Brock Hoffman elevated to active roster

Praxit

Reaction score
...oh oh, thats serious business move, right there. ;)..

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This move isn’t about the injured starters, but more about having a backup center active

RoboQB

Reaction score
Brock Hoffman, to me, is better known as Wil Grier's hype man.

quickccc

Reaction score
i just dont get it with him, how does he look great all preseason then magically right before the season he has a hamstring issue that is giong to compromise the line...
Huh ? Did Tyler Smith play in the preseason ? :huh:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tyler is already out. He was downgraded to doubtful yesterday.

They don’t have a backup center on the roster.

Hoffman and Goodwin were going to be the elevations since the 53 was released. Been saying it since then
Yes. We probably were going to carry Hoffman as the center backup and Edoga as the swing tackle/guard. Now, we'll probably start Edoga and Richards and Hoffman will be the backups.

I did not like what we saw of Hoffman in the preseason, though, so I hope he doesn't have to play.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I didn't get that move either, I didn't see Farniok as a starter but he was a serviceable backup at Center and Guard.....I don't have a lot of confidence in Hoffman but they seem high on him...
I think we figured we'd have no problem getting Farniok to the practice squad, which we wouldn't have if Farniok had not decided to not re-sign with us (he just got picked up by the Bears for their PS) so he was available. That's why we signed the other journeyman who was with the Giants.