Browns could void Watson contract with 24th case

conner01

Reaction score
Since when is there a finding of guilt in a lawsuit, barrister?

But you get the point
Accusations shouldn’t cause the suspension of any player. He may lose these suits but he may be retired before they even get in court
I just don’t think suspended a guy who isn’t even charged with a crime or been found liable in a law suit
I personally think that many accusations there is probably some truth to it but that’s why we have trials
Due process

kskboys

Reaction score
All true but they have to have known this already
Now I don’t think the league should suspend him or any other player until they are charged with a crime or found guilty of a civil suit
I believe in due process but obviously the league doesn’t since they have suspended lots of players never found guilty of anything including Zeke
You don't think an employer should be able to take action against an employee costing them money? Holy Larry, should the employer not have any rights?

kskboys

Reaction score
But you get the point
Accusations shouldn’t cause the suspension of any player. He may lose these suits but he may be retired before they even get in court
I just don’t think suspended a guy who isn’t even charged with a crime or been found liable in a law suit
I personally think that many accusations there is probably some truth to it but that’s why we have trials
Due process
Due process is for law, dude, not employee/employer stuff.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
But you get the point
Due process

Due process IN CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS has served many a cad or murderer very well.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So if you were the women you'd take 100000 over the truth and knowing it should be much more and at the end of the day shoupdny be about the money but seeing it through to see this man locked up if true?
:huh:
I don't quite understand what you're asking, so I might not be addressing your point. You'll correct me if my guess is wrong.

1. The grand jury found no evidence of a sexual crime; therefore, "locking him up" is not an option.
2. I'm not going to presume what I would do if I were a woman and in her shoes. There are some things I can't understand because I don't walk in other people's shoes. I used to assume upon people as if I actually understood what they were going through when, truthfully, I had no clue. I try not to do that any more because it's presumptuous at best and arrogant at worst.
3. Based on the grand jury's lack of an indictment, it could be risky for these women not to take the $100,000 if offered. Again, the burden of proof is different in a civil case compared to a criminal case, but one always runs the risk of rolling the dice, winning in court and getting more than the $100,000 or losing in court and getting nothing. Or maybe these women aren't interested in the money but simply want to share on the record what DeShaun Watson did to them.

Let me just say I believe the women with respect to their basic allegation. It is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to find 24 women who have no connection among themselves other than DeShaun Watson (who sought these women through social media, if my recollection serves me correctly) and get them ALL to lie against Watson.

One of the oldest forms of evidence is witness testimony. The more witnesses, the stronger the evidence. In this case, you don't have just 1, just 2, just 5, just 9 women but ... 24 women who accuse Watson of exposing himself to them.
Unless one can find a unifying/connecting motive for 24 women all lying against Watson (dismissing his attempts to pay them off works to the plaintiffs' favor), I see no reason why they would not be telling the truth.

Loso86

Reaction score
:huh:
I don't quite understand what you're asking, so I might not be addressing your point. You'll correct me if my guess is wrong.

1. The grand jury found no evidence of a sexual crime; therefore, "locking him up" is not an option.
2. I'm not going to presume what I would do if I were a woman and in her shoes. There are some things I can't understand because I don't walk in other people's shoes. I used to assume upon people as if I actually understood what they were going through when, truthfully, I had no clue. I try not to do that any more because it's presumptuous at best and arrogant at worst.
3. Based on the grand jury's lack of an indictment, it could be risky for these women not to take the $100,000 if offered. Again, the burden of proof is different in a civil case compared to a criminal case, but one always runs the risk of rolling the dice, winning in court and getting more than the $100,000 or losing in court and getting nothing. Or maybe these women aren't interested in the money but simply want to share on the record what DeShaun Watson did to them.

Let me just say I believe the women with respect to their basic allegation. It is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to find 24 women who have no connection among themselves other than DeShaun Watson (who sought these women through social media, if my recollection serves me correctly) and get them ALL to lie against Watson.

