head for post.. he did the right thing this time but if he reads pre-snap and see that gap you can just give WR a little sign or word or something to tell him to jst break off his route and go for the space..i hear and have saw this with Vet QB and WR thats played together a long time..IN film I SAID they can pint that up, say run the same thing in Washington or another team coming up, if you get the same defensive look have plan create a gesture or sign and let the defense think its going to cobb and boom throw it to Gallup..

How would they know pre-snap that Gallup running a shorter route would be better than the shorter route that Cobb was already running?

blueblood70

Reaction score
How would they know pre-snap that Gallup running a shorter route would be better than the shorter route that Cobb was already running?
if you see a gaping hole in the area the route Gallup was running is available you simply have sign to break inside quicker so instead of waiting 15/20 yard in you do it at 10-15, like sandlot you just look over at your buddy and nod and look to the giant piece of uncovered real estate.. I heard they used 2 way routes for this reason and typically the WR/QB READ the route or depth of route by the defensive alignment..

simple if they both saw it look over tap you hip or something and Gallup breaks inside on post much quicker vs the depth he took..

who knows would have been nice..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I like BB's breakdowns but please for the love of God someone take that remote out of his hands! He is terrible at controlling the game tape!

2 things I noticed:
1. Gallup was more wide open than Cobb and Dak missed a guaranteed 1st and a possible TD. Cobb made a great play and fought for it, but he shouldn't even had it.
2. Woods read it, but Eli blew it. If he would have been ready to throw sooner, it was a TD.
It's dangerous to throw on the move. Not all quarterbacks are a Patrick Mahomeboy. ;)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
yeah, Dak is Living his own Truth

No just been putting in the work and developing as a player. It is easy for fans to knock him. It is job to go out and do the job. Thus far in 3 years he has helped this team to 2 NFC East titles and this year under a new OC he continues to learn and in his 1st showing of the year played very well. A lot of challenges ahead of him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if you see a gaping hole in the area the route Gallup was running is available you simply have sign to break inside quicker so instead of waiting 15/20 yard in you do it at 10-15, like sandlot you just look over at your buddy and nod and look to the giant piece of uncovered real estate.. I heard they used 2 way routes for this reason and typically the WR/QB READ the route or depth of route by the defensive alignment..

simple if they both saw it look over tap you hip or something and Gallup breaks inside on post much quicker vs the depth he took..

who knows would have been nice..

How do you "see" a gaping hole before the play?

cern

Reaction score
In every game there was probably a completion made to a receiver while another was also open. During the game the qb must react quickly. For fans and their ubiquitous hindsight, it's tantamount to watching poker on tv. It's easy to say fold or raise when you know the hold cars. I was happy with the games outcome.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How do you "see" a gaping hole before the play?

im talking right before the snap like when they would call and audible, that bunch you show is not how they stay, they havent set in their alignment yet..no matter its a game thats passed, time to move on im sure the next 15 weeks will have enough plays we can discus those :)) I mean as well as he played there were great catches on behind throws, thats knuckle ball to Jarwin for a td etc

I like doing this because i see a few of you ripping EVERY errant play by Zeke..i in turn will point out Dak the soon to be 35plus Millionaire player who makes mistakes now and will in the future no matter how much money he makes..

so turn about is fair play.. just like ive pointed out all that cash Tank and Jaylon got and couldnt get pressure , stop the run game, and well Kris Richard and that pass coverage not much better..

so if Zeke is going to be called out just because he held out to get paid and now fans in here want to hang on every bad play and post them here..ill be doing the same for all the other new contracted players..:)):muttley::laugh:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
1. Throw could have went to both gallup and cobb. both were open. I was surprised at how fast the corner was able to gain ground on cobb when he caught it.
2. Wow Eli sucks. And so does Jeff Heath.
3. I don't know about Woods being a pro bowl player he had some good plays and some bad plays this game. He had an ok game.
What bad plays?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like doing this because i see a few of you ripping EVERY errant play by Zeke..i in turn will point out Dak the soon to be 35plus Millionaire player who makes mistakes now and will in the future no matter how much money he makes..

so turn about is fair play.. just like ive pointed out all that cash Tank and Jaylon got and couldnt get pressure , stop the run game, and well Kris Richard and that pass coverage not much better..

so if Zeke is going to be called out just because he held out to get paid and now fans in here want to hang on every bad play and post them here..ill be doing the same for all the other new contracted players..:)):muttley::laugh:

Being Clever
  • I realize that you would like to be clever and would like to point the finger at Dak on this play;
  • however, you actually have to be clever to be clever.
  • Being wrong is not being clever.
  • Maybe if you would focus on the discussion you would learn something and could actually be clever for real in the future.

The Actual Play (not your desire to be clever)
  • You said that it was the point shown in my first screenshot that it was obvious (to you) that the middle of the field was open.
  • There was 11 seconds remaining at the point that Cooper had motioned to the other side and the final "look" by the defense was set.
  • If you watch other teams, when they audible it is normally with more than 11 seconds remaining on the play clock.
  • There is a CB up on Gallup. The CB with Cooper had followed him across the formation when Cooper motioned to that side.
  • It could have been man coverage but they ended up playing zone.
  • If Gallup had broken off his route early that would need to be at or before the 10 yard line.
  • If you look at the play at the point that Gallup is near the 10 yard line, there are 3 defenders on 2 WRs.
  • Cobb actually has more open space at that point and is further from the Safety than Gallup.
  • A square-in at the 10 yard line is taking Gallup right at where a defender is aligned pre-snap.
  • The deep Safety does not move to the outside until Dak has started his throwing motion.
  • The deep Safety likely comes forward instead of moving outside if Gallup breaks inside earlier.
  • Normally defenses will start out with defenders up near the line but LBs will drop back just before the snap.
  • If any LBs drop back the middle is not open but there is not way to know that at the point in time that Dak would have had to change the play (route) for Gallup.
  • They also could have an often do drop a LB in coverage on the TE but they didn't. Again no way to know that pre-snap.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In every game there was probably a completion made to a receiver while another was also open. During the game the qb must react quickly. For fans and their ubiquitous hindsight, it's tantamount to watching poker on tv. It's easy to say fold or raise when you know the hold cars. I was happy with the games outcome.

Fans also remember the play after the QB has already started his throwing motion and the defenders have dropped coverage on some players to move in the direction of where the pass is going.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Fans also remember the play after the QB has already started his throwing motion and the defenders have dropped coverage on some players to move in the direction of where the pass is going.
Yes they tend to forget where the players are when the qb starts to release

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty weak. I think you can focus in on anyone that played for Cowboys on sunday.......find a few plays and make a case they are going to the pro bowl. Fact is that Woods may have made a few plays but he wasn't consistent and the Giants torched this defense for 500 yards. I think PFF ranked him 37th at safety for his week 1 effort.