Signed by Cowboys Broncos Assistant Strength Coach heading to the Cowboys

garyv

Reaction score
https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/20...mith-to-dallas-cowboys/?ref=NEWSandRUMORS.com

Broncos lose assistant strength coach Cedric Smith to Cowboys
Cedric-Smith.jpg

Jon Heath

February 12, 2021 7:00 am

For the second time this offseason, the Denver Broncos have lost an assistant strength and conditioning coach to another NFL team.

Cedric Smith is leaving the team to become the head assistant strength coach for the Dallas Cowboys, according to KUSA-TV’s Mike Klis.

Earlier this week, the Broncos lost fellow assistant coach Anthony Lomando, who joined the Los Angeles Chargers as their new director of sports performance. Smith and Lomando assisted Loren Landow, the team’s head strength and conditioning coach.

Landow posted an appreciation post for the two coaches on his Instagram page on Thursday.

In addition to Lomando and Smith, defensive backs coach Renaldo Hill and offensive quality control coach Rob Calabrese also left the Broncos for promotions with other teams this offseason, as did coaching intern Jett Modkins.

Hill was replaced by Christian Parker, Calabrese was replaced by Chris Cook and Lomando was replaced by Pierre Ngo.

Denver now has three remaining assistant strength and conditioning

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Blocked for Emmitt at Florida.
Wanna say someone on this board knows him personally but I am getting old and it may be elsewhere.

He used to be the S&T guy for the Texans.

Great memory

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedric_Smith_(American_football)

Cedric Delon Smith (born May 27, 1968) is an American former college and professional football player who was a running back in the National Football League (NFL) for six seasons during the 1990s. Smith played college footballfor the University of Florida, and thereafter, he played professionally for the Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, Washington Commanders and Arizona Cardinals of the NFL. Smith is currently an assistant strength & conditioning coach with the Denver Broncos. He is entering his 15th season as an NFL strength and conditioning coach, Smith has seven years of experience leading the strength and conditioning programs for the Houston (2010–13) and Kansas City (2007–09).

quickccc

Reaction score
Hmmmm, Cedric Smith ,..

… RB background …
... Strength & Conditioning
...and more than 15 years of NFL experience ? ….

That seemingly spells some hope and opportunity for ZKE, if we're gonna have any realistic chance of getting the old 2016 version back ...this is where the help has to start (besides zeke himself)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'd rather have ole Cedric back in uniform playing fullback. He's a big boy.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I bet I could take that dude in a fight. Just need to get into my F-150 first and wrap the grill in barbed wire.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What's this all about? What is wrong with promoting from within the organization of this department?

Praxit

Reaction score
...Well heck, ...who doesn't want to come over to Cabo Dallas? I mean, money, spotlight and the chicks for free.