Broaddus: This playcaller hampers Dak

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I can’t stand Broaddus. He is nearly always wrong and a buffoon. That said he is right on here. Moore sucks. He is Garrett 2.0. All sizzle no steak. The biggest problem with this offense is him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Im with them where the most sensible plan is blow out the OC HC and QB coach for the 2023 season. If dak aint it move on from him

This and if the Coach you want wants a new QB then do it...This HC and OC where right there saying "We like our guys" any sane person who knows his job is on the line would've expressed concerne if they had it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe it’s both. Dak and Moore. Of Dak wants to take control of the Offense he needs to audible out. Call more run plays and play action off of it. Get that run game established. Elliot looked good, but got 10 runs..

Dre11

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe Dak has audibled out of the vast majority of run plays wrongly for the better part of 8 games and they cant change it....AND if thats the case is that not on the OC also? again To a man the players on offense have the same "What the hell are we doing" look and that speaks of the coach. Do you believe Dak audibled into a triple reverse after 2 good runs?

Who said the plays he audibles were wrong, you also have to execute, I don't care what play is called that's the most important factor. You can called a bad play for a certain situation, but if it's executed it can still be successful. As far as the the triple reverse, Moore said it was a play that showed some misdirection. That's not an unusual concept when you have gashed them a couple plays, no different in running a counter play after a couple of dives

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I can’t stand Broaddus. He is nearly always wrong and a buffoon. That said he is right on here. Moore sucks. He is Garrett 2.0. All sizzle no steak. The biggest problem with this offense is him.
He was right when he said tolbert gonna be a clean scratch from sunday nights game

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So no excuses to defend Dak but let's blame OC Moore. Typical stuff these days when it comes to Dak. Interesting you reference meat of it starts at 3:30 but the first 3:30 really is questioning Dak's ability and should Dallas look to draft a new QB.....and then later on they start laying into Dak's agent, Dak's inability to remain healthy, etc.

Nice to see someone finally calling Dak out for his issues.

Nothing has changed Mr. Troll. One game doenst change the fact that your little band of Dak hating trolls got it all dead wrong.

Where have you been by the way? LOL Finally coming out from under your rock when Dak has a bad game. Typical troll nonsense.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The team is a full on disgrace from stem to stern. Moore has been a significant liability since the middle of last season. Teams have figured out his basic scheme and that gadget play nonsense is a joke.
It starts with the owner, president, and GM.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Here's what I think.

One, Dak is not an elite or great QB. He's good. That's it.

Two, a QB like Dak needs a certain type of OC.

Three, Moore ain't that OC. If you had Kyle Shanahan here, I think Dak would be more consistent and effective. Still not great but better.

Four, it won't matter because we are likely stuck with both for awhile. Moore won't get many head offers this offseason and could very well be McCarthy's replacement.

Nothing has changed. Dak is a top 10 QB. Nothing more, nothing less. Stafford threw 4 picks, nothing has changed.

Bad OC, Bad line, and thing at WR against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Nothing to see here.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im with them where the most sensible plan is blow out the OC HC and QB coach for the 2023 season. If dak aint it move on from him

Move on from Dak? Damn, you flop like a fish out of water. Prior to his hand getting hurt you were all over his jock.

Verdict

Reaction score
Broaddus mentions there were opportunities on crossing routes to make a big play and Prescott either didn't see it or lacked the confidence to make the throw. Checked it down instead.

Dak played extremely poorly in game 1. This loss was on Dak and Moore. Period. I’ll even go one step farther, Moore didn’t cause Dak to not see wide open receivers so the primary culprit was Dak.

