Broadduss = Useless

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Lol I noticed that g "yeah, yeah...no, no....” too.
He lost me when he said he would take Allen #1 overall over Darnold because he played in a cold weather city. Brugler and Helman were not buying it, bringing up Favre and Rodgers LOL

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lol I noticed that g "yeah, yeah...no, no....” too.
He lost me when he said he would take Allen #1 overall over Darnold because he played in a cold weather city. Brugler and Helman were not buying it, bringing up Favre and Rodgers LOL

Yeah, I think it was Helman that brought up Favre (played for Southern Mississippi I believe) to which Brian responded “that’s my point!”

That can’t be your point Brian.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I enjoy the occasional bit of inside the building news that Broaddus provides, and he has the guts to call people out on their failures, something not too many people will do.

But in terms of his draft valuations and philosophy? Terrible. And he'll stick with failures like Chaz Green even after years of evidence.

But he's a "draft for need" guy all the way. For someone who's supposed to be studying the draft so much, he has no plan for it other than plugging a hole here and there. I'd expect someone who's done it to know better, but then again, look at the drafts while he was here.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
My issue with Broaddus is he doesn't even watch the draft prospects until January, he's admitted it many times, and then he's fielding draft questions in February. He goes from haven't seen him to let me tell you all about him in a matter of weeks.

He's a fraud. Brugler's the guy to listen to on that show.
I wonder how much Dane makes doing things how he does. He clearly has the ability to work in some teams FO whether it’s scouting or in an advisor role of some sort. I thought he would be working for a team by now, but with him not I wonder if we aren’t going to have him doing this for the long run.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it was Helman that brought up Favre (played for Southern Mississippi I believe) to which Brian responded “that’s my point!”

That can’t be your point Brian.
I think he was trying to justify why Cleveland would consider Allen over the others. I understood what he was saying, he just lost it when he said if QB1 was clearly better than QB2, but QB2 was a cold weather QB, he would take QB2. I was thinking if it were close between the QB’s, it would be something I would consider. In real life, Allen should be no where near the #1 pick, but Kiper has been on him since Jan, and the Cleveland rumors are loud. Usually where there is smoke....

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good ole' stuttering, stammering, repetitive speech patterns Broaddus..

If you've listened to him over the years you can almost predict the phrase he's going use before he does it.

"Oh, you're right about that."
"Oh no, you're right!"
"I'll tell you what, though"
"You see, that's what I'm sayin'.."

"I like that kid..I really, really, do."
"Tha-that-that's.."
"I, I, I think...."

As predictable and living in the past as Broaddus is, at least he has an ounce of Football credibility compared to Mickey Friggin' Spags. That dude is a textbook curmudgeon and can never admit when he's losing an argument. His arguments always involve false dichotomies and, when painted into a corner, he will move the goal posts or scream "But that's not my point!" over and over and over... I've noticed most of the other cast members tend to just move on from his arguments after a minute because it's like chasing a squirrel around a tree.

Last edited:

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Good ole' stuttering, stammering, repetitive speech patterns Broaddus..

If you've listened to him over the years you can almost predict the phrase he's going use before he does it.

"Oh, you're right about that."
"Oh no, you're right!"
"I'll tell you what, though"
"You see, that's what I'm sayin'.."

"I like that kid..I really, really, do."
"Tha-that-that's.."
"I, I, I think...."

As predictable and living in the past as Broaddus is, at least he has an ounce of Football credibility compared to Mickey Friggin' Spags. That dude is a textbook curmudgeon and can never admit when he's losing an argument. His arguments always involve false dichotomies and, when painted into a corner, he will move the goal posts or scream "But that's not my point!" over and over and over... I've noticed most of the other cast members tend to just move on from his arguments after a minute because it's like chasing a squirrel around a tree.
You forgot “To meeee....”

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get a laugh out of people bagging on Broaddus for not following players year round.

Pssst...He is not a paid scout nor does he make his living as a "draft guru" ala Brugler.

He makes his living as a media employee for the Dallas Cowboys.

He does radio broadcasts (including the draft show). He does some articles including telling people his opinions on some players that come to the Cowboys or those that might be drafted by the Cowboys.

He does not claim to know it all. Contrary to some in here he admits he has made mistakes and still does.

He defers to Brugler because he knows Brugler spends more time at scouting than he does. He will have differing opinions on some players but normally he will defer to Brugler.

He, and maybe Brugler as well, has helped other people that work for the Cowboys media (helman) and Radio hosts not paid by the Cowboys (cavanaugh) to start watching tape themselves and report what they see.
Cavanaugh has sometimes had very different views on things as well.

With all of that said.

Broaddus will set up fake little scenarios where he thinks he is going to trap Brugler or Hellman and Hellman catches on and gets bored of it after a while.
Broaddus also does not let Brugler or Hellman speak enough. He tends to hog the conversation too much. He needs to sit back more and let the other guys, or guests, speak more instead of constantly trying to
interrupt or dominate the conversation.

Broaddus can also get pig headed on his ideas and does not like it when others do not go along. This actually works well when he is on a show with Mickey Spagnola as it turns into the unstoppable force meets the unmovable object when both dig into an opinion and they get upset with each others stubbornness.