News: Browns restructure WR Cooper's contract to create $15 million in cap room

texbumthelife

Reaction score

I'm convinced it was the missed games due to covid, non-vax, and attending public events unmasked that did Cooper in more than his lack of production for various reasons. Same for Collins, the suspension and ducking the drug tests were held against him as well. Cowboys can move everyone else's money around but Amari's.

I’m 100% convinced it was his run-in with Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Raiders fans who were against the first Coop trade looked good for one year too. Just saying, like Tyke said, Coop is a sulker. Don't be surprised with an "I'll show them" breakout year and then back to complacency. Their QB has a lot to prove too. It's a perfect storm. May not mean much regarding Dallas.

He had back to back 1100+ yard seasons until 2021. He tied his career best with 8 TD catches this past season. I don’t really believe there’s been complacency issues with him we didn’t take full advantage of him. I fully expect the Browns to use him to the best of his ability. Deshaun Watson will definitely target him a lot.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Cleveland is not purgatory like it used to be. It wont digest for Cowboys fans but Cowboys are the purgatory. Browns front office and team is better than Cowboys.

Exaggerate much!!!!

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They converted his $20 mill base salary for 2022 into signing bonus and added 2 void years to the 3 yrs remaining, thus allowing them to spread the $20 mill signing bonus over 5 yrs.

The net effect to all of this is that Cooper's 2022 cap hit is now only $5 million. Cowboys could have done the same but nope.

And we are going to be sitting here on June 1st with over $30 million in cap space, LMAO

Brax

Reaction score
Cooper's cap hit is just under 5M now. But more money is being pushed into remaining and dead years.
It’s what Dallas keeps doing with Dak and and other high $ players

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm convinced it was the missed games due to covid, non-vax, and attending public events unmasked that did Cooper in more than his lack of production for various reasons. Same for Collins, the suspension and ducking the drug tests were held against him as well. Cowboys can move everyone else's money around but Amari's.

Managing the cap is not about 'creating room' in the current year.

Would you buy a Ferrari if the dealership offered to let you wait a year to start making payments.
- The projected payment would be more than your current salary.
- The dealership is owned by the Mob (i.e. No chance to avoid paying them back).

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Cooper will easily have 1,000 yards and 10 TDs next season.

Barring injury or a Watson suspension of course. He will have better coaching and a better QB throwing to him.