Dak just can’t see the field or process information fast enough against better defenses. He’s a liability.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Who said the plays he audibles were wrong, you also have to execute, I don't care what play is called that's the most important factor. You can called a bad play for a certain situation, but if it's executed it can still be successful. As far as the the triple reverse, Moore said it was a play that showed some misdirection. That's not an unusual concept when you have gashed them a couple plays, no different in running a counter play after a couple of dives

We disagree on the reverse.. you can run a front misdirection that does not require 6 seconds and three diferent handoffs 10 yards behind an Oline that is suspect to begin with....like the TB OC did bring him in motion against the set and hand it to him 1 yard behind the line....and sending 2 WR out into full zone and running curls and slants into full zones is basic 101 dont do play calling...when the other team is is pressing with umbrella zones WR screens wide are genarlly a no no..maybe try a middle screen..again as a player i would be asking the "What the hell are we doing" question also...and these players see this and this OC is losing them in my opinion.

Dre11

Reaction score
We disagree on the reverse.. you can run a front misdirection that does not require 6 seconds and three diferent handoffs 10 yards behind an Oline that is suspect to begin with....like the TB OC did bring him in motion against the set and hand it to him 1 yard behind the line....and sending 2 WR out into full zone and running curls and slants into full zones is basic 101 dont do play calling...when the other team is is pressing with umbrella zones WR screens wide are genarlly a no no..maybe try a middle screen..again as a player i would be asking the "What the hell are we doing" question also...and these players see this and this OC is losing them in my opinion.

We do disagree, it's actually not a bad call at that time, the execution by Shultz and Noah is what screwed it up. We also disagree in you zone don't do's. When a team is sitting in Zones and taking away the deep ball, you have to go underneath short curls, shallow crosses, hitches and jetsweeps, slants are fine. To add the defender also made a good play by mistake. It look like he was a contain player that took a step down to chase and Noah didn't get the crack Shiltz was peeling back out to either get Winfield .

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We do disagree, it's actually not a bad call at that time, the execution by Shultz and Noah is what screwed it up. We also disagree in you zone don't do's. When a team is sitting in Zones and taking away the deep ball, you have to go underneath short curls, shallow crosses, hitches and jetsweeps, slants are fine. To add the defender also made a good play by mistake. It look like he was a contain player that took a step down to chase and Noah didn't get the crack Shiltz was peeling back out to either get Winfield .

Jet sweeps would be a welcome site compared to the reverse. Slants into LB's siting in zone are a good idea? I dont know if Im the CB playing flat zone im chucking the inside release down and keeping him flat into my LB's . ..When you release outside im backing up watching the QB and if you throw a curl i got underneath and my deep has over the top ..NOW if you run some flood routes to the side then i have levels i need to cover preferable 3 levels for 2 zone defenders again this basic 101 OC stuff.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Broaddus isn't making excuses for the QB. He rips his play plenty but also lays a lot of the blame on Kellen Moore.

Also mentions that McCarthy doesn't know the terminology to call the offense.

Meat of it starts at 3:30 mark of video.

So basically - we’re royally screwed.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak played extremely poorly in game 1. This loss was on Dak and Moore. Period. I’ll even go one step farther, Moore didn’t cause Dak to not see wide open receivers so the primary culprit was Dak.

Dak just can’t see the field or process information fast enough against better defenses. He’s a liability.

I love your hate for him.

Dre11

Reaction score
Jet sweeps would be a welcome site compared to the reverse. Slants into LB's siting in zone are a good idea? I dont know if Im the CB playing flat zone im chucking the inside release down and keeping him flat into my LB's . ..When you release outside im backing up watching the QB and if you throw a curl i got underneath and my deep has over the top ..NOW if you run some flood routes to the side then i have levels i need to cover preferable 3 levels for 2 zone defenders again this basic 101 OC stuff.

Yes I'm running a slant right behind him I'm sending my rb on a swing and hitting it right behind him.

Dre11

Reaction score

With the curls if I'm the qb, I'm moving the LBer with my eyes, if you looking stairing at the qb that 's easy money
The curl-flat concept is deadly for a flat defender. They have to try and cover both especially if they're playing cover 3, which tampa played some Sunday night.

Last edited: