Broncos fire HC Vic Fangio

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When a HC doesn’t have a QB he has no chance. It’s silly they put this on the HC.

I live in Denver and think this has more to do with addressing apathy in the fanbase. Denver has a proud NFL tradition and for a small market they really turn out for their team. This season the stadium sat nearly half empty even during games when Denver was still in the playoff hunt. That is totally unheard of in these parts. Mile high nearly always sells out. Since Superbowl 50 it’s been nothing but bad times for Broncos football. By firing the coach I believe they think the fans will be reinvigorated and have new hope.

Fangio is a convenient fall man and honestly he’s done nothing that really would make me think twice about making this move as an owner.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
exactly..like Washington and NYG as well decided to pass up the important position of QB..
I don’t know about Mac Jones and Fields long term. Jones is solid but I don’t think he will ever be a top 10 quarterback. Fields is athletic but he needs coaching. He could be out of the league in a few years. I would bet on Parsons career long term over either of those guys.

RS12

Reaction score
If Denver hires a defensive coordinator as head coach again, not seeing how that makes sense

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t know about Mac Jones and Fields long term. Jones is solid but I don’t think he will ever be a top 10 quarterback. Fields is athletic but he needs coaching. He could be out of the league in a few years.
nah fields and hurts types with time and coaching can be good qbs i mean Lamar figured it out..they have to have the right coach and offense designed for them and that why the ravens have been more successful than others with that style of QB.

the league is the issue, they are going after Lamar clones, but none are designing and offense like the ravens got tailored to Lamar and it shows when they put in Huntley and Josh very similar qbs that can run the same offense.

Im betting SF will get it correct because that the type of OC/HC that can change the offense to fit the qb and not force them to be misused.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You would think Denver would roll with an offensive minded HC next, but you never know. Like others have stated, I would definitely take a serious look at Fangio as DC if Quinn left.

Dallas and Denver partner swap! haha

baltcowboy

Reaction score
nah fields and hurts types with time and coaching can be good qbs i mean Lamar figured it out..they have to have the right coach and offense designed for them and that why the ravens have been more successful than others with that style of QB.

the league is the issue, they are going after Lamar clones, but none are designing and offense like the ravens got tailored to Lamar and it shows when they put in Huntley and Josh very similar qbs that can run the same offense.

Im betting SF will get it correct because that the type of OC/HC that can change the offense to fit the qb and not force them to be misused.
Lamar is not just an athletic quarterback, he is the most athletic player in the league period. Hurts and Fields are not on that level. Lamar was getting exposed as a passer before his injury. Teams are zero blitzing the Ravens with safeties and corners because they know Lamar trusts his feet over his arm. I don’t see how that changes with him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lamar is not just an athletic quarterback, he is the most athletic player in the league period. Hurts and Fields are not on that level. Lamar was getting exposed as a passer before his injury. Teams are zero blitzing the Ravens with safeties and corners because they know Lamar trusts his feet over his arm. I don’t see how that changes with him.
they are very similar is my point, you is the fact Huntley has played just as well..my point is most OC/HC miss the opportunity to design offense for their qbs skillset. The ravens have dont that perfectly.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I'm not really sure in a passing league though how much worth a defensive guru has......i'd go offense honestly.....

Yep they are some more idiots....have no sympathy for them...Panthers too...maybe there's a argument to be made that the Panthers wanted to continue to rebuild that defense but Sam Darnold stopped them from addressing QB? Just wow.

If they had a decent OC and QB they would have won a lot of games. That’s not on Fangio, he’s a good coach. This is a mistake. They make a lateral move at best (Quinn) and most likely hire someone who is worse.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me, but I think it's part of a master plan to bring in a big-time replacement or vet QB.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I live in Denver and think this has more to do with addressing apathy in the fanbase. Denver has a proud NFL tradition and for a small market they really turn out for their team. This season the stadium sat nearly half empty even during games when Denver was still in the playoff hunt. That is totally unheard of in these parts. Mile high nearly always sells out. Since Superbowl 50 it’s been nothing but bad times for Broncos football. By firing the coach I believe they think the fans will be reinvigorated and have new hope.

Fangio is a convenient fall man and honestly he’s done nothing that really would make me think twice about making this move as an owner.

It’s incompetence. They know a franchise QB would bring the same excitement but they don’t know how to draft one and probably can’t afford the trade price tag on Rodgers

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised.
They were right around .500 in a pretty good division and without a top QB

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Maybe so.

I think Wilson included them on his short list, theough it probably wouldn't be his wife's top choice.

Agree .......Wilson or Watson ( remember they were one of Watson's top choices initially)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If they had a decent OC and QB they would have won a lot of games. That’s not on Fangio, he’s a good coach. This is a mistake. They make a lateral move at best (Quinn) and most likely hire someone who is worse.
Fangio is a good DC. And maybe you can say the same about Quinn but he at least took his team to the Super Bowl. Ultimately Fangio was the head coach of the team that had that quarterback. And who's call was it to go with Bridgewater over Lock? Not to say Lock is much better but he at least do SOMETHING. Where were the Bronco's when Minshew was traded for a 6th round pick?