Browns new uniforms

Flamma

Reaction score
Aside: Have always felt a little sorry for professional teams that don't actually have anything but a color for a nickname (Browns), or the color of a piece of clothing (White Sox, Red Sox, Red Stockings, etc), or for that matter, any nickname that doesn't in any way seem imposing or even somehow appropriate/connected to the city (Jazz).

That's because it was the New Orleans Jazz. They moved and never changed the name. Similar to the Minneapolis Lakers. Does the LA Lakers make sense to you? What if the Minnesota Northstars didn't drop the "north" from their name when they moved to Dallas? There's probably more, I just don't recall them at the moment.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not even the virus can stop the Factory of Sadness from churning out product.
Best thing would be for the Browns to a) move, b) change name, and C) change uniforms.
They already did that and it worked!

See: Baltimore Ravens

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Browns hoping a change of uniforms will change their luck.

_sturt_

Reaction score
That's because it was the New Orleans Jazz.

Yes. Old enough to know the reason. Still holds.... a rather pathetic nickname.

Sometimes change makes too much sense.

Don't get me wrong... what a "Laker" is is its own mystery, and what one is doing in Los Angeles is a bigger one. But at least there are a limited number of lakes in California.

But "Jazz" is just too provincial to specific places where Jazz is ordinarily associated. New Orleans really likes their Pels, but wonder if they could arrange a trade with Memphis... surely there are some Grizzlies in the mountains of Utah(?).

_sturt_

Reaction score
You probably know this, but the connection with the Browns isn't the color, but rather is with their founder, owner and long time coach Paul Brown

Yeah, I do.

But it's really both... they didn't just randomly choose the color brown as a primary uniform color, right?

Either way... neither the image of Paul Brown nor the color Brown are worthy of being associated with the nickname for a professional team. But it's a moot point now, of course... too much history... "moot" except, again, I feel a little sorry for fans of a team with such an indifferent nickname.

sean10mm

Reaction score
They took the word BROWNS off the pants, which was an upgrade.

The Browns SHOULD wear old-timey, dull uniform designs IMO. It was part of their charm. That attempt to modernize them before this one was really crap.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I do.

But it's really both... they didn't just randomly choose the color brown as a primary uniform color, right?

Either way... neither the image of Paul Brown nor the color Brown are worthy of being associated with the nickname for a professional team. But it's a moot point now, of course... too much history... "moot" except, again, I feel a little sorry for fans of a team with such an indifferent nickname.
I don't feel sorry for them because of the nickname, I feel sorry for them because they have sucked most of the last 40 years. The fans would be fine with the name if they were fielding quality teams.

silvernblu

Reaction score
The word Browns is written on their helmets.

But it is the same color as the background and has no outlines.

But, it’s there.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I don't feel sorry for them because of the nickname, I feel sorry for them because they have sucked most of the last 40 years. The fans would be fine with the name if they were fielding quality teams.

I have friends who are Browns fans, having grown up in WV... not at all, they're more than fine with the name... the condescending pity is all mine. :D

Flamma

Reaction score
I'll be perfectly honest. I like the Browns uniforms. Everybody can't be black and red. The Browns have a simple appeal that many uniforms do not. For example, the Bears aren't much different other than a C on their helmet. Lets just be happy the NFL has a nice variety of colors throughout the league.

Is it possible for the Cowboys to go to a more silver look to their pants with their white uniforms? Or grey even? Can we agree the green isn't needed? Most of the 70s were played with grey/silver pants on TV. Just not live.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
As a traditionalist, I like it. They went away from tradition with the last uniforms. These are plain vanilla, as they should be.
Exactly. These are actually the best new uniforms in a while . They took away the silly "Cleveland" and "Browns" writing that Nike had added before.