Broncos being bought by Walmart

plymkr

Reaction score
Man that dude is worth 590+ billion. Amazing. Him paying 4-5 billion is a small investment for him.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wow!!! I hit a couple of guys little nerves it looks like......LOL. You got to wonder if these dudes get paychecks signed by the Cowboys????

I will say that I like self made men. To his credit Jerry Jones made his OWN money. He made enough to purchase the Cowboys. He was an absolute success as a college football player and as a business man. He even hit a home run with the Jimmy Johnson hire. Johnson could manage a roster and coach a team in his day. After Johnson departed and his team aged out we know the results. Jones took a heavy heavy hand in every aspect of managing the FB team the Cowboys have produced very little. Rob Walton inherited his money mostly; but that does not mean he cannot be a good NFL owner. He just needs to hire good people to run the show. I seriously doubt that he will try to be a real "hands on" owner.

I think it's because you made it sound like he was a lazy bum. It's just what happens when people pass away. Sometimes it's a lot, sometimes not. Either way no one is at fault.

terra

Reaction score
The walton brats disgusted me by what they did with the company. Walmart was a very different place when Sam Walton was alive.

So no I doubt that the Bronco's will be all that with the history of their new owner to consider.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like it matters. The name Walton, IS Walmart!

Of course it matters. If it were Walmart the football team would be a minor subsidiary of a public retail mega corp., controlled by a board of directors elected by stockholder vote, subject to SEC guidelines, and ultimately the sale might never occur because the stockholders could reject the acquisition because it would be completely outside the corporation's area of expertise and what has been a successful business model. I don't think Rob Walton is even a Walmart executive or board member anymore.

Nobody says the Lions are owned by Ford Motor Company, or the Seahawks are owned by Microsoft. Those companies do not own the team, and the controlling owners are not subject to any direction by those entities or their shareholders.

nobody

Reaction score
Ill take Elon's micro managing over Jerry's

I'd prefer an owner that hired experts and got out of the way...but that's me. You keep dreaming about one micromanager being replaced with another. :)

Hardline

Reaction score
I'd prefer an owner that hired experts and got out of the way...but that's me. You keep dreaming about one micromanager being replaced with another. :)
I'm not dreaming about another micromanager. I'm dreaming of an owner who hires the best people and gets out of the way.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Better than having a personnel guy who likes to shop at K Mart.

2792e70169febd79df01be051cd0389a.jpg
Kmart's sporting goods used to sell a lot of Zebco, Daiwa, Shakespeare, Mitchell, Abu Garcia and Shimano (when they were first coming out) fishing reels way back in the 70s & 80s. They even had their own Kmart brand Sportfisher and Baitcaster models.

Good ol' days...Let's go fishing, Coco!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course it matters. If it were Walmart the football team would be a minor subsidiary of a public retail mega corp., controlled by a board of directors elected by stockholder vote, subject to SEC guidelines, and ultimately the sale might never occur because the stockholders could reject the acquisition because it would be completely outside the corporation's area of expertise and what has been a successful business model. I don't think Rob Walton is even a Walmart executive or board member anymore.

Nobody says the Lions are owned by Ford Motor Company, or the Seahawks are owned by Microsoft. Those companies do not own the team, and the controlling owners are not subject to any direction by those entities or their shareholders.
@nobody , did you really say that?

nobody

Reaction score
I'm not dreaming about another micromanager. I'm dreaming of an owner who hires the best people and gets out of the way.

That would be great, but Musk hasn't shown in his history that he gets out of the way. He's shown the opposite....again, he's been good for those companies, but it's the opposite for a football team.