Broncos fire HC Vic Fangio

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stupid. He was brought in as a defensive guru and he his unit in the top 5 all season. Not his fault the front office gave him terrible quarterbacks.
I'm not really sure in a passing league though how much worth a defensive guru has......i'd go offense honestly.....
exactly..like Washington and NYG as well decided to pass up the important position of QB..
Yep they are some more idiots....have no sympathy for them...Panthers too...maybe there's a argument to be made that the Panthers wanted to continue to rebuild that defense but Sam Darnold stopped them from addressing QB? Just wow.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
If some other team doesn't get him first. I am not aware of any Cowboys connections he has. And they have to know what Quinn is going to do.

We can only hope Quinn wants to stay. I mean, he was fired as Head Coach… why would he want to go back to that role with less job security?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
exaclty. Why would Quinn jump into that? They are the 3rd best team (and maybe worst) team in their own divison.
Denver has a nice team. I can see someone getting that on track really quick. Derek Carr would have fun with that offense...Jeudy, Sutton and Patrick? Williams and Gordon? Fant at tight end? Just gotta get the QB sorted out....for the life of me I dont' know why they passed up Fields...didn't get it draft day and still don't get it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If DQ ends up filling that HC vacancy in Denver, I expect the Cowboys to hire from within to replace DQ. I can see Joe Whitt Jr. taking over that Cowboys DC job and the Cowboys D not skipping a beat for next season. They will continue to just get better.

stinkface

Reaction score
That's on the Bronco's they are the onews who went corner when Mac Jones and Justin Fields were on the field.

Yea, they really needed a QB and the spit the bit. Jones should have been the pick when you have a big zero as far as starting QB goes. Maybe they are going to be part of the Watson slugfest and will trade the farm to get him to Denver.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea, they really needed a QB and the spit the bit. Jones should have been the pick when you have a big zero as far as starting QB goes. Maybe they are going to be part of the Watson slugfest and will trade the farm to get him to Denver.

I mean I get maybe not liking Mac Jones if he's the only guy up there....but there was no scenario where i'd pass up Justin Fields for Pat Surtain....what was the plan? Shore up the defense? That's it?

buddieluver

Reaction score
If DQ ends up filling that HC vacancy in Denver, I expect the Cowboys to hire from within to replace DQ. I can see Joe Whitt Jr. taking over that Cowboys DC job and the Cowboys D not skipping a beat for next season. They will continue to just get better.

Whitt could follow him and become DC in Denver.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
We can only hope Quinn wants to stay. I mean, he was fired as Head Coach… why would he want to go back to that role with less job security?

Especially when money wouldn't be an issue with Jerry and Stephen.

It's the reason why Willie McClay is still with Dallas as an "assistant to the" GM instead of a GM somewhere else.

Thank goodness there's no cap on what we pay our coaches and player personnel/scouting departments.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Especially when money wouldn't be an issue with Jerry and Stephen.

It's the reason why Willie McClay is still with Dallas as an "assistant to the" GM instead of a GM somewhere else.

Thank goodness there's no cap on what we pay our coaches and player personnel/scouting departments.

Very true. Reminds me of what one of my former bosses told me he used to say when he’d interview: I don’t care what title you hired me under, just pay me what I want.

I still hate how the NFL has a salary cap when other pro leagues don’t.

Aven8

Reaction score
If Quinn thought the Jacks job wasn’t a good idea why would Denver be? At least Jacks has a QB (we think), and another slew of high draft picks. Denver still doesn’t have a QB and is right in the middle of the draft.

Only thing I can think of for him is Denver is an awesome place to live and the tradition. But having said that do you want to play Mahomes, Herbert, and Carr twice a year? No thanks!

JBond

Reaction score
It would be crazy if he is the next dc if DQ leaves.
I will take either, but DQ seems very dialed in with the capabilities of the current team. Rather keep him. Jerry has opened the checkbook for lesser coaches.