One of the oldest forms of evidence is witness testimony. The more witnesses, the stronger the evidence. In this case, you don't have just 1, just 2, just 5, just 9 women but ... 24 women who accuse Watson of exposing himself to them.
Unless one can find a unifying/connecting motive for 24 women all lying against Watson (dismissing his attempts to pay them off works to the plaintiffs' favor), I see no reason why they would not be telling the truth.
That's fine, I. Still one who doesn't not deny what hpnd and i feel for those who actually were hurt. However I've been around too many people who's name was tarnished off of aligations. The sad thing is on both accords, if he IS innocent his named is tarnished no matter what. And if they ARE victims sadly they will not be fully appreciated in such a way

conner01

Reaction score
Due process is for law, dude, not employee/employer stuff.
The nfl is not a normal employer
You can’t decide to just change companies
And you have very short careers
If someone filed a lawsuit against Parsons tomorrow do you think the league should suspend him?
How about the league let’s it play out and see if a guy is found to have done anything before you suspend them
Lots of lawsuits go no where and lots a criminal cases go nowhere. Suspending a player before anything is proven against him is just wrong and it’s a power they shouldn’t have. The avg employer who sent you home without pay could be sued for wrongful termination if you are found innocent and they’d have to pay you Atleast unemployment
Watson got paid last year but suspended players don’t get paid so they should have some rights
I’m not saying the league can’t suspend him but they shouldn’t just like they shouldn’t suspend other players for say a DUI if they are not found guilty

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I’m sure cancelling the contract of a guy who already voluntarily held out one year will go over well with him.

When you’re already at 23 accusations, does it really matter if there is another one?

Browns already made their mind up they want an All Pro QB, borderline rapist be damned. Hey, it worked for their rival the Steelers!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Stupid. I don't know why they would give up so much for a QB that's in limbo. Makes you actually appreciate the Cowboy organization more and that's hard to do.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That's fine, I. Still one who doesn't not deny what hpnd and i feel for those who actually were hurt. However I've been around too many people who's name was tarnished off of aligations. The sad thing is on both accords, if he IS innocent his named is tarnished no matter what. And if they ARE victims sadly they will not be fully appreciated in such a way

I know of people hurt by allegations too. But I don't know too many people who've had 20+ women accuse them of the exact same crime and all 20+ of them are lying.
Shrug.

Loso86

Reaction score
I know of people hurt by allegations too. But I don't know too many people who've had 20+ women accuse them of the exact same crime and all 20+ of them are lying.
Shrug.
Didn't say they all were but again it's a lil contradicting to say they all must be factual since they said it and he must be guilty with no actual proof...right?.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Didn't say they all were but again it's a lil contradicting to say they all must be factual since they said it and he must be guilty with no actual proof...right?.
I didn't say they were all telling the truth. I said they all aren't lying. There's a difference between the two statements. :)

Rayman70

Reaction score
this dude is bad news. Its ugly 4 the Team and the league.I highly doubt he plays 1 snap this year. 24 vics...let that sink in guys. This dude is a predator. There's a pattern of deviant behavior. It isnt likely going away.

Rayman70

Reaction score
and how many more have yet to come forward? Thats the scary part. Hes the Bill Cosby of the NFL. The media seems 2 be barely reporting this. Media gets amnesia when its one of their pet cats.

kskboys

Reaction score
The nfl is not a normal employer
You can’t decide to just change companies
And you have very short careers
If someone filed a lawsuit against Parsons tomorrow do you think the league should suspend him?
How about the league let’s it play out and see if a guy is found to have done anything before you suspend them
Lots of lawsuits go no where and lots a criminal cases go nowhere. Suspending a player before anything is proven against him is just wrong and it’s a power they shouldn’t have. The avg employer who sent you home without pay could be sued for wrongful termination if you are found innocent and they’d have to pay you Atleast unemployment
Watson got paid last year but suspended players don’t get paid so they should have some rights
I’m not saying the league can’t suspend him but they shouldn’t just like they shouldn’t suspend other players for say a DUI if they are not found guilty
Employees get fired for conduct detrimental to the business all the time. It's not the same, but then again it is.

I actually don't understand why you don't think any player should be punished unless it's a crime.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Employees get fired for conduct detrimental to the business all the time. It's not the same, but then again it is.

I actually don't understand why you don't think any player should be punished unless it's a crime.
AMEN

Rayman70

Reaction score

Players think they are above the rules. It's a sickness. Deshaun took it to extremes. . The man has demons clearly that need attention. NFL has a big Deshaun problem.

Flamma

Reaction score
no he will get 1yr plus time served for his team sitting him all last year..i doubt a first offense gets 2 full years..he will get a full yr instead of possibly yr. 6 games ..

What time served? He was being paid all of last year. When you don't go to work and still get paid, that's called vacation. But how much time he gets, that's anybody's guess.