Twitter: Broaddus: Romo did not help Dak

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Carried the team? Yikes.
Anyway, there are very few teams that will be successful when their starting QB goes down. New England might be one.
In fact, that's my biggest criticism of Romo, his availability.

Starting in 2006 and ending in 2016------ 16,16,13,16, 6,16,16,15,15,4,1, considering he missed most of his games in 2015-16 looks to me like he was available and played just about every game the rest of his career other than the broken collarbone in 2010 and then even in 2016 he was ready to play as of week 6 but the team didn't want him. You make it sound as if he missed 4-5 games every season and that wasn't the case

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Starting in 2006 and ending in 2016------ 16,16,13,16, 6,16,16,15,15,4,1, considering he missed most of his games in 2015-16 looks to me like he was available and played just about every game the rest of his career other than the broken collarbone in 2010 and then even in 2016 he was ready to play as of week 6 but the team didn't want him. You make it sound as if he missed 4-5 games every season and that wasn't the case
You're not illustrating the games he started, so your numbers are off. I'm not making anything seem like anything, just stated the obvious facts.

Games he started
2006 - 10
2007 - 16
2008 - 13
2009 - 16
2010 - 6
2011 - 16
2012 - 16
2013 - 15
2014 - 15
2015 - 4
2016 - 0

That's a roller-coaster because when he was not playing, we didn't have the luxury of a legit starter behind him to play so many games. (Likes the vast majority of the NFL) and if you don't think that hindered the team, well agree to disagree. The end of his career is exactly what I was referring to and a reason Prescott got the start.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You're not illustrating the games he started, so your numbers are off. I'm not making anything seem like anything, just stated the obvious facts.

Games he started
2006 - 10
2007 - 16
2008 - 13
2009 - 16
2010 - 6
2011 - 16
2012 - 16
2013 - 15
2014 - 15
2015 - 4
2016 - 0

That's a roller-coaster because when he was not playing, we didn't have the luxury of a legit starter behind him to play so many games. (Likes the vast majority of the NFL) and if you don't think that hindered the team, well agree to disagree. The end of his career is exactly what I was referring to and a reason Prescott got the start.

Ok sorry about that he only became the starter in week 6 of 2006 but since we are playing that game isn't it fair to say he was healthy and ready to play by week 6 of 2016 but wasn't given his starting job back? You can't have it both ways and you can't penalize him for that, just saying

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Ok sorry about that he only became the starter in week 6 of 2006 but since we are playing that game isn't it fair to say he was healthy and ready to play by week 6 of 2016 but wasn't given his starting job back? You can't have it both ways and you can't penalize him for that, just saying
At the time, not using hindsight I thought the same thing. Why wouldn't you put Romo back in? However, I changed my view on that when Prescott played the entire season and has now played 3 full seasons, never missing a single game. It's not penalizing Romo, it's a risk vs. reward deal. The staff probably got tired of unexpected injuries specifically at the end of his career. I can't fault them for making a tough decision to move on with Prescott. It's the exact same way Romo started his career.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
At the time, not using hindsight I thought the same thing. Why wouldn't you put Romo back in? However, I changed my view on that when Prescott played the entire season and has now played 3 full seasons, never missing a single game. It's not penalizing Romo, it's a risk vs. reward deal. The staff probably got tired of unexpected injuries specifically at the end of his career. I can't fault them for making a tough decision to move on with Prescott. It's the exact same way Romo started his career.

Look at the end of his career Romo was definatlely more prone to getting hurt, i'm not saying that would have happenned had we gone back to him but he was getting hurt more at the end so it had to be a consideration, i just disagreed with your statement about Romo's availability in general. Romo started most games for us throughput his carreer until 2014

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Look at the end of his career Romo was definatlely more prone to getting hurt, i'm not saying that would have happenned had we gone back to him but he was getting hurt more at the end so it had to be a consideration, i just disagreed with your statement about Romo's availability in general. Romo started most games for us throughput his carreer until 2014
Most games would be accurate, but I want ALL games by my franchise QB, otherwise the team is just going to struggle.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Most games would be accurate, but I want ALL games by my franchise QB, otherwise the team is just going to struggle.

