Broncos being bought by Walmart

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Better than having a personnel guy who likes to shop at K Mart.

2792e70169febd79df01be051cd0389a.jpg
Maybe Kmart will buy the Cowboys?

khiladi

Reaction score
Maybe the Broncos will get those super slick Chinese helmets now, very cheap from what I understand!

You get what you pay for. If you pay for quality goods, China will make them top quality. Wal-mart is tailored specifically for the low to middle age income. The Chinese are far from stupid businessmen. Plus most American brands are Chines with US labels on them. Or they are ‘put together’ in the US. Even high end fashion labels are made in China and it’s the company that marks them up.

DonaldM

Reaction score
K-Mart is the subsidiary. Tarnsformco is the parent. So you want Tarnsformco to buy the Cowboys.

After reading your post. I had to google K-Mart to discover this. I had no idea it was still around.
They had the best ham n cheese and Mayo sandwiches back when I was a kid (Port Arthur) until scumbaggs took over the area.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
What a clown comment. Who cares where his money comes from and how he spends it. You sound like a loser.
Wow!!! I hit a couple of guys little nerves it looks like......LOL. You got to wonder if these dudes get paychecks signed by the Cowboys????

I will say that I like self made men. To his credit Jerry Jones made his OWN money. He made enough to purchase the Cowboys. He was an absolute success as a college football player and as a business man. He even hit a home run with the Jimmy Johnson hire. Johnson could manage a roster and coach a team in his day. After Johnson departed and his team aged out we know the results. Jones took a heavy heavy hand in every aspect of managing the FB team the Cowboys have produced very little. Rob Walton inherited his money mostly; but that does not mean he cannot be a good NFL owner. He just needs to hire good people to run the show. I seriously doubt that he will try to be a real "hands on" owner.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe Kmart will buy the Cowboys?

K-Mart sold out to their CEO and main investor, named Lampert who bought them out. The company name was changed to Transformco. They now operate on a "shoestring" budget. There was a K-Mart down the street from me that went out of business about 2 decades ago. They were really convenient to shop at during the time they were there. Now, there's a shopping center there, instead, with half a dozen various small businesses.

Last edited:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Wow!!! I hit a couple of guys little nerves it looks like......LOL. You got to wonder if these dudes get paychecks signed by the Cowboys????

I will say that I like self made men. To his credit Jerry Jones made his OWN money. He made enough to purchase the Cowboys. He was an absolute success as a college football player and as a business man. He even hit a home run with the Jimmy Johnson hire. Johnson could manage a roster and coach a team in his day. After Johnson departed and his team aged out we know the results. Jones took a heavy heavy hand in every aspect of managing the FB team the Cowboys have produced very little. Rob Walton inherited his money mostly; but that does not mean he cannot be a good NFL owner. He just needs to hire good people to run the show. I seriously doubt that he will try to be a real "hands on" owner.
Nope that envy of other people’s wealth is pervasive these day. It’s a loser’s mentality. You said it so own it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
K-Mart is the subsidiary. Tarnsformco is the parent. So you want Tarnsformco to buy the Cowboys.

After reading your post. I had to google K-Mart to discover this. I had no idea it was still around.
I did not either
The one here closed up.
I was speaking in jest btw.
I would love some one to buy the Cowboys
And then hire a professional front office.
I know that's a pipe dream.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
K-Mart sold out to their CEO and main investor, named Lampert who bought them out. The company name was changed to Transformco. They now operate on a "shoestring" budget. There was a K-Mart down the street from me that went out of business about 2 decades ago. They were really convenient to shop at during the time they were there. Now, there's a shopping center there, instead, with half a dozen various small businesses.
Yep, the one here closed up too.

reddyuta

Reaction score
So, we have a 77 yr old guy who has done very little in life except reap the rewards of his father being the best retailer the world has seen. Looks like that is what we are getting for our newest NFL owner. A big factor in old Sam Walton's success was he hired the absolute best people he could find to manage his business. It would be nice if the new Broncos owner would do that like his pop when hiring. It would be nicer still if Jerry Jones would hire the same quality of folks to run the Cowboys.

they missed out on the online retail market,imagine how much more money they would have made if they were industry leaders instead of amazon.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Can you imagine? That would be awesome.
Actually I think Elon is more nuts than Jerry is....free bongs for all players and fans at the stadium, a Tesla draw prize each home game in the hopes it doesn't catch fire before pulling out of the stadium, and last but not least a verified twitter account for a year!