Broncos bench Russell Wilson for contract reasons

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
this is Ben DiNucci's world, and we're merely spectators. Its happening!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wow.. talk about weak.. I can't believe Sean Payton would sign off on this..
Maybe he didn't. Hmm.... We shall see after the year if any fireworks happen. Then we will know. Maybe he gets outta Denver.

John813

Reaction score
Let's Ride Bronco fans!

I mean it's clear the team is done with Wilson.
Going to cut him next year and eat the dead cap over a couple of seasons. 35mil+ in 24 and 53.6 mil in 2025(+2 mil cap savings lol)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The thing is that for the most part this season Wilson has been pretty good for them. Yes he's had some crappy moments and crappy games but overall he's been easily a top 10 QB. Screwing around with his money because the team around him has stunk for a major part of the year seems really sorry.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
So Sean Payton's team isn't doing so well. Serves him right. The man should have been kicked out of the league back when he bribed players to deliberately hurt opposing players. That kind of crap has no place in the sport. Goodell is a spineless milquetoast for letting Payton continue coaching. Payton should have been banned from the sport. Buddy Ryan should also have been banned for the same thing, though I think that was before Goodell's time. If so, Tagliabue should have banned him.
I used to root for the Broncos as long as they weren't playing the Cowboys. I won't do that any more, as long as Payton is coach. I'm disgusted with Goodell for having no spine. He should have banned him for life.

John813

Reaction score
Just wild that the year prior to Wilson getting there they had a legit defense and young offensive talent. Just needed a competent QB that could make some plays.
Wilson looked to be the guy on paper.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I honestly think short of them winning their division, this was always going to happen. Wilson's demand and sense of entitlement from last season turned Payton. Russell tried hard to play the so-called face of the franchise corp role and instead turned off a lot of teammates and fans. I remember reading a nugget where Payton supposedly told him to just be a player and stop going around kissing babies. My guess is there are already a couple of serious teams they feel good about trading him. I would keep an eye on the Falcons and Commanders

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
200w.gif

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Accountability. We have a hard time understanding it with Jerry Jones Culture. Which is ironic because word is Jerry Jones would’ve given anything to have Payton as the coach.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was supposedly given an ultimatum. Re-do the contract or get benched.

He's done there.