Save for a few examples that generally not realistic, most QB's miss some games thru their careers at some point. I will say this for Romo he was not the kind of QB who missed games because of a hammy or groin or sore shoulder or achilles etc, the game he missed were because of serious injuries caused over time by the pounding i think he took thruout his career that finally started catching up with him later in his career

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Dak says otherwise.
In the same thread is a tweet with a video of Dak on call in to Rich Eisen. Says he had a great relationship with Tony, that Tony helped him a lot, and he thanks Tony for that help.

I believe everything a good guy and leader Dak Prescott says.

Just like I believed everything Roger Staubach a good guy and leader said after Clint Longley led the Cowboys to victory over the Deadskins:
By now, Staubach has been conscious for five minutes. "I was ready to go back in," he says, "but I didn't deserve to go back in. I loved seeing Longley do it."

We all know how that really went on and turned out in the end.

I know Broadus exaggerates i.e. Bill Parcells did not want Demarcus Ware...Bill actually compared Ware to Lawrence Taylor after the draft. But, I also know Romo was not "breaking his back" trying to help Dak. Romo was trying to get back on the field. He helped in spots when and where he could. However, he was physically injured and was not one of the back up QBs who were obviously in position to help Dak more than Romo (see your new OC).

Stauback loved seeing Longley do it and Romo loved seeing Dak do it. Yeah right.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Save for a few examples that generally not realistic, most QB's miss some games thru their careers at some point. I will say this for Romo he was not the kind of QB who missed games because of a hammy or groin or sore shoulder or achilles etc, the game he missed were because of serious injuries caused over time by the pounding i think he took thruout his career that finally started catching up with him later in his career
No one is questioning his toughness. Not at all, that's really not the point. The point is availability and how it can destroys a teams chances.

cern

Reaction score
numerous articles have been written to document that from 2007, the year tony became a starter, he missed more games than any other starting qb in the nfl until his retirement. and eli manning and phillips missed zero games during that same time.

Blake

Reaction score
numerous articles have been written to document that from 2007, the year tony became a starter, he missed more games than any other starting qb in the nfl until his retirement. and eli manning and phillips missed zero games during that same time.

Tony was a fragile china doll who barely had an NFL body. Parcells pointed it out.

Praxit

Reaction score
...Tony must have felt some jealousy towards Dak. He didn't want to hear it, but he was seeing it. Dak was winning ball games like wildfire.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You guys still haven’t realized Dak always says the right thing? What would be the benefit to him of saying anything other than thanks to Tony?

We report. You decide.

Normally guys "saying the right things" will ***** on statements of pinion but not on fact. I thought Dak was more positive and more specific than he had to be as a good Company Man. It sounded genuine to me.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tony was a fragile china doll who barely had an NFL body. Parcells pointed it out.
Manning would be in a crypt if he took the beating Romo took from 2010-2013
I get that some of it was him trying to extend plays so often.
Dude played with punctured lungs and broken ribs and many other things.
You'd be curled up in a corner in a fetal position sucking your thumb in those situations:laugh:

He certainly wasn't the China doll you describe.
His dad was a military boxer and trained him early and often...bet he'd whip your butt and not bat an eye:lmao::dance:

As for Parcells...he loved Romo and still does. Takes credit for him every chance he gets. He just prodded him to get the best out of him, as good coaches can do to players who can take it.

starfan1

Reaction score
You'd be curled up in a corner in a fetal position sucking your thumb in those situations:laugh:

His dad was a military boxer and trained him early and often...bet he'd whip your butt and not bat an eye:lmao::dance:

As for Parcells...he loved Romo and still does. Takes credit for him every chance he gets. He just prodded him to get the best out of him, as good coaches can do to players who can take it.

Tony you check our site? Lol some of you all take this Romo garbage entirely too serious. Have a beer , roll a doob

Tony don’t give a crap what we think

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
...Tony must have felt some jealousy towards Dak. He didn't want to hear it, but he was seeing it. Dak was winning ball games like wildfire.

I don't think Tony was jealous. He may have been hurt, but not jealous.

Romo sacrificed a lot to be this team's QB for a long time and then some hot shot kid comes in and takes his spot in a heartbeat. It had to hurt. I don't think Romo ever held it against Dak, but it had to be hard for him.