Browns looking to trade DE Emmanuel Ogbah

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We should pick him up for a 5th or 6th. We liked him during the draft. I believe we wanted to trade up for him but settled on Jaylon smith. We need some help at that RE spot. I just want them to do everything so I don't have to see Ty craw try to play DE.
Believe me, there are people a-okay with Crawford at end. And they run this team.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
You don't think this team needs a right end or are you one of those unfortunate people who thinks Gregory will be reinstated?

sure. they could use a RE. preferably one better than ogbah.
ogbah is just a guy. and your suggestion that acquiring him would be "leverage" in Lawrence talks is laughable at absolute best. like, if i'm being kind and generous.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sure. they could use a RE. preferably one better than ogbah.
ogbah is just a guy. and your suggestion that acquiring him would be "leverage" in Lawrence talks is laughable at absolute best. like, if i'm being kind and generous.

Respect your elders.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ogbah is the type of player that they would target for a cheap price.
I guy that they liked coming out in the draft but did not get to take.
A guy that if he was willing to come in under a prove it deal they would take or through a low end trade ala Jihad Ward.

With the mentality that if they pan out it is a good thing, if not it is not a big loss.

Keep in mind with this defensive line it does not mean that said player has to be a starter.

They like to rotate the guys and even if the guy is a rotational player and only gets you a handful of sacks, that can be a decent thing for the right price...FOR THIS TEAM.

They kept Gregory around hoping he would get clean but I think they knew that even if he did not, he could be a rotational guy and help out.

IIRC he had the second most sacks on the team last year with around 6. And that was as a rotational guy.

With gregory probably not playing much next year, irving gone, Taco yet to show much and from what we have been told (right or wrong) with attitude issues keeping in the dog house. There would be nothing wrong with bringing in a lower paid DE whether in FA or the Draft and hope he helps your team out even if they are not world beaters.

With that said...will they trade for him with a pick this year or next year...who knows.

Going into last years draft if you would have told me they were going to trade away one person and trade for another I would have bet against that ever happening since they rarely did that kind of thing around the draft.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Well, we already have one DE with a damaged shoulder. Do we need another?
You know they like their projects. We aren’t getting anyone we know can step in so I would at least like someone with upside, who just might be in their small price range.

Verdict

Reaction score
You don't think this team needs a right end or are you one of those unfortunate people who thinks Gregory will be reinstated?

I'm not sure anyone "believes" that Gregory will be reinstated, but based on what some people are saying it is "possible" that he may be reinstated.